Comments

• redrage00 : I look at his picture and he is smiling! So sad his Life was lost at such a young age. He seemed to like his job.
    Comment on this story: I didn't hear of anyone mentioning "why" this guy might of crossed that BIG street.. all those lanes?? They should of gave him a drug or alcohol test right on the spot! Amazes me no other car was involved , as I drive that street daily, with all the traffic! Someone was watching out for him and others. With no insurance he should get his license REVOKED! We who pay insurance have to pay for people like this driving around without ins!

April 1, 2011 at 9:27 a.m.
  • @fatguy..."you people"...No, my friend...I'm the biker who was run over by the drunk driver who ran the stop sign, was driving with a suspended license, and had no insurance. The only "you people" who
    "b-tch endlessly" are the ones who are in violation.
    R U 1 of them?

March 31, 2011 at 9:07 p.m.
  • crazy how the guy in the photo was killed this morning while trying to haul away another car. There's a story on VA.

March 31, 2011 at 3:10 p.m.
  • From the story, "Witnesses said he crossed the northbound lanes before driving through a flower bed and hitting one of the palm trees in front of Carino's Italian Grill..."

At that time of day, he is VERY lucky he didn't run head-on into a car in the north bound lane. On second thought, I guess the lucky ones are the ones he didn't hit.

March 31, 2011 at 11:44 a.m.
  • fatguy...I think you'll find it's two different sets of people. One set wants the government looking into every aspect of ourlives and the other wants government to leave us alone to the greatest extent possible.

March 31, 2011 at 11:40 a.m.

March 31, 2011 at 7:51 a.m.
  • Shows how observant I am. I can't even remember any trees around Carinos! I'm surprised that I haven't hit one.

March 31, 2011 at 7:51 a.m.
  • oh hush. you people b-tch endlessly when they do a checkpoint, worrying about possible or alleged constitutional rights violations. Can't have it both ways folks. Last time VPD did one on Moody Street a few months ago people were griping about it for weeks after.

March 31, 2011 at 7:41 a.m.
  • More check points? I haven't even seen one yet.

March 31, 2011 at 7:09 a.m.
  • The kid needs to be responsible for the damages and should get a ticket for failure to control his vehicle if there was nothing wrong with the car.

March 31, 2011 at 5:21 a.m.
  • Guess he thought it was a drive thru. : )

March 31, 2011 at 4:45 a.m.
  • Right on el69runner....all the way up and down Navarro.

March 30, 2011 at 9:38 p.m.
  • With the amount of drivers here in Victoria driving with no insurance, suspended license, or no license, invalid inspections, and no registration, I would like to see more check points to check for these offenses...

March 30, 2011 at 7:42 p.m.
  • Hum, driving without insurance, guess who gets to pay for the damage? His license should be revoked.

March 30, 2011 at 7 p.m.