Home » Arson suspected at O'Connor playground » Unverified Comments

Comments

• Mastermind cult terrorist attacks empty playground. Film at 10. Indeed there are crimes being commited and the VPD is on top of the problem but is this like shooting at house full of children and leaving a woman badly wounded? What happened to that story. Talk about short attention span.

May 9, 2011 at 1:22 p.m.
  • cb129923
    well maybe you can get VPD to enroll an undercover agent as a student at O'Connor Elementary to ferret your offender.

May 9, 2011 at 12:24 p.m.
  • bkc, I was raised the same way you were there was no funny business going on or my parents made sure we remembered the next time. Parents are not parents anymore. They defend bad behavior and put the blame on others. Morals are pretty much going downhill,bec ause kids are put on a pedestal and running the family.

May 9, 2011 at 10:49 a.m.
  • Pitbull you are right. Not sure why parents are so lax. Is it because they are afraid of getting into trouble or do they just not care? Is it just to much work?
    I was terrified and in awe of my Mother! And before you ask, no I was not beaten or abused by her. But she never tried to be my friend, never coddled me, and never let me get by with any wrong doing. If I skipped school, which I did only once, she hunted me down and took me back to school,spanked my 13 year old butt in front of the principal and sent me back to class much to my embarrassment. And then I spent a week pulling weeds out of the garden every afternoon.
    When one of my brothers decided to cuss at a teacher my Mother went to school and spanked him then spent the rest of the day following him around. After writting "I will not disrespect Mrs.------"1000 times and spending the next weekend cleaning out Mrs----- flower bed he learned all about respect.
    I have grown children and I have little ones and at some point they have all done things that got them into trouble but you will never see this Mama chasing around looking for excuses to get them out of trouble.
    What I do believe is that we are doing our children no good by carting them off to jail or suspending them from school for the very things we did as kids. Why in the world would you kick a kid out of school for skipping? You are only accomplishing what they wanted in the first place.Makes not sense.

May 9, 2011 at 7:17 a.m.
  • I agree with you bkc, although the unfortunately truth is parents don't discipline their kids like they should. It's always someone else's fault....

May 9, 2011 at 6:09 a.m.
  • Little gangsters in training? Who knows? Kids will be kids!

May 9, 2011 at 5:42 a.m.
  • I have to agree. Sounds like some kid playing with matches.
    If our kids did half the things my brothers and sisters did as kids they'd be in prison for life. We got a good whacking from Mama and went on to the next adventure. If we damaged someones property we paid for it usually by working our tails off with our Mama or the neighbor keeping an eagle eye on us.

May 8, 2011 at 9:11 p.m.
  • Don't make some kid who started a fire on the ground an arsonist.

May 8, 2011 at 8:41 p.m.