Comments

• How is it no one on busy Navarro saw the other vehicle? This guy should be put in the pen and made someones girlfriend. Just another example of our failed system. No insurance, yet still able to drive. Who's name was his truck under? If it is the parents, go after them too.

May 11, 2011 at 12:08 p.m.
  • if the first racer wont give up the other racer lock him up until he remembers.

May 11, 2011 at 11:59 a.m.
  • Drag racing on Navarro in rush hour traffic with no insurance. How is that any different than attempted murder? If this little douche bag plowed into me while playing "Fast and Furious" on Navarro, and then they send me flowers, I'd return the favor by sending a Molotov cocktail through their front window.

May 11, 2011 at 11:32 a.m.
  • Best wishes to Abete for a "speedy as possible" recovery.

Hang in there, I promise it will get better.

I have first hand experience of this kind of tragic accidents that leave the victims in disarray.
    My wife was on her way to work on her motorcycle when she was "T" boned by a minimum insured, cellphone talking, 18yr old, severely crushing her left leg.
    5yrs, 6 surgeries, and the loss of her job later she is about 70% mobile as before the accident.

May 11, 2011 at 7:55 a.m.
  • I wouldn't even let him operate a trike!

----------------oh, well -----------------------------------------------------------

May 11, 2011 at 6:58 a.m.
  • This story just gets worse. First, there is drag racing down Navarro during 6pm traffic putting countless people in danger, then there is the heartbreak for this family who must rebuild from the trauma of the wreck, then there is the lack of financial responsibilty to cover the huge expenses caused by this.. this individual. I would like to know why official charges have not been filed? After jail time, I think wearing a orange vest, walking along and picking up trash along Navarro daily for a long time is appropriate. Also, no driving anything faster than a trike. May God bless this woman and her children.

May 11, 2011 at 12:33 a.m.