Comments

• I seem to remember similar turmoil (but without the lawsuits) over the psychiatry program at CMC. Can anyone share additional insight please?

May 18, 2011 at 5:18 p.m.
  • To practice the art of medicine you need a very compassionate heart and dedication to your patients your entire life. These doctors don’t believe they are God, they were practicing Medicine for years and saved many lives in Victoria and surrounding counties. They won several awards all over the world for their researches. They are very capable doing cardiac procedures and they did at CMC for many years. This Hospital were
    Famous for having them! We the people in this city are very lucky!!! I don’t understand all this turmoil but the ones that are loosing are us the people of Victoria. Hoping all the parts agreed and we the Dr Chandna, Dr Gaalla and Dr Parikh’ patients can return to CMC to receive their dedication.

May 18, 2011 at 1:54 p.m.
  • @ vet 43, your comments are so true regarding the limitations related to physician referrals ... and to add to that are the limitations by some insurance companies that have contracts w/ certain MD groups/ hospitals/ care providers that may make this web even more tangled.

May 18, 2011 at 9:58 a.m.
  • ...trying to force "the Indians off the reservation."
    As bad as that sounds, unless I am mistaken, it should say. "Trying to keep the Indians ON the reservation."

I guess times have changed, unless, that is, that CMC is considered the reservation. Then it fits.

May 17, 2011 at 7:03 p.m.
  • All doctors not just Indian doctors tend to have a God complex....and many times I am grateful for that...it can be necessary. Certain professions need to have certain attributes.

May 17, 2011 at 6:15 p.m.
  • What happens if your primary MD refers you to Doctor "X" and he can only operate at one hospital and that is not one you want to go to for your own reasons. On it's face there appears at best to be a serious failing in our local health system, and at worse a total breakdown in the trust the public should have in the people we depend on to treat us and our loved ones.

Not sure who's horse is the highest but everyone best get down before they fall off and there is no one left to treat their injury.

May 17, 2011 at 5:53 p.m.
  • WOW... I am surprised to see so few comments on here for this topic. This is the type of headline that seeps from our community into larger news markets- Yikes! Why cant we be touted for something fabulous- we need a tide of change for the positive around here!!

May 17, 2011 at 5:36 p.m.
  • Having experience with Indian Engineers, I can tell you they believe in the cast system from what they perceive as their perch down. And Americans are down there. However, they do not believe in the cast system from their perch up.

And I’ll this a step further; I think we all know most of our doctors think they’re God.

May 17, 2011 at 5:34 p.m.
  • Just a note from me. Both of my parents were treated by one of these doctors and I am so thankful and blessed. He took wonderful care of both of them and found answers when others didn't. A medical mind and a humane heart are all that matters. Not their ethnic background. I hope these doctors find peace.

May 17, 2011 at 5:08 p.m.
  • I smell a fraud charge here. This is self referal and is against federal law for anyone who participates in the Medicare program.

"They say the hospital board's chairman sent them a letter in December 2009 indicating their referral patterns could be used to determine whether to renew their hospital privileges."

It is time to get rid of the poor mangement at CMC, who have not a clue how much trouble they are in after making that one remark. I have called the fraud dept at CMA (medicare) and they were very interested in this pattern case.

CMC needs to have an admin that protects the community, not places them in no win situation.

May 17, 2011 at 3:46 p.m.
  • Hmm...seems someone is holding out on telling the truth. One member of that cardiology group has made the "cowboys and Indians" comment himself. There were also religious slurs made by the same doc. Better be careful, you never know who is listening.

May 17, 2011 at 7:05 a.m.
  • Vet, this is just typical hospital politics. Nothing else. These great docs are not going anywhere. They just practice at Detar and not Citizens.

May 17, 2011 at 1:09 a.m.
  • This "line in the sand" between the 2 hospitals in Victoria is shameful. These are outstanding doctors and it would be horrible for our local healthcare to lose them over petty finger pointing.

It is time for our community leaders to bring all the factions to the table and act like grownups. People's lives are at stake.

May 17, 2011 at 12:02 a.m.