Comments

• Im so proud of you daddy..
    love your oldest daughter Aroura Hudspeth :) <3 <3 <3

May 24, 2011 at 8:53 p.m.
  • For information on participating or making a difference as a volunteer call Ron Kocian 572-0001.

May 23, 2011 at 6:10 a.m.
  • Do you have to Be a wounded veteran or just a veteren to participate in this event. I am a 8 year vet. Afghan and iraqi campaign vet. I was just wondering

May 22, 2011 at 8:37 p.m.
  • Alright Pat....we'll let it go as humor and agree that yes, we need a facility in Victoria. The volunteers responsible for the Field of Honor were fortunate to have Faith make the facility and the field available once again. We looked all over the Victoria area to find an alternate location because of the construction on Sam Houston. Faith had the room indoors, the area for the field, and the parking for the crowd. If you have suggestions for next year come join us. I promise the emotions you experience will make it worth your time.

May 22, 2011 at 8:07 p.m.
  • You people have absolutely NO sense of humor!
    And,Mr. Kabibil, I do not live under a rock.
    Maybe we do need a larger facility for events like this.
    Patrick Barnes

May 22, 2011 at 4:34 p.m.
  • Thank you to all of these heroes and volunteers. I hope it was a wonderful weekend for everyone.

May 22, 2011 at 1:23 p.m.
  • This wonderful event is so special to all Veterans, past or present, and should never be turned into a debate over politics or religion.

From my experiance we have gone to different churches, voted for differant candidates and wore differant uniforms but in the end the blood is the same. American. God bless the United States of America and the men and women that serve or have served.

May 22, 2011 at 12:40 p.m.
  • barnes , crawl back under your rock !!

May 22, 2011 at 12:31 p.m.
  • From the pictures, I see one of the most well-organized, thoughtful and totally resourceful events to honor our warriors. Great camaraderie, food, flags, fishing, a sand sculpture and even hugs from moms (my favorite part)...

Kudos to Ron Kocian and all the organizers and volunteers for what they do for the soldiers and their families. Thanks for reminding those of us who never served, there are other ways to be of service.

May 22, 2011 at 10:53 a.m.
  • Pat Barnes . . .
    I don't care for Faith Family nor "organized religion", but I participated in several events over the weekend and hope to do more next year . . . WHAT DID YOU DO?

TO THE TROOPS AND THEIR FAMILY AND FRIENDS:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE BOTH AT HOME AND ABROAD AND THANK YOU FOR LETTING ME SHARE THIS WEEKEND WITH YOU!!!!

May 22, 2011 at 9:48 a.m.
  • I have been a participant with Warrior's Weekend since year one in 2007. As a member of the Patriot Guard Riders I help coordinate the motorcycle rolling tribute for this area.
    Mr. Barnes, from your comment it is obvious that you have never attended these events. This is not about us or our beliefs but rather it is about those that sacrifice so much for the love of country. For your information, these warriors were told that there would be a Field of Honor Dedication Ceremony at Faith Family CHURCH, they have done it there for the past two years, and some of these warriors were in attendance then also.
    I invite you to join us anytime there is an opportunity to honor these warriors.

May 22, 2011 at 9:41 a.m.
  • These soldiers weren't required to attend "CHURCH" but they gladly sat inside the only indoor facility in Victoria large enough to hold those that came to honor them. Was there a prayer, you bet. Was there a message about our country and GOD, you bet and it came not from a local pastor, but from the Four Star General who was the guest speaker. Please learn more about this event before you make assumptions Mr. Barnes. We visited with the soldiers from Fort Campbell as they fished under the lights Friday night and they were in awe of the over 2100 flags and the support given by this community to honor them as heroes.

May 22, 2011 at 7:54 a.m.
  • I KNEW there was a catch! They had to go to CHURCH before they could fish! Wonder if they knew that ahead of time?
    Patrick Barnes

May 22, 2011 at 7:34 a.m.
  • My son,his wife,her mother and I went to Port O'Connor to

see the Parade of Homes, and were very blessed to see the

miles and miles of multitudes of American Flags adorning the entire route

there!!

It was so inspiring to see the formidable display of American Patriotism!!!

Perhaps, in larger cities, it they might have had individuals

object, calling it prejudicial against those that are Anti-American,

but down here in the heart of a small Texas area, GOD BLESS

AMERICA, and these incredible folks that fought and defended us, and don't you try to say any different!!!

May 22, 2011 at 6:44 a.m.
  • I am glad to see these wounded warriors get the due respect
    and affection from a country that refused to do something
    similar to it's Vietnam veterans.

May 22, 2011 at 5:46 a.m.