Home » Retailers, hoteliers eyeing Victoria » Unverified Comments

Comments

• Why did he (Randy) not mention the NEW MEXICAN food restaurant.....
    called, REYES MEXICAN GRILLE on Navarro that just opened with a FULL BAR and great Margaritas.
    Oh yeah, the Chamber is a right wing quasi PAC for small business owners comprising of old white men.. They take political sides and have comprised their reputation disputing Science.
    I heard racist, sexist and other inappropriate remarks at a CHamber function. Keep your beer bellies and old man bad breath away from my businesses.

June 1, 2011 at 5:29 p.m.
  • How about a list of the business that have opened in recent months, WITHOUT the Chamber being involved, Advocate? The list is much, much longer than the Chamber could ever take credit for....

Take a drive on US 59 south of town and count the number of new buildings and survey stakes all up and down the highway.

June 1, 2011 at 4:55 p.m.
  • I think the reason Victoria is getting the Cat Plant is because of the bardge canal and also we now have an airport with controlled air space. These large companies look at all the aspects of a community. Just think they could of went to Corpus but they choose this community because they drove through our neighbohoods and liked what they saw and who knows maybe they like chinese buffets. LOL

June 1, 2011 at 4:53 p.m.
  • Wow !! Two whole calls in two weeks !! Impressive.

June 1, 2011 at 4:03 p.m.
  • where are the companies that will be supporting the CAT site ?

June 1, 2011 at 1:25 p.m.
  • It is great that some businesses are "interested" in Victoria. I'm sure partly because of the incentives they would receive. BUT, what I am disappointed in is that more local companies are not being used to build for these companies. If you are going to give a business an incentive to come to our town...at least make it mandatory that the business MUST use local contractors/businesses for all aspects of construction. I don't care if its the bigger companies here in town or the smaller ones...just as long as they are LOCAL.

June 1, 2011 at 8:57 a.m.
  • I sure hope Mr. Fowler is getting calls from people that want to open more chinese buffets or mobile food units, I think Victoria has a shortage of these.

May 31, 2011 at 9:13 p.m.