Comments

• CNN said no charges will be filed because the statute of limitations has run out.
    While I do not agree with this kind of beating (and I know that 16 year old girls can drive you out of your mind), I wonder what is the true motive to post this almost 7 years after the fact?

November 4, 2011 at 9:12 a.m.
  • CPS will not get involved due to the fact that he is a judge and they only investigate those who actually do not abuse their children and they dont do anything to those who do. i know this first hand. the legal system is a joke here and everyone should know that. i hope that this judge does get what he deserves. yes i do spank my child but with my hand and nothing else but this is clearly not a spanking.

November 4, 2011 at 8:33 a.m.
  • I spank my kids, I don't beat them. Watching this made me sick to my stomach. Anyone who supports this kind of parenting is an absolute idiot!

November 3, 2011 at 10:43 p.m.
  • It seems that the GOOD OLE BOYS Network have won this round. Aransas County refuse to hear the charges. This is from the Corpus Christi Caller………….

November 3, 2011 at 8:35 p.m.
  • It is sickening that 1200 AM WOAI's Joe Pags is going after the Judge's daughter.

November 3, 2011 at 7:49 p.m.
  • Some folks are still seeing a "spanking" on this video. Makes me wonder if "grounded" means locked in a closet.

November 3, 2011 at 6:28 p.m.
  • Im all for disciplining a child but he went way too far. I never got a spanking I didn't deserve but never got one like that. I'd like to have 5 minutes alone to talk to this guy.

November 3, 2011 at 6:17 p.m.
  • I wouldnt abuse any of my pets like this much less a child with disabilities it makes me think who really has mental disabilities here!!

November 3, 2011 at 5:41 p.m.
  • Hammed it up??? People that think this is "NORMAL" parenting??? I believe you really need to think twice about having kids of your own.... or if you have them, give them up or seriously go for parenting help. OMG, i was asked how my kids were so good. .. I said because i sat my children down and talked to them.. I was raised with yelling and being hit with racecar tracks.. in fact my husband was too. All hitting does is make Kids rebel.. and I am not saying all will or won't or as a parent you will see this in them.. it makes them scared and makes them hateful and ugly people of society... I am So So thankful this girl had the Guts to tape this.. I am pretty sure this was not the first time it happened.. For the parents that believe their abused parents were just parenting when you were being beat, that just shows how Our society is Sick and people need serious Mental help... ITS NOT OK TO CONTINUALLY HIT YOUR CHILDREN OVER AND OVER IN A RAGE FIT!!!

November 3, 2011 at 5:06 p.m.
  • People who are saying this is nothing have their haeds in the sand. The Judge should resign, but since this is the Good Ole Boys area in Texas I doubt it.

November 3, 2011 at 4:14 p.m.
  • you can tell it's a slow news day when a girl can get on the t.v. for getting whip by her father. I wish I had a video of when i was draged by my hair down the hall at school and whip with the flat bat.
    get over it and move on. other kids have had it alot worst.

November 3, 2011 at 4:04 p.m.
  • Watch the video again and listen. In the video, the dad is beating her because she put "games" on her computer. The mom, at some point, tells Hillary that she better only use her computer for school work. If Hillary had also downloaded a program to download music, her father and mother didn't mention THAT as they beat her.

November 3, 2011 at 3:15 p.m.

November 3, 2011 at 3:11 p.m.
  • whats wrong with pulling your daughter in the living room holding her hands and have her focus on your eyes and explaining what she did was wrong before we resort to these measures Oh my god please!!!

November 3, 2011 at 2:40 p.m.
  • Spanking your child in not against the law and I have spanked my children before BUT that being said there is a great honking big black line between spanking your child and beating them. The father came back not once but twice to continue the beating. That being said I doubt the motives of this being posted on the internet and not being taken to the authorities 7 years later. In the end the person I am most upset with is the mother who stood by and did nothing to calm the situation, the father has said he lost his temper( which happens when you have kids) but the mother could have stopped this before it when to far.

November 3, 2011 at 2:23 p.m.
  • OK. Now I get it. She is a BAD girl. Maybe he should have used a board with short nails in it. That would learn her!

November 3, 2011 at 12:25 p.m.
  • What a horrible daughter to tape and post this video on the internet.

November 3, 2011 at 11:45 a.m.
  • Lets not forget the child was stealing music. RIAA should be involved as well. Send him and his wife to jail and fine her for stealing. NEXT....

November 3, 2011 at 11:39 a.m.
  • Im sorry Beating any child with a belt is WRONG.. As for this man being a judge makes it worse. He is suppose to be the VOICE of abused children and all the while he is beating his own child. What a Poor excuse for a lawman!!

November 3, 2011 at 11:35 a.m.
  • Great Job on missing the boat here VicAd!!! You forgot one of the facts in the case. The daughter has cerebral palsy!!! The man was beating a disabled child. HIS DISABLED CHILD! How can we assume that this man has the moral compass to judge his FAMILY COURT cases if he thinks that "beating (his disabled daughter) into submission" is not "as bad as it looks"?

November 3, 2011 at 10:51 a.m.
  • The idea that anyone finds this "beating" the best way to correct a child makes my skin crawl. Seven minutes with a leather belt is way over the line. If this is an example of good judgement our nation has much bigger problems than this video.

November 3, 2011 at 10:48 a.m.
  • "Turn over and take it like a grown woman"; "beat her into submission"; "lay down or I'll spank you in the (bleeeep) face"; ....I have a difficult time relating to these words being spoken, especially to young girl. Then sending the young girl out to sleep on the couch? Obviously, if she recorded it, it had happened more than once. And divorce for "mental cruelty"? The problem is obvious and lets hope the system works and he is held accountable for his actions instead of the "good 'ol boy' structure finding a way to protect the abusive and point a finger at the victim. There is no excuse for abuse! Consequences for her actions? ABSOLUTELY - turn her in for stealing, calmly remove the computer, set parameters....there are other options. But to say "Take it like a woman" as you beat the tar out of her? He's fortunate all she did was record the incident. Backwoods idiocy running our court systems....

November 3, 2011 at 10:21 a.m.
  • You have to discipline. Especially now a days. I used the belt on my kids when they were young. Drugs are drugs, lying is lying and stealing is stealing. Now they are law abiding, responsible and contributing to society adults.

November 3, 2011 at 10:12 a.m.
  • Okay, so the girl was stealing via the internet. Her Dad is a Judge. If she gets caught, he will be crucified by the media. So not only is she doing wrong, but she is putting her father's career at risk. I understand his anger! She deserves to be spanked. She knew it was coming so she put the camera on and really hammed it up! Where I think the Dad was wrong was the cursing that he used at his daughter.

November 3, 2011 at 9:51 a.m.