Comments

• In August, the Navy approved the Goliad construction project to bring it to military standards, awarding the contract to the Ross Group for $14.75 million. GULP! I can't get the image of the crumbling remains of the Ingleside military base out of my head.

November 8, 2011 at 8:23 a.m.
  • I am from Goliad and I do not agree with the commissioners court as I don't believe the Navy owes Goliad Co. anything. When monies were first offered I wanted the county to take the money and run. I am for the military using this runway for training purposes.

November 8, 2011 at 5:04 a.m.
  • BTW, The current and previous Co. Commisioners for this precinct are Democrats.

November 7, 2011 at 9:51 p.m.
  • WTH does the tea party have to do with this? There are sure alot of haters on this forum that have no idea what is going. Not everyone in Goliad agrees with the Co. Comm. and their decisions. I'm starting to believe the rumors of unscrupulous activities going on at nearby property(ies) near the airpark. Which can and would be seen during Naval flight manuevers.

November 7, 2011 at 9:05 p.m.
  • Something is wrong here. Navy gave airport to Golliad. Goliad held airport for many years without finding any use for airfield. Navy tries to buy airport back. Airport that Goliad held for years without making any use of is now very valuable. There are a lot of good people in Goliad. Too bad they weren't managing this project.

November 7, 2011 at 2:06 p.m.
  • Zero
    And a bunch of no new taxes welfare queen bashing right-wing Red County Repubs who raked in $16.7 million in evil federal farm subsidies in 1995-2010.

November 7, 2011 at 8:27 a.m.
  • Does the Navy really want this? Or what..

November 7, 2011 at 2:02 a.m.
  • ZERO.

AMEN !!! AMEN !!!! AMEN !!!

November 7, 2011 at 1:57 a.m.
  • Goliad Tea Party members shake down Navy for MORE money. I wonder if they are going to picket the open house, demand more money for their pockets, an open bar and, um, uh, smaller government and lower taxes.

Goliad is the worst: anti-military, pro-government bail out, sues government for more money, yet still barfs up Tea Party bile.

How do you people look in the mirror each morning?

November 7, 2011 at 1:40 a.m.