Monday, October 20, 2014




Advertise with us

Firefighters respond to smoldering electrical fire

By Sonny Long
Nov. 11, 2011 at 5:11 a.m.


Firefighters spent about two hours Friday morning making sure a smoldering electrical fire was completely out at a mobile home in the 1000 block of Beck Road West.

"It was time-consuming. We crawled underneath and methodically went beam by beam to make sure there would be no rekindling," said Victoria Fire Department Capt. David Pillar.

The call came in at 4:57 a.m. and firefighters were on scene until 6:49 a.m.

The Quail Creek and Raisin volunteer fire departments also responded.

"It was a very small fire. By the time we got there, the occupant of the home had already put it out," Pillar said.

Victoria County Fire Marshal Ron Pray said the fire was caused by an electrical wire that overheated and caught the insulation and wood underneath the floor of the trailer on fire.

"The resident smelled something burning and discovered smoke in the front bedroom. He then realized the trailer was on fire under the floor in the front bedroom, evacuated his wife and then went outside and began extinguishing the fire under the trailer until firefighters arrived," Pray said.

There were no injuries and no major damage, said Pillar.

SHARE

Comments


THE LATEST

Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia