Comments

• jasonbourne - please tell me where I said that you are ignorant because you do not treat your pet like a human. I also do not treat my pets as humans, I treat them like felines and canines and recognize they have certain instinctual behaviors that are unlike human behaviors.

Train my dog and cats to use the toilet? No, that's not for me. Never would I claim I treat them as human, and I am sure that is not "emotionally devastating" to them that I do not.

I don't believe the people who want to "dine with their dog" are treating their dogs as human, either. It's just a unique way to participate in a fundraiser.

For the record, I won't be participating in this fundraiser, either, as my dog is SUCH a canine that for her to sit with mixed company for a prolonged period of time would probably be too taxing for her and for me.

I am simply responding to your general attitude exhibited by your own words. Those of us who have lost pets even while trying our best to save them might think a little differently. But, I am sure you know as well as I that because they are animals, they will go when they are ready and nothing can change that.

I do agree we could have quite the discussion on ignorance. You ready?

November 15, 2011 at 4:56 p.m.
  • Strange! I don't treat my pet like a human and I'm the one that is ignorant.

My dog loves me! It's a dog, I treat it as such. No matter how many feelings, thoughts, or emotions it may have.

Please tell me you let your dog use the toilet. Heaven forbid the poor thing have to go outside and do it's business in the yard in front of all the other dogs. I can't imagine how emotionally devastated the poor animal must be.

I think we could have a long discussion on ignorance.

November 15, 2011 at 8:17 a.m.
  • Wow, Victoria is stepping up. Myself, I don't plan on going there even if I was a dog.

November 15, 2011 at 7:24 a.m.
  • This is top notch Victoria etiquette. Does not surprise me in the least.

November 14, 2011 at 1:26 p.m.
  • Jasonbourne, this is a fundraiser. Nobody is forcing you to participate. If you don't want to, fine.

But I will say that at least part of the reason Adopt-A-Pet and other pet charities need to hold such fundraisers from time to time stems from the overflow of unwanted animals, due in large part to the ignorance and lack of compassion of people like you.

I do hope that in a future, perfect world there will be no need for such organizations because each pet will have a loving, forever home with intelligent, compassionate owners who take responsibility by spaying and neutering and realizing that animals deserve love and care for a lifetime so that you, jasonbourne, will never again be offended by such fundraisers.

November 14, 2011 at 12:12 p.m.
  • While I am certain that most pets are loved by their owners, paying $75.00 to go eat with mine seems quite silly to me.

But then again, I won't pay for expensive veterinary bills either. Pet gets sick, pet goes to sleep, end of pet.

Sorry, thats the way I was raised. Pets aren't humans. not even close!!!

I say cat owners should protest this outrageous act of showing favoritism to dog owners. LOL!

November 14, 2011 at 11:12 a.m.
  • My Cat is going to file suit!

November 14, 2011 at 1:45 a.m.
  • Sounds likes whole lot of fun - and a bonus of supporting such a great program.
    In my home, our pets always join us at meal time.

November 13, 2011 at 10:21 p.m.
  • The sad fact about humans is that most are ignorant when it comes to animals. Dogs have a wide range of emotions just like we do. A dogs emotional as well as intellectual I.Q. is directly related to their keeper. Try spending some quality time with your pet and you will find that they are not some mindless conditioned robot. They enrich our lives with unconditional love regardless of the cruelty that some bestow on them. Same as children, regardless of the parent’s behavior.

November 13, 2011 at 9:03 p.m.
  • Shadow, for some reason I suspect that your motives for posting have less to do with your concerns over public health than an opportunity to take a shot at the Pump House owners. However, the event is going to be outside on the patio which is isolated from the other two dining rooms. Additionally, according to Section 229.167(p)(15)(B) of the state's food establishment rules, dogs and other live animals are not allowed in Texas food establishments if there's the opportunity for contamination of food or the tools and surfaces used to prepare it. Since the patio is separate from the food and prep areas, the event is not breaking any codes.

November 13, 2011 at 8:19 p.m.
  • Jason...Most dogs I've met are better behaved than most kids I've met. I've never seen a dog sail a spoon half-way across the dining room or pitch a fit just to see how loud he can scream.

November 13, 2011 at 6:32 p.m.
  • Doggie bouncers? Call the aspca. I dine with a dog every night, with no doggie bouncers in site.

Anyway, the pumphouse is sure getting lots of free advertising...before their even open to the public. A wedding and now a fund raiser.

November 13, 2011 at 5:44 p.m.
  • It's a fundraiser Shadow. You gonna call the cops?

And Jason, dogs are welcome at many outdoor cafes in Europe, it is a common sight to see dogs accompanying their owners.

November 13, 2011 at 4:25 p.m.
  • Does any one wonder why other countries think Americans are crazy?

Dine with your Dog??? Have you people lost your mind? It's a dog!

November 13, 2011 at 4:02 p.m.
  • The owners of the Pumphouse Restaurant might want to read Section 229.167(p)(15)(B) of the state's food establishment rules.

November 13, 2011 at 3:53 p.m.