Comments

• Pass tough ordinances for the town to clean up their neighborhoods! RV's are not as big an eyesore as the dirty neighborhoods I've seen get worse with the years - Mansions near downtown with trailer homes next door is a shame - pass tough ordiance laws - develop a committee to tour the town and I'm sure they'll agree with what I've said -

November 17, 2011 at 11:45 a.m.
  • How much $$$ will it cost to become a "approved" park? Will you need a permit to run one? I noticed there are a lot of independants with just a few lots soakin up the roughnecks.

November 15, 2011 at 12:33 p.m.
  • Can we say "Zoning"?????

November 15, 2011 at 11:43 a.m.
  • I am here for work from San Antonio and I have to thank the City of Victoria for its hospitality. I live in a RV outside of my aunt and uncle's home and I considered an apartment. I already have my own home. Also, the apartments and hotels are not worth the money because of my job. I work out in the oil fields now so I come back pretty late. I'm glad the limit is fourty-eight hours because I really don't spend too much time there, in the RV. Thanks a lot, Victoria!

November 15, 2011 at 10 a.m.
  • Sunshine. Well put. Our city council, "show me the money"

November 14, 2011 at 8:13 p.m.
  • The Inez rest area is off of US Highway 87?

November 14, 2011 at 4:12 p.m.
  • Someone with some clout at city hall complained or someone on the council has a neighbor or a friend who has a neighbor who parks their RV next door so they want to establish an ordinance lol.

Small town politics.

November 14, 2011 at 1:53 p.m.

November 14, 2011 at 1:35 p.m.

November 14, 2011 at 1:31 p.m.
  • Had a brain toot! Is there anyone on the City Council that has intrerest in any local RV parks?

November 14, 2011 at 1:27 p.m.
  • It sounds as though there are some folks that are clueless regarding RV travel. "Proper RV Park" is the only place they should be kept? Really? These are self contained, mobil homes with a drive train. They can go anywhere to spend thier travel money and living expenses.

November 14, 2011 at 1:25 p.m.
  • Keep your RV in a proper RV park and there won't be an issue ?

I'm going to guess if an RV is parked in the street for more than 2 days there are issues with sewage and such.

November 14, 2011 at 1:07 p.m.
  • You can bet the enforcement of such an ordinance will be as arbitrary as the decision to pass it. Whose brain child is this anyway?

November 14, 2011 at 1:06 p.m.
  • What about the people who come into town for the holidays and stay in their RV in front of relatives homes? These people are going to be subject to a fine for coming to Victoria?

This is another ridiculous ordinance that someone in the city is trying to use to deal with what is probably an isolated incident somewhere.

This reminds me of the ordinance they tried to sneak through months ago making it illegal for a retail establishment to display product outside their building. The "official" notes to the council said something about mattresses but the proposed ordinance was all inclusive of anything for sell that is located outside of the building. Fortunately this one was caught and myself and several others opposed it at the council meeting before it had a chance to be voted on.

Everyone needs to keep their eyes open to what local government is trying to do. Some elected officials continue to be more focused on "legacy building" then doing what is in the best interest of the citizens at large. I can't make it to the meeting tomorrow but I hope someone shows up to oppose another attempt to control what private citizens do with their private property.

November 14, 2011 at 12:54 p.m.
  • They live in their RV because it all they can afford probably. Now you want to fine them for not being able to live a regular house. If that's the case, fine the people who live in old run down mobile homes too. Victoria must need extra money to pay a debt.

November 14, 2011 at 11:33 a.m.
  • Thanks Vet43, I needed the chuckle this morning.

November 14, 2011 at 11:25 a.m.
  • OK. Thank you City Council. It is about time someone did something about these rogue RV gangs terrorizing our quiet little town. Next they need to shut down those wild alumimum walkers in the mall or HEB's. I have nearly been run down by a little Lady with blue hair and polyester suit. Oh, the humanity!

November 14, 2011 at 11:10 a.m.
  • Good morning SugarMagnolia,

Nope, it wasn't the coffee. We are currently working on a redesign for the home page. Unfortunately, we still have some kinks to work out.

Thanks for your patience.

Sincerely,

Jessica Puente
    Interactivity editor
    jpuente@vicad.com
    361-574-6311

November 14, 2011 at 11:05 a.m.
  • Um....okay, I KNOW I had coffee this morning, but I could have sworn early a.m. that the VicAd looked a lot different, now it is back to normal.....whatever that may be.

Hmmmmm.....what was IN that coffee, anyway?????

November 14, 2011 at 9:35 a.m.
  • Well, well, well. Appears someone one has got a stiffy on the living practice of others. There goes the neighborhood.

November 14, 2011 at 7:24 a.m.
  • Oooookaaayyy....So, I know this is out of place here, but VicAd - HELP! I can't access any "latest comments" on this revamped website. When I go under articles and click "more comments" it keeps pulling up the blog page. Could we have an easy link to "latest" or "all" comments? I am not interested in the link termed "popular".

But I will say, I do like the cleaner, more professional look of the home page. So far, so good. Just need an easy way to access all comments, like with the last web incarnation!

November 14, 2011 at 6:58 a.m.
  • What a plan ...
    Let's spend money to 'encourage tourism' and make it tough on RV owners all in the same meeting!

November 14, 2011 at 6:40 a.m.