Home » Traffic Tip: Turning at intersections » Unverified Comments

Comments

• How important is it to do the right thing? I guess it all depends on what you consider "right". It is much like your integrity. There is no "sort of", "kinda", or "close enough". You either have it all the time or not at all. Simple.

November 25, 2011 at 12:01 p.m.
  • I agree there are rules/regulations in force that do not have good meaning or use in certain circumstances.
    To maintain driving privileges requires following some fairly simple rules.

Human error has caused many adversities. Almost always it is because someone elected not to follow rules or procedures, almost always a small normally unimportant one

Why I fly, I use a checklist (same as all pilots) 90% does not even apply to the current maneuver- it would be that one time I didn't......

November 25, 2011 at 7:20 a.m.
  • Yeah Debunker, the truly heinous crime of not using a blinker when there is no other traffic in sight can easily be compared to theft or assault. LOL!

Have you ever driven even "1" mile per hour over a speed limit? If so, I guess we're both guilty of being law breakers.

Welcome to Club Idgit Debunker. Name calling... classy stuff there Debunker.

November 24, 2011 at 9:15 p.m.
  • jasonbourne said: "I know the rules and follow them when I want to."
    When you want to.

Tell me jason... since when is obeying the law optional. when is it "only when you feel like it?"

Next time you are a crime victim, keep that in mind.
    That guy who stole from you or assaulted you or someone you love.. Hey.. He knew that law and he chose to follow it "when he felt like it"
    no harm no foul right?

Idjit!

November 24, 2011 at 6:34 p.m.
  • If I break the law and no one is around to see me do it then I really did not break the law. It never happened and I will swear on a stack of law books that this is the truth.

And I am available for jury duty, if the price is right!

November 23, 2011 at 10:47 a.m.
  • Well, just because someone says so doesn't make it right. I always signal "when there is someone to signal to".

Driving is not an honor, it is a pain in the arse. Especially with all the nincompoops that become task saturated by simply breathing. Just take a look around the next time you are at a stop light. At least half the people around you are barely capable of writing their own name. Heaven forbid they be required to make calculated decisions about speed, distance, and turn the wheel of a vehicle at the same time.

Blinkers??? No one around, no need to signal. Lets call it jasons law. LOL!!!

November 23, 2011 at 8:22 a.m.
  • Why signal? Because it is a law and you are required to signal. Simple as that. No matter what time of day or night use your turn signal. Driving is an honor not a right. If you can't obey the law you should not be able to drive. Period!

To VPD- tell your officers that they are required to use their signals also. They are bound by the road laws like everyone else. Just because they have a badge on does not mean they are immune to the road laws.

November 23, 2011 at 7:23 a.m.
  • It is dumbfounding how many drivers do not signal even when required. Some don't even signal when turning! Probably because they may have to get off thier cell phone.

Two reasons for not signaling:
    1. Too lazy.
    2. Prove that TDL's are given to people that should not be driving.

November 22, 2011 at 10:10 a.m.
  • It's just one of those silly little pet peaves I have. Why signal if there is no one around to see it?

I've been pulled over recently for not signaling at 4:00am and the cop was very nice and let me off with a warning. He knew there was nothing happening out there. Heck, you folks should watch a paper delivery vehicle in the morning. Those folks are doing all kinds of neat stuff. The cops don't ever bother them because the cops are smart enough to know whats going on.

Don't worry, if I get a ticket for doing something wrong, I won't be whining. I know the rules and follow them when I want to. I hope you do the same.

November 22, 2011 at 8:26 a.m.
  • Over here cops like to hide.

November 22, 2011 at 12:56 a.m.

November 21, 2011 at 11:48 p.m.
  • All this about not signaling if there are no other cars around to see it...

Go ahead. you'll get away with it if there are no other cars around but don't whine when you do get a ticket because clearly if the cop saw you NOT signal.... there WAS a car around. A Cop Car.

November 21, 2011 at 6:40 p.m.
  • So what does not signaling save a person? A little bulb life? A little battery voltage? Or all the effort it takes to move your left hand 3" away from the steering wheel?

November 21, 2011 at 6:33 p.m.
  • I "know" there are no other vehicles out there. As far as the pedestrians, I'll be using hand signals.

November 21, 2011 at 5:42 p.m.
  • The rule (545.104) states to use turn signals when turning, lane changing, or start from a parked position.
    It doesn't mention if it's early in the morning or if the operator thinks there are no other vehicles around.

There could be a pedestrian attempting to cross at an intersection and if he sees a signal will wait, or if he doesn't see a signal may step off in front of the car not knowing it is turning and the driver is not obeying the rules.

November 21, 2011 at 3:39 p.m.

November 21, 2011 at 3:26 p.m.

November 21, 2011 at 3:22 p.m.
  • flyer74,
    Are you the kind of person that needs to read the owners manual again if you don't drive for a couple of weeks?

Thats the biggest load of C_ _ P I've ever heard.

I drive a lot at 4 in the morning and rarely if ever signal when I am alone on the road. I guess I have special habit keeping skills as I remember to do it when traffic is around.

I'm with Zero on this one. Why signal if no one is going to see it?

I'll probably start using hand signals to keep up the good habits in case my blinkers fail.

November 21, 2011 at 9:20 a.m.
  • Hey Zero, you signal if there are no cars anyway, that way you get into the habit of signaling when there is traffic, if you don't signal you'll get into the habit of not signaling when there is traffic.

November 21, 2011 at 7:36 a.m.
  • Why do I have to signal a lane change if there aren't any other vehicles on the road? My assumption is that the signal is to warn other drivers but if there arena't any there isn't a need.

November 20, 2011 at 11:30 p.m.