Friday, July 03, 2015

Advertise with us

Clothes dryer catches fire in Quail Creek home

By ErinPradia
Nov. 22, 2011 at 5:22 a.m.

The Burkhart family watches the Quail Creek Volunteer Fire Department extinguish a fire at their home at 709 Duck St. on Tuesday. A clothes dryer caught fire and was removed from the house.

A clothes dryer caught fire, sending smoke into a home at 709 Duck St. in the Quail Creek subdivision around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday.

The family of five was in the house and noticed the lights were flickering, so they decided to check it out. They went to the utility room and found it full of smoke, said Terry Burkhart, the family's mother.

The family left the house and called the fire department.

While waiting for the fire department to arrive, a neighbor turned off the electricity to the house, Burkhart said.

The dryer was removed from the house and the fire was extinguished by the Quail Creek Volunteer Fire Department, the Raisin Volunteer Fire Department and the Victoria Fire Department.

The fire was mostly contained to the dryer, but there was smoke damage throughout the house, said Quail Creek Volunteer Fire Chief Ron Kramer.

The family is expected to stay at the home tonight.



Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia