Could you pass 10th-grade science?
Oct. 8, 2011 at 5:08 a.m.
The following questions were adapted from a 2006, 10th-grade science TAKS test.
1. A driver traveled 270 km in three hours. The driver's destination was still 150 km away. What was the driver's average speed at this point?
2. Rust (Fe2O3) forms on an iron (Fe) pipe after prolonged exposure to humid air. What type of change does this illustrate?
3. Hemoglobin carries oxygen to body cells. Which body system contains hemoglobin?
4. Some mesquite trees have deeper roots than any other plant in the desert. How are deep roots an adaptation for survival in the desert?
1. 90 km/h
4. Roots can extend great distances to reach water.