Comments

• BSspotter, I saw that too. I think a better phrase would be "No charge for admission." I think "free" gives the idea that nobody is paying for it when it is really HOT Tax. The next question would be, "Are there groups or assocations that are more appropriate for an event like this?" I admit that would be a good discussion to have. I am wearing my boots for my great city.

October 21, 2011 at 10:45 a.m.
  • Breaking News!!!!! Rumor has it the DA said there will be no alcohol allowed at the bootfest. Instead they will hand out bibles and sing Kum ba ya till the sun comes up.

October 20, 2011 at 2:42 p.m.
  • hey if they make 1.5 million dollars in increased revenue, then cool. If not, then we just wasted taxpayer dollars. Im sure it will not come from hotels....they are pretty much booked.

October 20, 2011 at 2:10 p.m.
  • legion, unlike you I will bet that there will be citizens that attend and spend money that they normally wouldn't. There are people that don't go out every weekend that will attend and those that do that will spend more than they usually do.

October 19, 2011 at 9:35 p.m.
  • Lordy! There isn't much that goes on in Victoria and now there is something new that might be fun if you try it. Why do you people have to be so negative about it. If it's not your cup of tea, then don't go ... I don't go to 'head banging' stuff 'cause I don't like it. If you don't like the city, then get out.

October 19, 2011 at 8:30 p.m.
  • don't knock the Bootfest! just go enjoy the festivities and don't worry about the other stuff!

October 19, 2011 at 7:31 p.m.
  • "The Communications Assistant said she hopes the festival brings out-of-town guests as well..."

I sure hope so. If not there will be a zero economic impact on the cities coffers.

All that will happen is the places that the local people go to will see a decline in business equal to the sales of the vendors at the Fest.

And pray tell where are the out of town visitors going to spend the night? How much is the HOT tax really going to increase if hotel/motel rooms are already scarce?

October 19, 2011 at 6 p.m.
  • I know the block party that is happening the same weekend "in conjunction" is at least diversifying the lineup. Too bad the powers that be did not see that Victoria is not an all country scene. There is a pretty strong rock scene here. Oh yeah this is bootfest...we all wear boots.

October 19, 2011 at 5:24 p.m.
  • "She's as free as the blue bonnets in the summer."??????

Wow. I've never seen bluebonnets in the summer.

Just sayin'......

October 19, 2011 at 5:07 p.m.
  • It's free? Then who's paying for it?

October 19, 2011 at 1:08 p.m.
  • The Communications Assistant said she hopes the festival brings out-of-town guests as well...
    Excuse me...I thought this is why this event was being held...to bring tourist attractions to Victoria...
    I wished a local band like "Gone Country" could have been one of the featured attractions.

October 19, 2011 at 1:01 p.m.