Comments

• Something similar to this story happened in Port Lavaca this year, a firearms safe full of over a dozen expensive rifles were stolen. The safe was dropped into the hole made when the flooring was removed and dragged from out under the house. The workers were the only ones with access to the locked house.
    I appreciate the comment by trixie50, I will follow her suggestion about tiny cameras.

October 23, 2011 at 12:59 p.m.
  • this also happened to my in laws. They had carpet installed. They were home watching them. Then they went to hallway and had to close door between kitchen in bedroom. When they left my mother in law noticed her jewelry and her husbands had been messed with and some items gone. She went to carpet place and all they could say is "it was not rolled up in carpet we pulled out". Well 2 months later the sheriff found some of her jewelry in Rosenberg at a pawn shop and the rest had been melted down. I then went back to carpet store and confronted owner.

October 21, 2011 at 2:09 p.m.
  • Get a few tiny cameras to watch the workers in your home, works everytime for catching the theives.. I have them but my situation was different, thought I was out with friends playing cards and found out their family were theives , came back to Our home late one nite.. change we had saved for years was gone , looked at the film and bold and behold who was it?? One of their family members. Never again was I friends with that family! We felt that I guess they were that poor they needed our change bucket. Everyone needs to have camera's in their homes these days.

October 20, 2011 at 10:54 p.m.
  • Well the Advocate did not like what I posted as it has been deleted. Truth hurts.

October 20, 2011 at 2:34 p.m.
  • What really is the pits, is when you live in an apartment where everyone employed there has the master key. Then when something goes missing, the manager won't give up any names to police (ones you know were in your apt) because that 'might' seem as though you are accusing those employees. My mother had a 2 carat ring stolen in this fashion. Everyone needs to be careful 100% of the time. How sad is this day and age we live in. Remember when you could go somewhere and leave your car unlocked with the windows down and things inside?

October 20, 2011 at 12:03 p.m.

October 20, 2011 at 10:38 a.m.
  • What:

My story is not about CRT.....it was another business in Victoria...

October 20, 2011 at 9:53 a.m.

October 20, 2011 at 9:51 a.m.
  • I knew the dangers of workers so stayed with them when I had counters replaced. I was distracted to the outside and knew the moment I re-entered the house that something had happened. I looked around quickly but did not notice anything missing. After they left I discovered the cash in my wallet was missing.

The owners of the company were not honest either. A trick they used is to give the client one set of measurements (in my case about 5 inches too much on all sides) then send the correct measurements to the company that manufactures the counters. I won't go into details but I discovered this due to carelessness of the "cover-up" and the company reimbursed me with no discussion of the actual dishonesty when I brought it up. In my case it was hundreds of dollars.....

October 20, 2011 at 9:43 a.m.