Comments

• Why not consider bringing the Armadillo festival back downtown???????

November 3, 2011 at 6:21 p.m.
  • Riverboat- I was looking at the photo with the ice cream cone in the food venders isle. I later noticed that it was taken early Friday morning. I went Saturday night and I suspect there were about 3,000 + people there. It was an orderly event. The only bad thing about Bootfest was the parking! Need to try the park next year. It is a better place to have a festival. Better parking and more room to move around.

October 26, 2011 at 5:19 a.m.
  • Yeeeeee haw!

October 22, 2011 at 7:58 p.m.
  • it's not an official event till Bro. Gary Moses endorses it.

October 22, 2011 at 4 p.m.
  • Yes, Turkeyfest was $10.00 per person gate fee. Bootfest was free & why we went.

I stayed till about 10 minutes till closing and it was pretty crowded but not 10,000.

October 22, 2011 at 3:38 p.m.
  • a $10 entry fee for turkeyfest is outrageous

October 22, 2011 at 3:11 p.m.
  • Turkeyfest charged $10.....Yorktown was free

October 22, 2011 at 2:15 p.m.
  • I would love to see some people strolling through the Sheriff's department open house holding a beer.

October 22, 2011 at 1:03 p.m.
  • I was there last night. It was really a lot of fun. I have no doubt that there were several thousand people there, everyone seemed to be having a good time. After Wade Bowen played (which was excellent) they set off a few fire works. Should be a great show tonite.....both music and fireworks.

I did not realize how many sponsors they had. Judging from all the banners, a bunch of the cost was underwritten by several local businesses. Between the sponsors and beer sales, I bet they cover their costs.

October 22, 2011 at 12:58 p.m.
  • rebrand it as the 'Victoria Downtown Festival'

October 22, 2011 at 11:57 a.m.
  • Can anyone who was there in the later hours last night post a crowd estimate ?

They were expecting anywhere from 10 - 20 thousand but the photo and accompanying article only alludes to a few hundred with an increase expected later. And yes I know the 20 thousand estimate includes both days of the event.

No intention of bashing the festival. It is what it is. Just curious if it is paying off as expected. I would imagine it is free this year due to it being the first time they have put this on. Next year I think they will charge some kind of fee to get in. They have to try and cover their costs not only for the fireworks but the extra security during and the clean up afterward.

October 22, 2011 at 11:54 a.m.
  • mzmizer I heard that turkeyfest was $15 to enter, is that true ?

October 22, 2011 at 10:21 a.m.
  • So, revenue is expected from beer and liquor sales. The sheriff's department has an open house. I think I'd be doing the open house first.

October 22, 2011 at 8:33 a.m.
  • We went last night not knowing what to expect and I must say, it was quite nice. The crowds were young and old, couples, family and kids. The food booths, vendors booths, everything was laid out nicely.
    Compared to Turkeyfest that we went to, Bootfest hit the nail on the head, so far. Bootfest was free unlike Turkeyfest.

October 22, 2011 at 6:32 a.m.
  • From the photo it does not look like that many people came to the festival.

October 22, 2011 at 4:39 a.m.
  • Sounds like it's going great so far! Yea!! Wish I could have been in town for it. Maybe next year.

October 21, 2011 at 9:22 p.m.