Home » Fireworks wrap up the Bootfest » Unverified Comments

Comments

• re: my comments are just what they were...comments. the festival, again in my opinion, was very well-run for a 1st-time event. i know the crowd numbers were not as expected & hopefully, after the expenses of the entertainment, fireworks, public safety wages, materials, etc...there was enough of a profit margin to continue & build upon in the upcoming years...sans diversity, of course.

October 27, 2011 at 3:27 p.m.
  • hey dutch, I would call that kind of thinking narrow. Just because someone is black doesn't mean they like Jazz/Blues. Just because someone is Hispanic doesn't mean they like Tejano. Just because someone likes Texas music doesn't mean they are white. I was there and saw a great mix of cultures.

By the way, we have a Jazz festival and a few Hispanic/Mexican cultural events in town. I would love to see some Blues.

Great time had by all. From what I heard there weren't any issues involving the police or drunken idiots.

October 26, 2011 at 8:32 a.m.
  • It wasn't Jazz-fest, Tejano-fest, or Blues-fest. Enjoy a free event and don't whine about what is provided.

October 26, 2011 at 7:34 a.m.
  • u knew someone would mention it, so i will do the honors: the music was good but one-dimensional. its called 'bootfest', well, hispanics & blacks wear boots, too. throw in a tejano band & a jazz/blues band to reach additional cultures of this town's population. the numbers are significant enough in victoria to have a voice...or choice.

October 24, 2011 at 1:45 p.m.
  • I went, I saw, I liked & enjoyed! Two nights in a row.

October 23, 2011 at 1:45 p.m.
  • Happy to hear is was a good experience and positive feedback. There was so many negative comment post on previous articles about the Bootfest. Possibly I can make it to Victoria for it next year.

October 23, 2011 at 12:22 p.m.
  • Excellent fireworks show. Regardless of all the negatives, you have to admit this was a job well done. Again needed to have some local bands.

October 23, 2011 at 10:48 a.m.
  • Great job! I was slightly skeptical when Bootfest was first announced but really enjoyed last night. I thought Josh Abbott put on a great show. He is a fresh face and fit the demographics well. The lay out was well organized my only suggested improvement would be with the beverage tents. Enjoyed having the crowd (with chairs allowed) spread out on the plaza. That's something the other "fest" would have a hard time matching. The fireworks were outstanding. Still have a crick in my neck lol. Couldn't believe they went on that long! You set the mark high....waiting to see how you follow up next year.

October 23, 2011 at 8:34 a.m.
  • Bands were great;firework show was great too! Good job Victoria :)

October 23, 2011 at 7:05 a.m.
  • Wow, 11,000? Officials estimate.

October 23, 2011 at 6:58 a.m.
  • If they spent 1.5 million on the bootfest why not hire a national act like Restless Heart, Diamond Rio, Tracy Byrd, etc. for the musical event, instead of some unknown band from somewhere else than Victoria. It needed to have some local bands like Rhythm of the Road or another local showband. The older country bands are taking a lot less money to play at shows like Bootfest. Just a thought.

October 23, 2011 at 4:44 a.m.