Comments

• If it is a true donation for facility improvement as part of the non-profit...then no longer friends property. If it was being loaned to the city/stadium...then yeah it was still fov property. As a taxpayer whose money will be used to pay for replacement equipment I want to make sure items that were truly donated were not removed.

October 26, 2011 at 4:14 p.m.
  • "the team could reap the full profits from the concession stand" I believe the city is charging a fee for the use of the concession stand so "reaping full profits" will not happen.

I'm not sure but if the equipment belongs to Friends as donation or whatever, would it not belong to them until Friends is disolved.

October 26, 2011 at 12:41 p.m.
  • If the equipment was given or purchased with funds given to Friends as a non-profit to maintain Riverside, it likely has to stay at the stadium.

If it was removed by the Friends of Baseball they could be breaking the law.

Similar to how the president of a booster club can't take equipment purchased for a football team when he is no longer president.

If it was removed, why was that allowed?

October 26, 2011 at 11:32 a.m.
  • I too am curious on the next level. As far as the equipment, I remember seeing on a KAVU story things being removed. It would be curious to find out what all was removed?

October 26, 2011 at 11:16 a.m.
  • I'm also curious about ure's plan for the 'next level', please expand on this.

October 26, 2011 at 11:12 a.m.
  • "Ure added that the cancellation was a business decision to bring the stadium to the next level."

Please share. I am very interested to hear the plan Ure has to bring the stadium to the "Next Level".

Advocate can you please run a story on the future plans the City apprently has to hopefully improve and take Riverside Stadium to the "Next Level". This is exciting news Ure has shared.

October 26, 2011 at 9:49 a.m.
  • "What UHV will sell at the concession stand will depend on what equipment the city puts into the stand, said Ashley Wayuchow, athletic director. It was his understanding that the city would furnish the stand with equipment".

What happened to the equipment that was being used prior to the agreement being dissolved?

October 26, 2011 at 9:47 a.m.