Comments

• The hydraulic fracturing that was the subject of Gasland is being done in shallow gas zones whereas the Eagle Ford shale is 12,000 ft. deep. The strata in Colorado and Pennsylvania are very different from here. These wells have multiple strings of casing cemented to protect the aquifers. In Colorado many of those gas wells were drilled cheaply and ony had two strings of casing which did not protect shallow aquifers.

November 5, 2011 at 9:36 p.m.
  • Moving to the Cuero from Busy Austin, It took me a while to get used to the slow pace life, I think I finally got used to it cause, sometimes it seems like a long drive to walmart...
    ...All of a sudden BOOM! eighteen wheelers everywheres, take notice people and warn your children of the dangers in traffic.

October 31, 2011 at 1:53 p.m.
  • Well, legion357 I never said I had a solution to the problems we face. I just feel people need to be aware of whats going on in their backyard as well as understand the role they play in contributing to the bigger picture. Being aware of the issues we face makes us more liable in our daily lives in how we use these energies and then we can turn around and hopefully educate others in making more economical, environmental as well as social changes that can benefit everyone, not just a few at the top.

October 30, 2011 at 6:10 p.m.
  • Well aypzine, I guess we could build more nuclear plants, nope can't do that either, more solar and wind power, yeah that's it, but wait, to generate the same amount of electricity to power the all electric cars and our nice AC and heat for every house, every single acre of land would have to have wind turbines or solar panels on it.

October 30, 2011 at 5:46 p.m.
  • Everyone that things fracking is the best for any community go watch the documentary "GasLand" which came out last year. Documentary deals with communities around the US that have had issues dealing with contaminated water wells, impacts to public health and other issues. This documentary talks about the process companies use to release gas, including using known carcinogens that can stay in the ground and seep into the water table as well as other problems that come up. Other documentaries that deal with the problems dealing with gas and oil companies that only car about one thing...money are "H2Oil", "Gas Hole", "Fracking Hell", "Crude" and others. But hey, if short term money consumes your love, then go for it. Just wait for the long term effects that may consume your family and friends. Wake up Call. If you want a copy of "Gasland" email me at ayppub@yahoo.com

October 30, 2011 at 5:14 p.m.
  • Rosemary: I live here in Cuero and haven't noticed any difference in our water.

October 30, 2011 at 9:49 a.m.
  • How's the water? Any changes in quality? I'd like to hear from any DeWitt county residents.

October 30, 2011 at 9:12 a.m.