Could you pass the biology STAAR test?
The following questions were adapted from questions released by the Texas Education Agency for the biology end-of-course STAAR exam.
1. Like complex carbohydrates, proteins are biomolecules that serve many functions and can be chemically broken down and restructured. Both proteins and complex carbohydrates are what?
2. When is a mutation least likely to affect a cell?
3. Methanogens, thermophiles, and halophiles are some of the most primitive life-forms found on Earth and thrive in very harsh environments. These unicellular, prokaryotic organisms most likely belong to what kingdom?
1. Polymers of smaller subunits
2. When it produces a triplet that codes for the same amino acid as the original triplet