Comments

• I think Cactus was falsely Accused & if you cant control yourself in public stay home!! I was a former employee of 2 years & was bi--- I never was mistreated, but I carried myself with respect.. I left what happens in the bedroom @ home.. The only comment they ever made towards me is aye its your life whatever makes you happy is what I got.. & If they had been so against it dont you think I would have been fired???? I say its sad how you make all other gays look No Respect!!!

September 25, 2011 at 2:26 p.m.
  • There is no doubt that Gary is the REAL Christian here - much as are the literal flock of good people in Westboro...

September 15, 2011 at 9:45 p.m.
  • Gary

Get off your high horse.

September 15, 2011 at 7:57 p.m.
  • Trixie 50

You said; I am a REAL Christian, I don't discriminate. Then you said;

If you dont want religion why are you telling us you are a Christian? You said you dont descriminate but then tell us that you do descriminate against people like me. Kind of tricky, maybe thats why you call yourself Trixie.

September 15, 2011 at 7:54 p.m.
  • A friend of mine went to Cactus last weekend and they wouldn't let him in because he had a small tattoo behind his ear. Really? You can't even see it. He just happens to be gay...coincedance? I think not considering all the other trash they let in the that bar. Sounds like they were just looking for a reason to not let him in.

Cactus needs to stop acting like they're a 5 star bar. It really makes me laugh. I won't step foot into that trashy place.

September 15, 2011 at 11:23 a.m.

September 15, 2011 at 2:32 a.m.
  • It's Posts like these that make me Know I moved into a Crazy place with Crazy people and their ideas.. People are People get over it! Gay people are people too! Stop putting Religion in everything you seem to say or do! Your the type of people I taught my kids to Stay away from. Pedifiliers love to use religion!

September 14, 2011 at 11:05 p.m.
  • Your preacher has a lot to answer for, Gary.

September 10, 2011 at 11:41 p.m.
  • Ro 1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, GOD GAVE THEM OVER to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Cameron at the cactus club? no doubt that was before you became a Christian? Or maybe you were there as a witness for the Lord?

September 10, 2011 at 11:02 p.m.
  • Thank you Mr. Williams.

September 10, 2011 at 10:02 p.m.
  • Gary.

The Lord can speak for himself. Second, Edith didn’t even mention science? Third, people have a choice to make decisions, not the devil. Any person who claims that the devil is making their bad decisions is a fool and a lair. Where in the Bible, did God gave up on man? He never did, if he did Jesus would have never walked the Earth. Edith Ann is right; you are sounding more and more like that nutjob Kenneth Schustereit. Just because I am disagreeing with you Gary White, doesn’t mean I agree with or approve homosexuality.

Mr. Williams.

September 10, 2011 at 7:19 p.m.
  • EA, years ago, we had a new secretary working for us, 24 or so, recently divorced with one child. She went to some church in town and talked to the Pastor/Minister/Priest about how hard her life had become.

Whoever he was prayed with her, then declared that her body was invaded by 11 (eleven) evil spirits, that person suggested that to be rid of the spirits, she had to have extensive healing.

She should quit her job, move in with him and his wife and her spirit would be cleansed.

She did, and she has never been heard from again.

September 10, 2011 at 4:43 p.m.
  • My bad, Legion! You are correct--he did say they were possessed. He said it on this thread.

Sorry about getting that wrong!

September 10, 2011 at 4:32 p.m.
  • You know, like the Flip Wilson Geraldine character use to say...

"The devil made me do it!"

September 10, 2011 at 4:23 p.m.
  • I thought Gary said they were possessed by evil spirits, that what he said on Jareds blog anyway.

September 10, 2011 at 4:21 p.m.
  • Probably the biggest disservice Gary is doing is his insistance that anyone who sins, anyone who makes a bad choice, is mentally ill.

September 10, 2011 at 4:17 p.m.
  • I don't think lesbians kissing and holding hands in that bar is even the worst thing going on in there. You're not exactly among saints when you're at Cactus Canyon. I'm pretty sure there were worse examples of "immorality" (if that's what you think homosexuality is) going on in the bar that night that had nothing to do with lesbians. Unless we're to believe the worst thing people do when they go there is drink alcohol, which I think most would agree is underestimating by Victoria standards. I've been to Cactus before and I know some of the people that frequent the place and let me just say that homosexuality is not the worst thing that goes on in that place on a nightly basis. You might want to consider the people that are out cheating, either while at the bar or as soon as they leave (because some of them don't go home to bake cookies). Singling out lesbians in that place is like a band-aid for a bullet wound.

September 10, 2011 at 4 p.m.
  • I was going to say that Gary had gone off topic and brought up the pedophilia. Edith had tried to meet him there with some facts, not opinions from a radio talk show - maybe opinions from the professional side - some legal definitions. I was enjoying that part of the conversation. I'm curious about how abuse causes a person's brain to become so wrongly wired that it could misfire so terribly... I'm curious about the science-side. It reminds us how important childhood is. That an abuser could be formed THERE.

September 10, 2011 at 4 p.m.

September 10, 2011 at 3:50 p.m.
  • So, Gary, if this article was about a couple of lesbians, why did you mention pedophiles?

And, for everyone's enlightenment, please tell me where I am wrong about pedophiles and sex offenders.

"Maybe you are not as advanced as you think you are & I am not as dumb as I thought as was. Did I say that write, oh anyway have a good one." <---that made me laugh!

September 10, 2011 at 3:46 p.m.
  • Edithann

You want to take religion out so do I. I do not necessarily equate religion with God. You want to include your god of science & intellectual reasoning & I want the Lord to have His say to. So lets try to be more polite to one another. This article was written because some lesbians were grouping & kissing each other in a public place, these actions further demonstrate there hostile, disrespect & disregard for others & common decency.

You claim you have a great wealth of information, & yet with all that you still cant seem to discern a simple as that being wrong??

September 10, 2011 at 3:27 p.m.
  • cameronj17--

I'd like to take religion out of the equation altogether, but Gary won't allow that. Gary regurgitates what his faith leaders (who, at best may have a degree in theology or Bible, at worst, don't) tell him. He is not at all interested in any kind of information from any source that that is not sanctioned by one of those leaders.

Anyone who does not completely embrace Gary's view (and Gary is so narrow minded, he could look through a keyhole with both eyes) LOVES homosexuals. Did you know that? True fact.

Gary is an extreme example of a person with limited knowledge on a subject trying to dominate the topic. I am amazed that he even reads the Advocate. As far as I know, the Advocate is not sanctioned or endorsed by any religion, certainly not the Pentecostals.

Remember Kenneth Schustereit? Gary is the new Kenneth.

September 10, 2011 at 3:08 p.m.
  • Personally I always find the comparisons between homosexuality and pedophilia to be pointless. There is clearly a very big difference between two consenting adults choosing to have sex with one another and an adult having sex with a child who is too young to give that kind of consent. It's not a very good argument. People like to say that if we let gays practice their "disorder", then we're opening up a floodgate to allow any kind of sexual perversion. No, the difference between homosexual acts and things like pedophilia is and always will be consent. Unless they're fornicating on your front lawn, it's none of your business because no crime is being committed on another individual. In my opinion, the only ones they're harming are themselves by further separating themselves from God. I don't believe that all homosexuals go to hell because the Bible says we are all sinners and there is nothing we can do about that, but one can strive to resist acting out on their sinful desires and live in Christ, which to me is just as good as any sinner trying their best to live the way He wants us to. Everyone is going to fall back into sin once in a while or slip up, but it's how hard you try to that matters. No one can ever not sin again. In my opinion, the only people being hurt by homosexual acts are the homosexuals themselves who are further separating themselves from God, but keep in mind I hold this in no higher regard than a thief that continues to steal, an adulterer that continues to cheat, or a drunkard that continues drinking--all are struggling with sin, only some are actively trying to resist while others put up no fight at all.

September 10, 2011 at 2:55 p.m.
  • Edith

You probably have some points, my point is that these people that are sex feigns, control freaks etc are devil pocessed. Medicens & counciling will have little or know effect. But one of the biggest problems here is when so called normal people have bought into the idea that perverted life styles are ok, & even are so completly given over to this evil that they feel no shame in condemning all those of us that Love the Lord & our fellow man enough to warn them of there rebellion.

Thanks GW

September 10, 2011 at 2:48 p.m.
  • Gary, I do not intend to share anything with you that says homosexuals are wonderful. I am willing to share information with you that explains the difference between a pedophile and general variety sex offender. There is a difference. It has nothing to do with gender preference (in other words, it has nothing to do with heterosexuals or homosexuals.)

Do you work in the mental health field, Gary? Do you work in the sexual assault field? Do you really believe rape and sexual abuse are about sex? Sex is the weapon, not the goal.

PLEASE don't make assumptions, Gary! However, if you'd like to look at some bona fide statistics and information about the sexual abuse of children and the sexual assault of adults, I'll be happy to point you to legitimate works.

September 10, 2011 at 2:33 p.m.

September 10, 2011 at 2:31 p.m.
  • Some advocate greater care when it comes to being vigilant for Islamic radicals. It would be prudent to watch with a laser focus the less brutal but equally blind extremists present here.

September 10, 2011 at 2:14 p.m.
  • Edithann

Any sex with any children for any reason is a sure sign of a mental disorder. We in our modern advanced society have a way of REARRANGING definitions of perversions, we have learned how to refrase sin so that it sounds more reasonable, more acceptable. I am still waiting for a copy of the news sources that I quoted. PLEASE wait a little longer before you can share your sources with me that might help me to understand how wonderful homosexuals are.

Cameron

When God gives up on a man or women he turns them over to life of uncleanes, to abuse themselves with there own kind etc. There are times when a person can get delivered from this perversion but its rare. I am certainly willing to work with you on reaching these individuals who may be traped into a life of sodomy & would like to be set free.

As to who is going to heaven, thats up to the Lord but I feel true love is expressed when we as Christians speak the truth in love & try to encourage ourselves & others to chose whats write.

God bless GW

September 10, 2011 at 1:58 p.m.
  • I tell you what, Gary--it's okay about the source for your information that the American Psychiatric Association is considering dropping pedophilia is coming from a radio ministry. I seriously doubt that the actual report includes any facts. I am fairly certain it is some minister's opinion that this trend is taking place. Since you can't readily put your finger on it, let me just assure you that your information is false.

So that you can better understand the bad information that you are getting from your various sources, let me share this with you--

Roughly 10% of adults who sexually abuse children fall under the category of 'pedophile', which means that less than 10% of adults who offend in this manner are sexualy aroused by children. Michael Jackson is an example of a pedophile.

The other 90% use the sexual act as a weapon to exhert power and control over the victim. They are still engaging in sexual behavior with a child, and it is still wrong. But your reference to the mental illness aspect of child sexual abuse only applies to pedophiles.

I realize this is a very complex subject, and not at all easy to understand, but if you truly want some valid information on the topic, contact me through the paper, and I'll provide you with links to true and accurate (not opinion pieces) data.

If you are going to preach against it, at least have real information.

September 10, 2011 at 8:16 a.m.
  • Gary, you might find this interesting. Jesus was once asked "What is the greatest commandment?" and he responded "Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength. This is the first and greatest commandment. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself." (Mark 12:29-31).

You seem dangerously close to being in violation of the second one.

I also found your comment suggesting that churches turn away homosexuals to be disturbing as a Christian. It's not very Christian-like to turn away people who are in need of salvation. You should be interested in preaching the word and hoping they listen, and even if they don't, at least you tried and your consciousness will be clean knowing that you did your best. But if they don't follow the Lord, that still doesn't give you the right to treat them badly, since nowhere in the Bible does it say to extend kindness only to fellow Christians. In fact, there is a quote in the Bible that says to feed your enemy, and if he is hungry, give him a drink. Please try to follow the faith you preach, because if your comments are any indication, you are not currently doing this.

P.S. I think it would be wise to refrain from telling people they won't go to heaven. This is the exact attitude responsible for turning more people away from the church than bringing them to it. Your kind comes off as hateful and judgmental, and you could very well be responsible for turning souls away from the Lord by doing this. Which I'm sure we both know is not what He wants.

September 10, 2011 at 3:07 a.m.
  • The insane calling others insane! Oh the insanity!

September 9, 2011 at 11:47 p.m.
  • I just Emailed them for another copy of the news letter. I dont seem to be able to find it on there web site.

September 9, 2011 at 11:07 p.m.
  • Edith

I believe it comes from a news letter that I received from Bethany Ok.

South West Radio Ministry or some thing like that. It quoted some reliable news sources from recent articles.

September 9, 2011 at 11:04 p.m.
  • Yes, Gary, I'd like you to please hunt up that news source that says it is, how did you put it, 'in the works to declare that its not a mental disorder to desire sex with children.'

I think you're wrong about that, but I'm willing to reserve judgement on your declaration until you can show me where a credible news source is reporting that the APA is considering removing pedophilia from the DSM IV.

Thanks.
    EA

September 9, 2011 at 10:48 p.m.
  • Edith

I suppose you mean about the section 8? I just listened to a war vet say it, I assume it is verifiable. Sex with children was quoted from a news source, I can try to find it if you like.

Thanks GW

September 9, 2011 at 10:22 p.m.
  • Gary,

Where DO you get your information? Please share your sources. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to look at the data that you use.

Thanks,
    EA

September 9, 2011 at 10:10 p.m.
  • writein

you make a good point. Back in the day this kind of behavior got you a section 8 out of the military. the definition of a section 8 was a mental disorder. Now its in the works to declare that its not a mental disorder to desire sex with children.

Think about it, most of society at one time recognized these chosen life styles as being insane. Now most of society is insane which is proven by the fact that they are now in full harmony with the homosexual community.

September 9, 2011 at 10 p.m.
  • Trixie50.

Well. I was bought up to know what is right and what is wrong. The problem today is that people are so eager in turning a right into a wrong and a wrong into a right. I hate to sound like Gary White, but even the last book of the Bible even said so.

September 8, 2011 at 8:40 p.m.
  • So sad ..... I know I made a comment of being a "REAL" christian.. so sorry I made this comment.. I should of said I am not a racist, nor a hater of the human kind, I love people and I was raised to Love everyone and Not judge! If you treat people the way You want to be treated you shall have Peace within yourself.

September 7, 2011 at 5:36 p.m.
  • I went once years ago....probably around 2002 when I still lived in Victoria...they wouldn't let me in unless I tucked in my shirt...really??? I never stepped foot into that place again. I was dressed nice, but it was their policy that my shirt be tucked in....whatever, I left. I've been to nice bars/clubs all over the country and was never once asked to tuck in my shirt(I dress nice when I go out)....but freakin' Cactus Canyon in podunk Victoria wants me to tuck in my shirt LOL

I do not go out to bars in Victoria when I visit because most people are thugs and ghetto. I stand more of a chance of getting stabbed/shot at a bar in Victoria than the places I frequent in bigger cities.

September 7, 2011 at 5 p.m.
  • Siub.

Well I aim to please.

September 6, 2011 at 10:04 p.m.
  • This is the first time I have ever agree with Siub and Hicktoria. I hope this agreement will bring rain.

September 6, 2011 at 7:45 p.m.

September 6, 2011 at 4:31 p.m.
  • ive been to cactus countless times in the company of gay/lesbians--- NEVER has it been an issue, NEVER!! this article was not written in a way that expressed the facts or both sides of the story- if there were so many witnesses then why didnt they come forward and speak of what they saw?
    now having said what i did in the above i have also been out and about on multiple occasions and run across one of the ladies involved in this story- ask me how many times ive wished they would throw her out of the bar? umm.. pretty much every time! she makes a habit of drinking too much and behaving in a really disgusting manor-- anyone remember the incident at riverside?! i dont care whether she's dressed butch or fem she doesnt contain or control herself and if she manages to make people who know her uncomfortable i can imagine strangers would feel the same way, its likely the bar had to go with majority rule here and ask them to leave because there were complaints or as stated they really were behaving in a way that was just innapropriate. we dont really have to make it into a gay/straight thing

September 6, 2011 at 1:28 a.m.
  • Let's bring something to the table here and put things in prospective. What if the bar/club were dominated by homosexual women, would that bar lose money? I say this in wondering where the straight men are going to go. If straight men (in a small community) are the majority of the purchasing power in bars, then how a bar stays open?

This article itself raises questions. Is the author of the article or the newspaper is trying to force an agenda? I asked because there is no mention or detail of an inappropriate action. Saying someone is acting “inappropriate” can mean anything. Surely if they were kissing and have been doing there on a regular basis, then why is it a problem now? The reporter never questioned the girls on that.

Also what is questionable or should I say interesting is the posts made by Gary. If he is so against bars then why is he defending this bar? Now that is scary, much like that of iJoe’s” if you are a minority and disagree with me over homosexuality, then you should have no opinion”.

September 5, 2011 at 8:39 p.m.
  • Hiptydipty1.

Here is the question, would they kiss you?

September 5, 2011 at 8:07 p.m.
  • THE GARY COMMUNTIY IS VERY LARGE IN HIS HEAD --HE IS EVERYWHERE!!

September 5, 2011 at 1:47 p.m.
  • THE GAY COMMUNTIY IS VERY LARGE IN VICTORIA--WE ARE EVERYWHERE!!

I can think of at least one place you aren't & never will be unless you change.

September 5, 2011 at 12:26 p.m.
  • LIKE I SAID BEFORE-THERE WHERE SEVERAL WITNESSES THAT SAW EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED THAT NIGHT, EVEN MY BROTHER SAW THEM DISCRIMINATE AGAINST THESE GIRLS FOR NO REASON-JUST BECUZ THEY LOOK LIKE MEN OR WHERE HOLDING HANDS--AND THE ORIGINAL MANAGER DIDNT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THAT NIGHT AND HE INSIST THAT THEY DONT DISCRIMINATE-BUT THAT NIGHT THERE WAS ANOTHER MANAGER NAMED CHARLES THAT WAS KICKING EVERYBODY OUT---LIKE I HAVE SAID BEFORE, DO NOT GO TO THIS BAR IF YOU ARE GAY OR LESBIAN-YOU ARE NOT WELCOMED THERE---BUT CACTUS CANYON WILL SUFFER BECUZ ALL THE LESBIANS LIKE TO GO THERE(FOR SOME BIZARRE REASON) BUT SOON ALL THE GAYS WILL TAKE THERE BUISSNESS ELSEWHERE--THE GAY COMMUNITY WILL BOYCOTT THIS BAR---MOST OF THE COWBOYS ARE GAY TOO AND IN THE CLOSET---THE GAY COMMUNTIY IS VERY LARGE IN VICTORIA--WE ARE EVERYWHERE!!

September 5, 2011 at 12:01 p.m.

September 5, 2011 at 10:02 a.m.
  • Give me a bar that encourages kissing by hot chicks and I'm there!!!

September 5, 2011 at 9:54 a.m.

September 5, 2011 at 9:48 a.m.

September 4, 2011 at 9:22 p.m.
  • Gary W. = You stated "Lucifer thought he could create a better kingdom that Michale (Christ)"

I had noticed some rather strange theological statements in some past posts of yours, but this one is purely Jehovah's Witnesses, which is a quite different than what evangelical Christians (Catholic and Protestants) believe. Jehovah's Witnesses understand Jesus to be Michael the Archangel, and categorically deny His (Jesus) deity.

September 4, 2011 at 9:16 p.m.

September 4, 2011 at 9:08 p.m.
  • the real solution to this is some person or persons should band together and open a bar where anybody can attend regardless of who they are....i have been to clubs in san antonio and the atmosphere is great-especially at the bonham exchange. i am hispanic and i was like given a mean look when i walked in at cactus canyon ever since i travel either to san antonio, austin, and houston--i can spend my money elsewhere

September 4, 2011 at 8:45 p.m.
  • Wow..... Really bad article. Way to accuse, discover no proof and then talk about how they could be punished if they might have done it.

Also just because someone is kicked out of a bar, and they are gay does not mean they were kicked out because they were gay. Get the entire story, I heard they were way out of line.

September 4, 2011 at 8:33 p.m.
  • KAST,
    You know what is unacceptable? You accepting the word of what is written in this newspaper as 100% fact. That is what's unacceptable.

I hope you never serve on Jury Duty.

Sorry Cactus Canyon, you've been found guilty in the Advocates forum. Can someone please get down to Cactus and lock those people up. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
    I mean it is just inconceivable to imagine that a few girls/lesbians, out late, drinking it up, could possibly be doing something the bar owner/mngmnt didn't approve of, right? LOL!!!

September 4, 2011 at 5:53 p.m.
  • When I went to Cactus there were gay people every where not just holding hands, they were kissing and dirty dancing and all that. No one did anything to them other than the occassional get a room comment.

September 4, 2011 at 5:40 p.m.
  • A few questions
    Wow, what happened to not liking a place and not returning there for that reason?
    This non-story actually made it's way into something people are talking about?
    Someone really considers this discrimination?
    Let me guess, does the Advocate have "a dog in this fight"?

I think it's hilarious that someone thought this was worthy of writing an article about. I walked out to my garbage this morning and threw away a bag of garbage. Come write a story about me Vicad.
    A bar can throw out whoever they want. Gay, Straight, whatever and they can just about use whatever reason they want. Based on what I see here, the bar is probably guilty of some kind of hate crime. LOL!!! Yes, I'm really laughing out loud!!!

Move along folks, nothing to see here.

September 4, 2011 at 5:39 p.m.
  • This stuff happens all the time at Cactus Canyon. These people aren't the first gay people to get kicked out for being gay. I have gay friends that have been harassed and kicked out of Cactus in the past just for being gay. It's pretty sad that it's 2011 and there are still bigots out there. I doubt this would have happened had it been a straight couple holding hands. Victoria still has a long way to go as far as treating people with respect.

That being said, Cactus is a dump! Why would anyone wanna go there in the first place.

September 4, 2011 at 5:24 p.m.
  • Last time I was in there I thought it did turn into a gay country bar, there seemed to be lots of lesbians there and nobody had a problem with it. And honestly they probibly did something else besides being gay. They just threw that card down for their defense.

September 4, 2011 at 4:46 p.m.
  • What is a real Christian? By stating that, are you saying you believe that God will not put up with this type of lifestyle?

That's what I believe. We all live lifestyles that don't match up to God's standards. I also believe God forgives us, ALL OF US, of our sins.

We can't live in a way that dishonor's God and expect Him to bless our nation.

Jesus died for ALL sinners. Even me. Just like Paul said, "I'm the worst of all sinners."

September 4, 2011 at 4:30 p.m.
  • Trixe

It's 2011 gheee whiz ... Gods thoughts are the same the day he wrote whats write & wrong. 6000 yrs ago or 6000 yrs from now. Now many of us are trying to come up with a better idea than our creator, its the same mentality that started the first war in heaven.

Lucifer thought he could create a better kingdom than Michale (Christ). Lets strive to be happy with Gods original thought on things. I am sure we wont regret it.

September 4, 2011 at 4:23 p.m.
  • This is totally unacceptable. I used to frequent the place and there was never any problem with gays and lesbians. In fact, one of the bartenders that used to work there was a lesbian. I'd take part in a mass invasion, peaceful, and dare them to take action. This town needs to come to grips with the fact that gays and lesbians live here and deserve to be treated respectfully.

September 4, 2011 at 4:21 p.m.
  • I am straight, but I have all kinds of friends from different backrounds/cultures/ I am a REAL Christian, I don't discriminate:
    One suggestion:
    If the bar said they didn't discriminate, than why don't all you get together for a BIG nite out and all show up at once.. Than you can see if they really discriminate!
    @fjhl comment:
    and dont they know that most of the cowboys are gay-hello-brokeback mountain--

I believe he/she is Very correct: the only differerence is they are totally in the closet Married with children.. It's 2011 gheee whiz ...

September 4, 2011 at 3:51 p.m.
  • Dang, we almost had Gary in a bar!

September 4, 2011 at 3:45 p.m.
  • Yea maybe I will have to rethink this over again. Ok I thought about it, I am not changing. I got week there for a minute.

God Bless GW

September 4, 2011 at 3:41 p.m.
  • Gary, you do realize that you just endorsed a bar, don't you?

September 4, 2011 at 3:27 p.m.
  • I am shocked & impressed to see that a bar could have such high standards. Sounds like some of our churches could take a lesson.

September 4, 2011 at 3:22 p.m.
  • Hope they do boycot the bar, they need there on bar!

September 4, 2011 at 2:57 p.m.
  • One Victoria Coochadillo Festival coming up!

September 4, 2011 at 2:33 p.m.

September 4, 2011 at 1:58 p.m.

September 4, 2011 at 11:33 a.m.
  • I know for a fact, from several witnesses that these woman where not acting crazy that night-there was a different manager there that night and he was kicking all the gays out-cactus is just trying to cover up the true details-I was at cactus once back in the day and me and my friend Maria got kicked out too becuz they didnt like the way Maria looked, she was a transgendered male and she wasnt bothering anybody-i was there and i saw them discriminate her for no reason--I have been telling the gays not to go there for years and cactus even kicked out a gay man couple last year--they are going to lose alot of buissness because all the gay go to this bar--and dont they know that most of the cowboys are gay-hello-brokeback mountain--all the gays of the community should boycott this club

September 4, 2011 at 11:21 a.m.
  • "Customers can vote with their feet."

Sage advice.

September 4, 2011 at 9:05 a.m.
  • Great posts from all of y'all before me. Well said! Thanks.

September 4, 2011 at 7:54 a.m.
  • And then there is the age discrimination deal.

No One Under 21 Allowed

Now we have to change those laws too, because

folks that want to come in that are under 21 are being discrimianted

against too.

Now, why do the government programs like the lunch

only allow underpriveleged folks to get free lunches?

that discriminates against the hard working folks too,

they should not be discriminated against just because we work

harder and longer for our money and then cannot get FREE STUFF too?

Then there is the man/woman equal employment thing.

Some guys are smaller/cannot lift as much are larger guys,

but they get paid Guys $$$

We gals are a mostly a bit muscle challenged, cannot lft as much, and it is an unsaid thing most do not get paid as much

as the guys for most part.

And students, they get all kinds of free tuitions etc.

but us folks that are still in the UNIVERSITY OF HARD KNOCKS,

no government doles out to us to help us learn our life lessons!!

AND ON AND ON AND ON.....

September 4, 2011 at 6:46 a.m.
  • Not to split hairs, but

since this is America, there is nothing wrong saying

This is a country western/not a gay bar.

It is also okay for a Gay Bar to explicity say that they are a Gay Bar,

and not a country western bar.

Same thing, restrooms say Men Women

is it okay for men that are crossdressers which door for them?

and for the Lesbian ladies that are the "Gent" role of the couple

which door for bathroom for them??

will we next have to have signs

Gents (or ladies that are the Gent of the Couple)

and Ladies (or the Gent that are the Ladies of the Couple)

signs over bathrooms?

and then

Gents (or ladies that are the Gent of the Couple)*including
    Latino/Caucasian/Japenese/Hindi/Baptist/Methodist all denominations

ETC ETC ETC???????

September 4, 2011 at 6:39 a.m.
  • a BUNCH OF MY PALS and I were once kicked out of Dodge City.

We are professional business folks, out for a good time.

Admittedly, a couple of our bunch did get REALLY OVERLY DRUNK AND OBNOXIOUSLY LOUD/BELLIGERANT!!

they tossed the entire bunch of us out, which we well deserved!!

We all laughed about it, apologized, recovered from our hangovers,

and went back MANY MANY MORE wonderful nights for years to

come!!!

September 4, 2011 at 6:30 a.m.
  • AMEN! jasonbourne GREAT POST!!!

September 4, 2011 at 6:27 a.m.
  • My dear departed gay half brother Larry used

to "PURPOSELY SHOW OFF/FLAUNT" HIS GAY LIFESTYLE

in places that HE TOTALLY KNEW HE WAS GOING TO EVOKE

TRADITION MORALISTIC REACTIONS!!

HE DID THIS KNOWINGLY THAT IT WAS GONNA LEAD TO CONFRONTATIONS, that is what HE WANTED.

Not saying you girls were doing it for that reason, BUT LOTS OF THE

GAYS/LESBIANS do that very thing, TO DRAW ATTENTION TO THEMSELVES and SAY HEY LOOK AT ME I CAN KISS GIRLS IN BARS IN FRONT OF EVERYONE!!!

I WILL SAY THIS TOO, MY DEAR DEPARTED HALF BROTHER

LARRY LIES COLD IN HIS GRAVE A VICTIM OF AIDS,

which I WARNED HIM OF 2 YEARS BEFORE IT HAPPENED!!!

you girls need to take a few lessons from the fine law abiding

Gay/Lesbians, YOU WILL GAIN A LOT MORE RESPECT for yourselves

and your lifestyle, instead of giving public opinion to your disgraceful exhibitiions, if that applies in this case.

If you were truly just behaving and out for a good time, like the majority of folks, you will be vindicated,

time will tell.

September 4, 2011 at 6:24 a.m.

September 4, 2011 at 6:23 a.m.

September 4, 2011 at 6:17 a.m.