Could you pass 10th grade social studies?
The following questions were adapted from a 2006 10th grade social studies TAKS test.
1. During the Middle Ages, what was the most direct effect of the printing press in Europe?
2. John Locke's philosophy of natural rights asserts that all people have certain basic rights from birth. In the Declaration of Independence, these rights are referred to as what?
3. Following the battles of Lexington and Concord in 1775, the Second Continental Congress created the Continental army. Who was the commander in charge of uniting American militias under this new army?
4. The firing on Fort Sumter on April 12, 1861, was the first armed conflict of which war?
1. Rapid spread of new ideas
2. Unalienable rights
3. George Washington
4. Civil War