Comments

• Suib,

Learn to read before you start reading things into what I wrote..it was wrong, what he did and I said that. Marcus is a good person and if you can put aside your ignorance for a moment you might be able to understand..He did what he did to go back to the only place he felt safe and respected, trust if someone was to die in that gym they would be dead, that's not what it was about..too many narrow minded people who think they know someone because they read something in the paper!! There is much more to it than that..A good person can do stupid things (like you taking a side without correct or accurate information)..no one was hurt because thats not what this was about, it was about a person who felt they had no choice but to do something that would put them back in a place where they felt comfortable for 16 years...the real world is a hard place when you've left it as a child and come back to it as a grown man, you get no respect for being in prison (rightfully so) and you get tons of respect in prison for doing what he did (wrongfully so)...Open your eyes it's not just black and white!!

September 23, 2011 at 7:54 a.m.
  • Siub said ''I know two separate individuals, who both went to prison for separate offenses. One is now a medical doctor (realized his potential) and the other a professional counselor... at a state prison."
    I hardly doubt that it was a violent crime....you cannot work in the medical field with a felonious(sic) asault on your record!

September 23, 2011 at 7:19 a.m.
  • I have 666 in my name because Satan is more believable than God. I see Satans work everyday. When was last time you seen a miracle? Btw I don't worship the devil but I do agree with a lot of things he tells me. LOL. Come on smile this is all in fun.

September 23, 2011 at 6:11 a.m.

September 23, 2011 at 5:59 a.m.
  • Marcus Washington was one hell of a defensive lineman for the Mighty Stingarees back in the late 80's. He helped lead the 1989 Stings to an undefeated District Championship, and he was named the defensive player of the year. It was a joy being his friend and teammate back then!

My niece currently attends UHV, and I can't imagine what I would feel if he harmed her, or anyone else for that matter. All I can do is pray for Marcus, that he will one day see the light! Godspeed my old friend.

September 22, 2011 at 9:44 p.m.
  • Oh. I guess we would all be good dictators. =P

September 22, 2011 at 3:50 p.m.
  • He would have found out for sure if his religious beliefs were correct or not had he pulled out a gun in an area where concealed handguns are legal. I'm all for profs and even HS teachers packing heat on campuses if they are licensed. Thank God this ended without injury or worse.

I have much more sympathy for the students and others who will be tormented by the memory of this incident than I do for this guy.

September 22, 2011 at 3:46 p.m.
  • Do not want to offend anyone but, carrying a gun into a crowded room and discharging it to tell people you need help sends the wrong message. The moment he carried that weapon in the building he made his choice to make a statement. A really wrong statement.

September 22, 2011 at 3:29 p.m.
  • it's interesting to read the comments, I know the man, went to school with him in Victoria, Victoria High School class of '91. He truly is a good person who was having a hard time adjusting to life outside of prison...the whole thing about everyone deserves a second chance, well he didn't get one..this is a hard world and he was wrong for what he did but it puts him back where he feels respected not out in a world full of hypocrites who say oh everyone deserves a second chance but won't hire you because you've done time...this is sad news about a good person who felt he had no choice but to do something that would send him back to really the only life he knows

September 22, 2011 at 1:53 p.m.
  • He is a nut with a gun that needs to be put away for a long time. If he is a convicted felon:

Why did he have a gun?

Where did the gun come from?

How did the gun get from the manufacturer, retailer, last owner?

Felon with an illegal weapon should be automatic 3rd strike, Buh-bye......

September 22, 2011 at 1:24 p.m.
  • So who is this 40 year old Marcus Washington from Victoria. Is he someone who has lived here most of his life, went to school in Victoria, works in Victoria, goes to VC, what?????

September 22, 2011 at 12:21 p.m.
  • 15 minutes of fame 15yrs in prison lol

September 22, 2011 at 10:17 a.m.

September 22, 2011 at 9:17 a.m.
  • How would Cody make a good dictator?

September 22, 2011 at 9:17 a.m.
  • Codyhare, you are way way off. You're 'preaching' that you shouldn't talk about politics or religion in public yet your username has a religious connotation. Regardless, the saying is "it's not polite to talk about politics or religion." Just because you have an opinion, and you talk about it in public, it doesn't mean you should be shot at.

My point is that the guy who engaged in an argument with this idiot isn't at fault at all. Quit making excuses for the guy who was 100% wrong.

If religion is being forced upon you, get a job and move out of your parents' house. If you've already done that, buy some ear plugs and wait your turn to burn in hell.

September 22, 2011 at 8:39 a.m.
  • maybe they can send him to where Yancey is housed and he can turn him around.

September 22, 2011 at 8:31 a.m.
  • Anyone can walk on campus. Not because you just got of prison you shouldn't be allowed to walk there. If you are are NOT part of faculty or a student you shouldn't be able to walk on campus. That's a different story. If that was the case he shouldn't be in possession of a gun or knife since he is a felon. Evidently IF he has been to prison he sure didn't rehabilitate himself so therefore more wasted money spent on these freakin losers!!!

September 22, 2011 at 8:13 a.m.
  • He hasnt even been out of prison for more then a month so i dont understand why he was even on campus.

September 22, 2011 at 6:16 a.m.
  • Maybe he needs his medication adjusted.

September 22, 2011 at 5:34 a.m.
  • Trust me I'm nothing like this scumbag. The article said they were having a religious argument. I don't know the specifics of the conversation they had. But I do know there are 2 things you don't talk about in public, religion and politics. There is someone that will always get heated over 1 of these topics. he was obviously aggravated after the conversation they had cuz on the way out he said you are wrong. If a person looks like they are on drugs and aggravated you shouldn't argue with them in the first place. You're not talking to the person anymore your talking to the drug. If you wanna talk about god and religion there's a place for that it's call church. Quite frankly I'm sick of people trying to push their beliefs on me. I don't need a religion to help me live my life right.

September 22, 2011 at 1:56 a.m.
  • "About 10 minutes later"

Colin Goddard's incident was 10 minutes too at Virginia Tech, but Cho had to bring his own locks and chains to make a lockdown, this time the school locks you in so a shooter can carry more ammo without needing the extra weight of locks and chains ... that's progress.

Codyhare, Dude, you're way off, ...the guy doing the gang signs and waving the gun around and cursing wasn't the one preaching nor displaying love; quite the opposite, he was more like a person with your attitude.

September 21, 2011 at 11:04 p.m.

September 21, 2011 at 10:37 p.m.