Health Calendar for April 8 - May 13
- unverified comments
Thank you for your submission.Error report or correction
Victoria West Blood Drive• WHAT: Victoria West Blood Drive
• WHEN: 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday
• WHERE: Victoria West High School, 307 W. Tropical Drive
• CONTACT: For more information, call Victoria West at 361-788-2830
Parent Workshop Texas Autism Supplement• WHAT: This workshop is an introduction to the eleven strategies that must be considered for educational programming for students with autism in Texas public schools.
• WHEN: 10:30 a.m. to noon Tuesday
• WHERE: 1905 Leary Lane, Region III Education Service Center
• CONTACT: For more information, call 361-573-0731.
Free Hearing Tests• WHAT: Brown Hearing will be conducting free hearing tests for anyone 60 or older.
• WHEN: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Thursday
• WHERE: Victoria County Senior Citizens Murray Center, 603 E. Murray St.
• CONTACT: To reserve a spot, call 1-800-392-1041.
Free Health Talk• WHAT: Dr. Tim Holcomb will speak on "How to turn on your fat-burning hormones to keep weight off." The talk is sponsored by Foundation for Wellness Professionals.
• WHEN: 7:30 p.m. Thursday
• WHERE: Health Food House, 4206 N. Ben Jordan St.
• CONTACT: Call 361-0485-0449 to reserve a spot.
15th Annual Tony Borowicz Memorial Blood Drive• WHAT: Sponsored by Victoria Harley-Davidson and Victoria HOG Chapter. All presenting donors will receive a 15th anniversary special edition T-shirt (while supplies last) and a sausage wrap (courtesy of Mumphord's Place Barbecue).
• WHEN: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday
• WHERE: 608 N. Moody St., Victoria Harley-Davidson
• CONTACT: Call 361-575-7881 or visit southtexasblood.org for more information.
16th Annual Relay for Life • WHAT: Relay For Life are cancer events that help communities across the globe fight back against cancer.
• WHEN: Open to public at 3 p.m., opening ceremony at 6 p.m. Friday, April 27
• WHERE: Coleto Creek Park, 365 Coleto Creek Park Road, Victoria
• CONTACT: For more information, email email@example.com or call 361-212-7028.
To submit your health-related event, email Features Editor and Health reporter J.R. Ortega at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 361-580-6504. The Your Life Health calendar runs the second Sunday of the month.