Comments

• you do realize that the Google sponsor add just correlate to whatever is the topic,and all it is is basic random google searches and means nothing right?

April 17, 2012 at 8:47 a.m.
  • OK, just had to make mention of this here.

Because there are SO many ads now on this web site, I've learned to more or less ignore them. But these two on this page caught my eye:

"LED grow lights"

and "Criminal Defense attorneys".....

'Nuff said? :D

April 17, 2012 at 5:12 a.m.
  • I didnt know Tophat was the forum police...if I want to ' waste keystrokes'...that is my right...and you use 1 womans stupidity to get your point across....which just proves my point...if we banned everything people used to get stupid with....there would be a lot of companies out of business.

April 16, 2012 at 8:47 p.m.

April 15, 2012 at 4:56 p.m.
  • @ Tophat true dat!

April 13, 2012 at 10:07 a.m.
  • An investigation and subsequent law enforcement actions of illegal commerce is the Sheriff is simply doing what he sworn to do.
    There is no connection to the re-election or any other imaginary reason you may conjure up. Silly, silly silly. Criminal elements do not time their activity around the election schedule.
    Like any leader; the Sheriff has to split his available resources He dealt with this, while continuing work on other issues. Recall citizens contacted him regarding this illegal activity You DO remember citizens; you know those people he swore to serve and protect (also known as his employer's)?
    If you believe it was all a wasted effort; the only people you can complain to would be his employer's. He simply did his job.

If you desire to attack his personal character and motives-- may I suggest you do it in person? Pointless rants on this forum solely waste bandwidth and your keystrokes.

Break out the Webster and look up "fake" and "synthetic".
    Then take the time to see what has already happened in the rest of the US. Last event of notice in my area is a young lady committed a couple of crimes under the influence of bath salts. When she recovers from the poisoning (still in hospital) she will spend some time as a ward of the county in the county jail. Harmless stuff?

We already know that other items can be improvised into drug induction tools. More wasted keystrokes, carries no merit.

April 13, 2012 at 9:14 a.m.
  • @ jordan.. now thats too crafty for some of the people i know lol.. takes too much effort and by the time they are done they will just eat it.

April 13, 2012 at 8:03 a.m.

Read the first entry entitled The Predators of Marengo County and then come back here and declare the War on Drugs a success.

April 13, 2012 at 7:20 a.m.
  • Dont forget apples,you can make a pipe out of those as well.

April 13, 2012 at 1:20 a.m.
  • i guess the next ban will be rolling papers and cigars at local stores because we all know you can smoke drugs with these too.

April 12, 2012 at 4:04 p.m.
  • so I guess now Bugler and Top rolling papers will be the next high profile bust.

April 12, 2012 at 12:54 p.m.
  • so what about all those sex toys that are sold at one or two stores in town can't those be used for smoking or for hiding illegal substances in them? there's some large ones that could probably used for that?

April 12, 2012 at 12:50 p.m.
  • We need a new Sheriff...to ppl who keep sayn Sheriff O'Connor is so great and now the city is much safer really? 60 members of VPD, a 5month undercover sting on some small local buisness's.!!..??? WOW LMAO WOWWW really i mean it took 5 months to figure out they were selling FAKE Coke and FAKE Weed! Its not like it was a goup of drug dealers selling the real stuff from there houses..that would be understandable cause of the danger,evedince,time,and money needed to require a successfull sting but it was a bunch of localy owned small buisness's...a freakn convenient store..anyone could walk in these places and see all the evedince needed to make an arrest...but no not this Sheriff he needed 5months 60 officers and lots of taxpayer money to pull off a successfull sting!!!!!??? WHAT A WASTE!!!

April 12, 2012 at 10:44 a.m.
  • You must be really dense and blinded by the media if you think that THC can kill you or you can get addicted to it. It has been studied and the chemical makeup of the compound has no addictive properties. now yes some people can become dependent on it,but defiantly no addicted. And what is you take on medical marijuana? It helps chemo patients and many other people with diseases and its alot safer than taking tons of pain meds. I know someone personally that was going through chemo and smoke marijuana as a pain reliever as apposed to and opiate based med and they said it defiantly help. You cannont OD on marijuana,you can only get super baked.there have even been CNBC speicals and tons of other speicals on its use,and none say its a dangerous drug that ruins lives. I know several very successful people in this town that smoke weed and their life seems great. I suggest you research it some more before you try to make an argument and just come off ignorant.

April 12, 2012 at 8:50 a.m.
  • Just continue to live on your smoke-hazed world and believe weed is OK (just please stay in your own home). My knowledge of newborn addiction is experience based not some TV show. And newborns do go through withdrawals from weed. And deaths due to weed are not studied because yes it is very difficult to od on it, but its effects are what can kill you.

April 12, 2012 at 8:36 a.m.
  • Nocando.. I guessed i pushed a button. I appreciate your opinion yet still believe law enforcement is wasting time and money on something that is not going to slow down even a little bit. Even if we do get a handle on this there is still plenty of coke and meth in victoria for these kids to "accidentally" ingest. Even if this compound is illegal the makers will change one little thing in the chemical makeup and it will be another 5 months and lab test to figure out what it is so they can make it illegal. The cycle continues. They have already banned several of the synthetic weed ingredients but they just change one thing and it becomes legal again. We do not have the money or resources to continue trying to stay ahead of the manufacturers. IMO
    Educate yourselves about this product and the history of it. They already have had two brands of bath salts that were banned and the manufacturers did eactly what I'm saying, Change the makeup just a little and it's legal again. just saying...One more thing .. If you can't see the comment I made about the sixer and xanax as sarcasm then you are slower than I originally thought..

April 12, 2012 at 6:21 a.m.
  • Its never been studied because it would be a waste of time,there is nothing dangerous about it. Also weed doesnt have addictive properties so i dont see how a newborn can be addicted to it. Stop getting all your news from NPR or Fox news. Now if you were talking about hard drugs like cocaine,meth,or Rx pills,then i can agree with you on that part. And im sure you drink alcohol,thats a drug and it does more harm than weed. What about all the drunk drivers,alcoholics, alcohol poisoning? You cant ignore that it doesnt happen,and that since its legal its safe.

April 11, 2012 at 11:53 a.m.
  • One, stop reading the studies only put out by the "legalize weed" groups. You can make the facts of any study sway your way. The truth is deaths from weed have never really been studied. And many times the deaths are ruled as what the weed caused- asthma attack, car accident etc.
    Also all of you who believe drugs are harmless, have you ever watch a 4 pound drug addicted newborn vomit, scream in pain all day, and seize over and over? Yep harmless.
    And since we haven't stopped theft, rape, and murder with laws, I guess we should not enforce those laws either.

April 11, 2012 at 11:08 a.m.
  • I am all too familiar with the break in at gun point last week. My point being that just because all of you aren't aware of what law enforcement is doing concerning other outstanding cases, doesn't mean they have stopped working on them. This is just one of many cases they are concerned about. I really don't care what happens in Houston or any other city or town that I don't live in. My concern is here in Victoria, where my family and friends are. I stand by my statement, if any of you can do a better job, then run for Sheriff, go to the Police Academy, become a Fire Fighter, do something to protect OTHERS instead of bashing what you obviosly have no clue about. Also, again, if you get hit in an auto accident, have your lawnmower stolen, can't locate a loved one....don't call the police....cuz they're too busy doing busts on illegal bath salts and frolicing through fields with puppies....BTW.....instead of bashing TMO for the Wells Fargo bank robbery, why don't you point fingers at the Chief of Police??? Good day folks, time for all of you spouting complaints drink your beer, smoke your synthetic marijuana and take your Xanax (prescription OF COURSE) and stick your heads back in the sand, and allow those that serve ......SERVE...

April 11, 2012 at 8:21 a.m.
  • I'm just glad to see that T. Michael O’Connor is utilizing his resources wisely... While Victoria’s finest is off chasing pit bulls and incense (fake drugs) through the county. An armed robber eludes police after robbing the Wells Fargo on Navarro and Loop 463. Really? It’s obvious the only reason that the raid went down is because election time is right around the corner. What has TMO provided up to this point? Trust me when I say that I’m all for law enforcement. But for crying out loud can we elect a sheriff that can prioritize for the City of Victoria’s good!

April 11, 2012 at 2:09 a.m.
  • oh yeah.cause you can defiantly OD on marijuana

April 11, 2012 at 1:06 a.m.
  • The only bright side to drugs being legal and on the open market is there is a good chance there would be less idiots in this world. They would all OD.

April 10, 2012 at 10:39 p.m.
  • Nocando... If you remember we do have people breaking into houses and pointing guns at people ( home invasion last week) and so far our law enforcement has deemed the store owners a greater threat and priority than the true thugs who are out there commiting violent crimes. I can't blame them though I would much rather raid a convenience store than bust a crackhouse or gangbanger. The conveniece store has no thug on the other side of the door with a gun. Much safer and look at all the publicity TMO got at election time for wasting a bunch of our money. I don't like the stuff (Bath Salt)although I know folks who do. A guy at the store earlier was telling me he just got back from Houston where he walked in and bought a whole case of the bath salts. 1 day later and the stuff is back in full force. Money well spent.... I think not... I gotta go kill the rest of this six pack and eat a xanax (presciption of course) so I can better judge the lawbreakers....... I'm legal lol

April 10, 2012 at 8:35 p.m.
  • Hey victorianbybirth please show me where i supported racing on busy streets? where did i ever say that? Oh wait thats right,i didnt. Now back on subject, i am all for removing these stupid fake drugs,and i am all for keeping hard drugs (cocaine,meth,etc..) off the streets. But until someone can give me a legitimate reason as to why marijuana should stay illegal but not alcohol or cigarettes even those those two are alot more harmful to the human body.

April 10, 2012 at 8:25 p.m.
  • I think all these Drug bust n things going on r great timing for re-election time!!!

April 10, 2012 at 8:02 p.m.
  • If he is doing this to get re elected...He just won my vote!

April 10, 2012 at 7:54 p.m.
  • I must say....I am AMAZED at some of these comments. If there is something deemed illegal, it's just flat ILLEGAL.....these drugs are deemed illegal and so the PD and SO and others stopped the sell of it. It doesn't matter your opinion of re-election, worse than/better than discussion, it's ILLEGAL. They did their job!! If breaking in to your house and pointing a gun in your face and taking your property was illegal they would do the SAME THING. They would be working (sometimes without all of our knowledge) on finding out who did something illegal. OH WAIT....THAT IS ILLEGAL...and they are doing what they need to do for that as well. They did and continue to do what they swore to do...uphold the law......unless any of you yahoo's on here want to do their job, then get off this website and do their job BETTER. Do all law enforcement a favor for all of you gripers.....when someone breaks the law and you are harmed.....don't call the PD or the SO....just deal with it....it MAY be re-election time and they obviously are only working during THAT time.....oh my goodness....you people amaze me....

April 10, 2012 at 7:39 p.m.
  • This is comforting, the same guy that was defending drag racing on busy city streets is also defending his right to use illegal drugs.....I'm so glad I live in another town.

April 10, 2012 at 7:28 p.m.
  • TXWader...:"So some of you would rather just let the laws of our state be broken; just have law enforcement turn a blind eye? So then those who care about laws being broken can complain that our local LEO's are not doing their job."

Actually, the complaint is that the law itself is bad and the cops are caught up trying to enforce a bad law that should have never been passed. The problem is that once a law is on the books, it's almost impossible to get rid of it. Passing laws is what politicians do. They don't take note whether it's good or bad, but by God they are passing laws to show the people who voted for them that they are working hard.

April 10, 2012 at 6:47 p.m.
  • Biggrobb..."How is alcohol still legal????"

Because we tried to make it illegal and that idea sorta backfired. It was the first war on drugs and it worked out just about as well as the one we are presently fighting.

April 10, 2012 at 6:35 p.m.
  • I just love my drugs!!! I would not want to live a day with out them. I start taking them in the morning and don't quit until bed time. Weather at work or play I need my DRUGS! I don't want the synthetic I want the real thing...
    Give me my plavix and my Metformin and my blood pressure drugs. Can't live with out them.
    Not all drugs are harmful. The bath salts give you a buzz but at what price. Same with the synthetic pot. I say make the real stuff legal and you won't need the synthetic stuff. Both cocaine and forms of it and pot are both used as medicine. It is just the politicians that will not let it become legal like alcohol which kills daily. The cops are just doing what they are told to do by T.M. O`Connor. He is up for reelection and you can count on more actions like this. Last election he used the pedophile Gerald R.Graves Jr. to push him to glory. He will stop at nothing to get elected.

April 10, 2012 at 6:19 p.m.
  • Sorry but have to add one more thing, having raised three kids who are all married and self-sufficient for the most part, and whom all have children on their own, when people bring up kids using these types of drugs and or alcohol? And to blame society when they do? I mean really? When you decided to have sex and make your kids, whether in or out of wedlock? Another issue, your responsible for that minor and their behavior until that child is 18. That's the law. If your child is getting into the very things you dislike, your responsible, if your child is bitten by a chained up animal on someone elses property? Your responsible not the government, stop bringing minors into conversations to support your own lack of quality parenting? Is it always easy? Of course not, but what a minor child does is his or her parents job

April 10, 2012 at 6:13 p.m.
  • Smoking (tobacco) is legal and I don't do it....

April 10, 2012 at 5:01 p.m.
  • I'm not a user. Would I try some pot if it were legal? Probably. Would I burn a fortune trying to test out some crack or meth? Uh, No!

I have to buy gas, I don't have any extra money for fun.

The War on drugs... Hows that going anyway? Have we won yet? Are we winning? Is the end almost here? I haven't seen anything that looked like it's slowing down any. We do have some seriously entrenched federal agencies that require enormous amounts of money to fight this war.

Maybe someone can tell us how close we are to the end of this war.

April 10, 2012 at 4:33 p.m.
  • Prohibition creates black markets which create unintended dangers. When your kids get fried from taking some bad stuff a tweaker cooked up in a hotel room, you'll wish they'd had access to a little pot, whether synthetic or not. I don't fault local law enforcement for "doing their jobs" (Nuremberg defense?) in the War on Drugs — which creates violence where it wouldn't otherwise exist — but I do fault those who think gov't can protect us from ourselves. Our endless, unwinnable drug war has created a subclass of people who've had to creep & crawl in the shadows when the healthiest thing would be to provide help to those who've become threats to themselves or others without sending them to jail. Simply having access to cleaner drugs would go a long way toward protecting these people.

How many of you who don't use drugs (I'm one of you) would use drugs if they were legal?

April 10, 2012 at 4:19 p.m.
  • People need to stop calling people out on here everyone is subject to there opinions even if they are narrow minded comments but seriously keep your calm ...
    The truth of the matter is this stuff is obviously illegal now and the law enforcement are doing their jobs on fixing the matter they should not be dissed or hated in doing the right thing .. seriously synthetic drugs are still very harmful n the point us the law is trying to make it one step at a time to not make it available.
    Junkies are junkies they will find it other ways cause they have no self control over their own actions but making it more easier to supply habbits is wrongful.

THSNK YOU VICTORIA LAW ENFORCEMENT FOR YOUR EFFORTS!

April 10, 2012 at 4:16 p.m.
  • I'm glad that there are so many common sense citizens here, that realize you just cannot legislate morality!! And if people do not think that normal everyday hard working tax paying citizens do not abuse drugs, then why would a city the size of Victoria, have so many pharmacies?? It's very easy to get a legal prescription from a doctor, they have no way to know if your really in the distress that you say your in?? We live in an honor based society, and based on the 50 years I've lived, having experienced a lot, I've come to one conclusion, only 1/4 of society is working out, eating properly, and not bringing harm to themselves, by food, alcohol (is a drug) and drugs whether legally prescribed or illegally attained? The war on drugs is wrong morally, why do we want out peace officers in harms way, for a group of peole 3/4 of society, who do not care about themselves? And I've seen first hand what prescription meds can do to a normal persons mind???? But wait a doctor went to college, they are so above the law?? Lmao

April 10, 2012 at 3:41 p.m.
  • Very good point biggrob,the reason why its not illegal along with cigarettes is

1. if both were outlawed the economy would suffer so badly form the loss of revenue they put back into it

2. society is conditioned to think thats its ok because its legal and that everything not legal is bad for you because the media says so.

April 10, 2012 at 3:05 p.m.
  • Illegal is illegal, so the businesses needed to stop selling them. But since this stuff was apparently still legal 8 months ago, I don't agree with the raid.
    Sept. 1st brought numerous new laws on the books, some of which are vague and need clarification.
    This raid had to cost a huge amount, with 60 officers. Five months ago, when the investigation started, why couldn't they just had an officer show her/his badge and just tell the owners that it was now illegal to sell the stuff? Think of the money it would of saved the city and county. I'm not knocking the law enforcement here, but if it was up to me, I would of been more business friendly, and made sure they understood the new laws.

April 10, 2012 at 3:03 p.m.
  • Alcohol abuse kills some 75,000 Americans each year and shortens the lives of these people by an average of 30 years, a U.S. government study suggested in 2005........Light or moderate drinking can benefit a person’s health, but heavy drinking increases the risk of high blood pressure, heart disorders, certain cancers and liver disease.

How is alcohol still legal????

April 10, 2012 at 2:53 p.m.
  • Then what about people getting alcohol poisoning or drunk driving? you cant just ignore that it doesnt happen. Anything and everything can be abbused.

April 10, 2012 at 2:47 p.m.
  • So you people will just wait until a kid dies from these synthetic drugs to do something about it. Then ya'll will be hollaring it is the police's fault because they failed to get them off the market. No matter what law enforcement does, it's never good enough!

April 10, 2012 at 2:45 p.m.
  • msnurse33 please show me where people have died solely form taking these drugs. The reports of deaths ive seen are ones from people who tripped out too badly and did harm to themselves. Also please give me an example on how marijuana is dangerous,its actually less dangerous than tobacco and alcohol,and those things are legal. The 'war' on drugs is a sham and a complete waste of our tax dollars, there will never be an end to how us human self medicate ourselves,some choose alcohol while others prefer other means.

April 10, 2012 at 2:40 p.m.
  • msnurse--- How many deaths do you have linked to cocaine or drug wars? Why aren't we adressing the drive bys?,or home invasions, or the real criminals that actually are a threat to our safety? How is this either serving or protecting anyone?

April 10, 2012 at 1:43 p.m.
  • How does it make more sense to have the revenue go back to the street dealers and you know with that comes the violence when they battle for profits. I can promise you the money they make from this stuff is not small change. Decriminalize it, tax it, and put the street thugs out of business ( or at least that part of it ). People always have and always will self medicate. I would hate to wake up every morning and know that it was the best I was going to feel all day. : ) K I'm done

April 10, 2012 at 1:37 p.m.
  • Way to go ! These synthetic drugs are just as bad as the real thing. Lately there has been several deaths directly linked to these synthetic drugs. It is a small step in the right direction by shutting down these businesses that are selling this crap. So people, instead of griping about the way your tax payer money is being spent and criticizing the law enforcement personnel - stop for a moment and thank these people who are trying there best to serve and protect 365/24/7 ! It may be you that has to call 911 someday.

April 10, 2012 at 1:24 p.m.
  • Judging from the broad range of comments there must be another supply source out there for mind altering drugs. Or maybe there are some minds that altering might be a good thing. Some do not seem to read the article others read things in between the lines that we poor mortals can not see.

Has Sheriff O'Connor made any comment on the lack of inmate monitoring in our county jail? Things just happen there but 60 law enforcement are used to shut down illegal drug sales (good thing) and put them in jail (where they might come to harm).

April 10, 2012 at 11:04 a.m.
  • Not surprised. Its re-election time. He needed a big project to show he's doing a great job.

April 10, 2012 at 10:54 a.m.
  • Thankyou archiebonkers for being one of the few intellegent people on here! "society loves to live in altered states through one substance or another." is a perfect line,some people choose alcohol and some people prefer other substances.

April 10, 2012 at 10:49 a.m.
  • but with all due respect law enforcement is trying to keep us safe but the odds are stacked against them. society loves to live in altered states through one substance or another.

April 10, 2012 at 10:34 a.m.
  • you can order anything thing online.

April 10, 2012 at 10:30 a.m.
  • and the sellers of other dangerous drugs are enjoying the attention being paid to legal businesses.

April 10, 2012 at 10:28 a.m.
  • well I say use natural not synthetic.

April 10, 2012 at 10:26 a.m.
  • Ugottab, your argument makes no sense and it what everyone complains about with eskimo hut. but buying a drink there and drinking it in the car makes is no eaiser to drink and drive than buying a 6 pack and cracking one open in the car. Therefore your argument is invalid.

And yes khutson1 you are correct the pipes and papers are sold for tobbaco smoking,but just like anything else people will find different uses for them.

April 10, 2012 at 9:30 a.m.
  • Aren't the rolling papers and pipes for tobacco use???? Now I'm confused....what was your point???

April 10, 2012 at 9:24 a.m.
  • Here's something else for you to ponder....

There's a new store on Navarro close to detar that also sells ready to drink mixed drinks taped up in a clear plastic bag, now talk about skirting the law...as long a the person ordering is of legal age,they can buy.....you drive up, order your drink from the waitress,they bring it out to you in a sealed clear bag and you drive off and go home......YEA RIGHT, talk about making it easy to drink and drive and how about those in the car under age...graduation time is almost here and I can already see this place making a ki... um, alot of money.....just making it easy to drink and drive and not having to get out of the car.....

April 10, 2012 at 9:17 a.m.
  • Great Job VPD,you guys are really making it safer out there by busting small businesses in town. Forget all the meth labs,rapist,murders,bank robbers,drunk drivers. Bust small businesses is where the real crime is at! NOT. If yall think this is going to stop anything then you guys need to get real. Did prohibition of alcohol ever work? If some one wants to get high badly enough they will resort to any means nessecary. You can easily buy this stuff in Houston or the Internet from the comfort of your own home. What a coiencedence,first the sting operation on the motorcycles a few weeks ago,and now this bust. Looks like someone wants to make sure he gets reelected.

April 10, 2012 at 9:16 a.m.
  • FACT: More people die each year in this country from tobacco and alcohol than any synthetic product, X-rated movie, rolling papers, or pipes combined. Good grief, what a bunch of hypocrites we are.

April 10, 2012 at 8:38 a.m.
  • We need to take these laws a step further an arrest an detain fat people? They are hurting themselves, they are a burden on health services? Mcdonalds people should be arrested for selling lard in a bag? Lmao idiots!!

April 10, 2012 at 8:35 a.m.
  • So some of you would rather just let the laws of our state be broken; just have law enforcement turn a blind eye? So then those who care about laws being broken can complain that our local LEO's are not doing their job?

Some of you need to get a clue.

April 10, 2012 at 8:06 a.m.
  • Thank you Sherriff O'Connor for doing your job! There were many concerned citizens and family members that were affected by this pandemic and the users. The sad thing was, you couldn't drug test your loved one to get the truth out of them. If you haven't been lied to by the addicts/loved ones, you can't understand. At least now they will know it is illegal, they will be prosecuted, and we will not put up with the BS! I'm not naive enough to think this will stop the problem, but now it will be added to DARE cirriculum and there will be education materials provided. THANK YOU ALL for listening to the concerned citizens/family members!!! I am also a firm believer in complete freedom of choice, but don't lie about the choices you're making. Put your big-boy undies on and stand firm in those choices like a man. Don't lie and cower when you think you might be busted. ALSO the street dealers are what they are....these shops are liars too! If you're going to sell it as drugs, don't play dumb when the cops come knocking. They ARE criminals.

April 10, 2012 at 8:05 a.m.
  • These businesses live day to day buying/selling this stuff thru the loopholes. Yes the stuff was "legal" as of 5 months ago but were the shops actually notified?? im kinda both ways with this one but i do agree that the shelves need to be emptied of this synthetic junk!!! ALSO why were the customers detained?? seriously! give them a pat down and if nothing was found tell them to be on their way. easy!

April 10, 2012 at 7:54 a.m.
  • My hat is off to those in law enforcemant trying to protect people from themselfs. So, how do I find a list of all items that I should not have or purchase so I am not braking the law?

April 10, 2012 at 7:37 a.m.
  • Oldtimephoto- Kindly provide any evidence that County Commissions are in the process of of creating county regulations/laws to allow bath salts in the county.
    Somehow I missed that little tidbit of information.

April 10, 2012 at 6:47 a.m.
  • We should bring back prohibition?? After all alcohol is a drug legally sold in stores?

April 10, 2012 at 6:35 a.m.
  • Businesses should not be allowed to sell anything in regards to drugs ... synthetic drugs are harmful too. These shop owners im sure try to go thru loop holes to get these products also .. I dont think its safe for the access to be that simple I've grown up in Victoria n yes they say 18 n older but trust me I know tons of kids when I was younger who have baught. So u do not know who's getting there hands on this stuff.
    Yes they will probably go down n try to buy on the streets but hopefully that activity will be stopped one day soon. I give credit to law authority in trying to put n end to drug use. I show no sympathy for junkies or druggies ... my opinion ... im straight edge and my veiws on drugs are very stern

April 10, 2012 at 5:59 a.m.
  • So, you left the X Rated Adult Movies?

They are legal, but county commissioners are

in process of creating county regulations/laws to allow

bath salts in the county but not X rated movies. Hmmmmmmm

April 10, 2012 at 5:38 a.m.
  • Rednecks like to live in big glass house and throw stones!!!!! Idiots they should take their beer away??

April 10, 2012 at 2:52 a.m.
  • I feel that it is a sad day for the city of Victoria that citizens feel this is a waste of tax dollars. Wow... I am glad that we are getting this crap off the streets. One of these businesses is located directly across the street from an elementary school. Keep up the good work guys.

April 9, 2012 at 11:16 p.m.
  • Why not go into all the stores and confiscate all the cigars, rolling paper and pipes that are sold as tobacco pipes. Don't be a hypocrite O'Conner bust every store selling any type of pipes and rolling papers and there are a lot of them. Like someone said the street dealer is smiling and rubbing his hands ching ching, counting the money they gonna make thanks to Victoria's finest, way to go another big boo boo by the City.

April 9, 2012 at 11:12 p.m.
  • Just as big of a waste as stopping every hispanic on US59/77 and having the dog pollute their auto. O'Connor is headline hunting again. Give me a break.

April 9, 2012 at 10:39 p.m.
  • I too like TMO but this is a waste of time and tax dollars. Maybe drugs and dangerous, but there is no such thing a synthetic pot or coke.

April 9, 2012 at 10:33 p.m.
  • I don't think that Sheriff O'Connor needs to do any Hollywood actions to prove that he is a good sheriff worthy of re-election, He has already done that. He seems to me to be the best sheriff that Ive seen serve in the almost 30 years I have lived here.

April 9, 2012 at 10:23 p.m.
  • A very nice reelection campaign on the part of O' Connor. It is, however, not synthetic cocaine; it is much more similar to Ecstasy. Mephedrone was originally invented in 1929, but was unknown to the public until 2003. The reason for its reappearance is drug prohibition, which pushes the market into often more dangerous analogs. This investigation began five months ago, in September, when the US temporarily classified mephedrone as an illegal substance under the Federal Analog Act. The VPD and Sherriff's department have been waiting for a reason to close these stores down every since D&D first opened 12 years ago; these businesses do skirt the law. They did not just confiscate bath salts; they confiscated everything that could be considered paraphernalia; essentially putting these stores out of business. This required a huge amount of resources to execute; working from early in the morning, well into the night. Meanwhile, much more serious and real crimes go unattended.

April 9, 2012 at 9:46 p.m.
  • wow!!!!!!! way to go Victoria p.d. you really are cleaning up are streets of all the murderers child molesters crooked law officials and all the rest of the criminals in our streets. bath salts now that is a great bust. first let them sale it for a while then surprise them by kicking door and calling them the criminals. come on now. lets work on the real criminal cases and lock up the real criminals. bunch of Pansies.

April 9, 2012 at 9:28 p.m.

April 9, 2012 at 7:49 p.m.
  • Im sure the street level drug dealers are happt with this.

April 9, 2012 at 7:33 p.m.
  • A scary thought...is that now all these people that were buying this...which was apparently many...will now be heading to the streets again to get their fix...

April 9, 2012 at 6:59 p.m.
  • Let me spout for a bit...its seems this raid is perfect timing...the 'stuff' in question has been around...everyone knows it, that wanted to know it....of course the street stuff has been around also....re-election is coming up...so instead of dealing with current issues...like this idiotic sexual restriction ordinance and vicious dogs issue...which would certainly piss voting people off on both sides of the fence....and knowing they cant get rid of street drugs....they went after this...knowing a majority of the voting people would pat them on the back...as they are patting themselves on the back...also hoping people will forget the front page stories of bank robbery and in home invasion recently....I may be wrong...but its just my opinion...........yes...this stuff may be bad...Ill think about that while i go buy a half gal of Jack and a carton of cigs.......when...oh when will they realize that the 'war' was lost before it started??....educate and/or regulate is the sensible way.

April 9, 2012 at 6:56 p.m.
  • LOL They really think they are gonna slow this down.....Drive to a hundred places in Houston or any other big city and get all you want. What a waste of resources.... Go bust some of these gangbanger thugs like real police do.

April 9, 2012 at 6:11 p.m.