This week's fishing report
- 1 unverified comment
Thank you for your submission.Error report or correction
• BOLIVAR: Trout are fair to good on the south shoreline on soft plastics and plugs. Black drum and redfish are good at Rollover Pass.
• TRINITY BAY: Trout are good for drifters working pods of shad and mullet on Bass Assassins, Trout Killers and Sand Eels. Redfish are good at the spillway on crabs and mullet. Catfish are good in the marsh on shrimp.
• EAST GALVESTON BAY: Trout are fair to good on the south shoreline on topwaters and soft plastics on the incoming tide. Whiting and sand trout are good on the edge of the Intracoastal on fresh shrimp.
• TEXAS CITY: Redfish are fair in Moses Lake on shrimp and mullet. Sand trout and a few black drum are fair in the channel off the dike.
• WEST GALVESTON BAY: Sheepshead, redfish and black drum are good at the jetty on shrimp and crabs. Bull redfish and sharks are good on the beachfront on natural baits.
• FREEPORT: Sand trout and sheepshead are good on live shrimp on the reefs in Christmas Bay. Black drum and redfish are fair to good at San Luis pass on cracked blue crabs.
• EAST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are fair to good for drifters on live shrimp over humps and scattered shell. Redfish are fair to good on the edge of the Intracoastal on crabs and mullet.
• WEST MATAGORDA BAY: Redfish are fair to good in Oyster Lake on shrimp. Trout are fair on shell and grass on soft plastics.
• PORT O'CONNOR: Trout and redfish are fair on topwaters over mud and grass in San Antonio Bay. Trout and redfish are fair for drifters working the back lakes with live shrimp.
• ROCKPORT: Black drum are fair to good in the Lydia Ann Channel on crabs. Trout are fair over grass while drifting with live shrimp and Gulps.
• PORT ARANSAS: Black drum are fair in the Shrimpboat Channel on crabs and finger mullet. Redfish and sheepshead are fair to good at the jetty on shrimp. Trout are beginning to show at the jetty as well.
• CORPUS CHRISTI: Redfish are fair to good around Shamrock Cove on small topwaters and spoons. Trout are fair to good on the edge of the spoils on Gulps and live shrimp.
• BAFFIN BAY: Trout are fair to good in mud and grass on Corkies and topwaters. Redfish are good while casting to sand holes along the shorelines. Trout are fair to good on the King Ranch shoreline on topwaters, Bass Assassins, Sand Eels and Trout Killers.
• PORT MANSFIELD: Trout are fair to good on topwaters around sand and grass holes and along ICW spoils. Redfish are fair to good while drifting pot holes.
• SOUTH PADRE: Trout and redfish are fair to good on the edge of the Intracoastal on DOA Shrimp and Gulps. Jack crevalle, redfish, sheepshead and trout are fair to good at the jetty on live bait.
• PORT ISABEL: Snook are fair in the Brownsville Ship Channel on free-lined shrimp. Trout and redfish are fair to good in South Bay on live shrimp. Redfish are fair while drifting sand and grass flats on live shrimp and Gulps.
COMPILED BY BINK GRIMES