Friday, December 19, 2014




Advertise with us

Small fire forces evacuation at Family Dollar (Video)

By ErinPradia
April 14, 2012 at 4:02 p.m.
Updated April 14, 2012 at 11:15 p.m.


A Family Dollar store was evacuated Saturday after a fire originated in the women's bathroom.

No injuries were reported.

Assistant manager Amanda Licon said she called 911 as smoke filled the store in the 1700 block of North Navarro Street at 1:33 p.m.

The smoke appeared to be coming from the women's bathroom, she said.

Officers from the Victoria Police Department evacuated the building before the Victoria Fire Department arrived on scene, said Sgt. Jason Turner.

When the fire department arrived, smoke was coming out of the north side of the building, said Battalion Chief Shannon Martin.

The fire, which started in the exhaust fan in the women's bathroom, did not spread beyond the bathroom, Martin said.

The building sustained minimal fire damage in the bathroom and no damage throughout the rest of the building, Martin said.

SHARE

Comments


Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia