Thursday, November 27, 2014




Advertise with us

Repairs to gas compressor continue

By ErinPradia
April 20, 2012 at 7:01 p.m.
Updated April 19, 2012 at 11:20 p.m.


A cracked pipeline is believed to be the cause of a natural gas fire in a gas compressor on Dreyer Lane, near Mission Valley, on Wednesday.

Firefighters closed off pipelines leading to and from the compressor shortly after the fire started, said Victoria County Fire Marshal Ron Pray.

The fire, which started about 3:20 p.m., was monitored by the Victoria Fire Department, Quail Creek, Nursery and Mission Valley volunteer fire departments monitored until the natural gas in the pipelines completely burned out about 9 p.m., Pray said.

Repairs began Thursday morning to the areas of the compressor damaged by fire.

The Railroad Commission has concluded its investigation, Pray said. One of the repairmen found a crack in one of the pipelines, which Pray said was most likely the cause of the fire.

"Everything is safe in the area, all though everything is still shut down until they get all the repairs made," Pray said.

SHARE

Comments


Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia