Home » Race card is overused in shooting case » Unverified Comments

Comments

• "Maybe it's the ski mask and AK-47 that gives them away. Mask = Bad guy. No mask = neighborhood watch."
    Thats the best line I've read on here in a long time. Funny and true.

May 1, 2012 at 9:37 a.m.
  • Jasonb,

I don't know where you live but I hope it's somewhere in my neighborhood.
    I too am very vigilant because we've had vandalism. Nothing to the degree of the many "home burgularies" such as in Zimmermans neighborhood but things like - a twerp shooting out windshields with a pelletgun, girls cutting donuts in yards, or an idiot "bodyslamming" garagedoors.
    So when I see something "out of place" I will keep an eye open. Unlike some on this board that evidently look the other way hoping it will go away.

May 1, 2012 at 7:54 a.m.
  • Itisi.

Character? Character you say? Your post reminds me of an old Billy Goat who told me not to get married and have kids. How can a person tell me what I should do with life, my family when he can’t stay MARRIED? I rather have marriage and relationship advice from Bobby Brown and Ike Turner before that creep. The same logic is applies to you, ITISI. How can you talk about anyone’s Character when you hide behind a computer screen? HUH? Can you answer me that? You see my posts with my real name because I have CHARACTER TO BACK UP MY STATEMENTS!!!

As for that Redistribution of Wealth you keep on harping about, have been around for centuries!!! Long before you, me, or Barack Obama existed. This AREA, this God forsaken area is based on Redistribution of Wealth. Y’all heavily favored Reagan Reagan’s trickle-down economics. You also have area Country club types and soccer moms, who you vote for because they have a “R” next to their name, spend money like Sailors in a New Orleans Cat House. Can you say Rick Perry, Geanie Morrison, John Cornyn? When 10% rules 90% then that is redistribution of wealth!!!!!

April 27, 2012 at 6:43 p.m.
  • I knew when I walked into this it wouldn't be easy. Not a problem, I've had kids and understand how difficult it can be to have adult conversations.

Hey, rumor has it there is a guy copying posts and keeping them for later use. I think he thinks it is some kind of leverage he has over other posters. LOL! Having leverage on a Vicad chat board? That's funny right.

April 27, 2012 at 6:21 p.m.
  • What happened to that "act like a criminal" standard we heard earlier? Now it's a wave hello. I do that often but I have not managed to refine the art of knowing a persons intentions by reading thier behaviour. Maybe it's the ski mask and AK-47 that gives them away. Mask = Bad guy. No mask = neighborhood watch.

April 27, 2012 at 5:04 p.m.
  • Well since I don't keep track (have copies) of other posters previous writings like some here claim to have, let's just say you and your buddies weren't fighting real hard to get off the Al Sharpton merry go round.

Accosting??? Thats a pretty good leap away from waving and saying hello with a smile don't you think? I think it's better to say, I know what my normal neighbors and neighborhood look like. If I see anything different that I deem a threat I will call 911. If you want to somehow manipulate that into a need to eliminate juries, well I certainly can't stop you.

What is a TECLOSE? I actually searched for it but came up empty.

Someone earlier tried to insinuate that "some of us(he used the word us like he is talking for everyone else) "don't need manuals to carry on our daily lives or to justify a fantasy". LMAO!!!
    Let him know that If you took his internet (manual) away his political knowledge would drop by 95 percentage points, his republican bashing blogs would come to a screaching halt, and I can assure you his daily life wouldn't carry on at all. If you talk to him, explain that I understand that it's in his nature to try and twist things to make them work the way he needs them to.
    Let him know he has entered a "No spin zone". I borrowed that from Bill O'Reilly btw.

April 27, 2012 at 4:01 p.m.
  • I really did not make any assumptions. From the beginning I have said an armed adult shot and killed an unarmed minor. You, on the other hand seem to be obsessed with interfering in a innocent citizen's right to travel where they choose as long as they do not behave in a way that you consider criminal. Your selection process would seem to eliminate the need for Law Enforcement or the Justice system.

"He looked like a criminal so I had to defend myself and find him guilty". Just some food for thought. By accosting people to satisfy your pretense that you can spot a bad guy every time you may find there or some that will ignore you at best and at worst feel threatened and "Hello O.K. Corral". Once you get your TECLOSE please advise the court that there is no longer a need for them pesky juries. You took care of the ones that "acted like a criminal".

April 27, 2012 at 2:52 p.m.
  • You are welcome to assume anything you want. You know, kind of the way you made all those assumptions early on in the Trayvon shooting.
    You are welcome in my neighborhood. Just don't act like a criminal and you will be fine.
    I ask strangers all the time, "Where do you live"? They aren't offended, don't attack me, and none have ever felt as if I was trying to interrogate them. Oh here is a helpful hint: It will help if you precede this with a friendly smile or wave. Based on what I've seen here you and Mike should practice this for a few days before attempting it on others on the street.

I'm not saying this happened anywhere but if one of my neighbors or myself are ever attacked and the attacker gets shot and dies, I will
    sleep very well that night.

BTW, this is really weird so read with caution. It sounds like one of your buddies on this website might be keeping some kind of track of what other people write so he can use it against them later. Yeah, I know, kind of Schizo right!

April 27, 2012 at 11:04 a.m.
  • vet43
    Some of us don't need manuals to carry on our daily lives or to justify a fantasy.

April 27, 2012 at 10:40 a.m.
  • jasonb,

So we may assume your Neighborhood Watch philosophy is armed intervention? Kind of a throw back to "Kill-em all and let God sort them out".

Our neighbors are safe. Please do not protect us. The VPD is very competent.

April 27, 2012 at 9:59 a.m.
  • Writen,
    I’ll put it to you like this, I do not like President Obama, and it has nothing to do with the color of his skin. It’s about his character, in my opinion he is not of good moral character, when he bashes wealth, success, oil companies, and anyone that makes over $250,000. He believes in redistribution wealth and takes my hard earned money then gives to someone else that does not have the courage or the will power to create their own success; he believes that government should be at your every beckon call. He takes no responsibility for his actions, continues to blame others for his own failures, by golly he wanted the job, and he got job, as you would say, he needs to man up. A recent example of his character is the people he has appointed to position such as the Head of the EPA Regional office in Dallas that has made statements, and using words like “crucify” people and oil companies in order to get their attention. Yes, I question the president’s character, if these are the type of people you want working for our government then I question your character. The president has made statements that he wanted to bankrupt Coal Company’s back in 2008 and before then. The president had no business making any statement about Mr. Martin, knowing dang well that tension were already high over that young man’s death, it was a political stunt you know and I know it. Writen, you did come to the conclusion that I was racist, and along with the folks of Stanford Fl. You also said, I was not there, well by golly neither were you… I merely pointed out an article that might shed some light on Mr. Zimmerman and his back ground, and he may not be the monster you and others have made him out to be. As far as me shutting my mouth, I’ll stick that in my pocket for another day, but I’ll remind you I have an opinion just like you do…

April 27, 2012 at 8:31 a.m.
  • Arming myself can be found here http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/administ...

Stopping anyone - I have done that before and you can too.
    Did Z-man actually stop and confront Trayvon?

April 27, 2012 at 8:08 a.m.
  • JasonB,

Did you find a section in the Neighbor Watch Manual that suggests you arm yourself and stop anyone you don't know?

April 27, 2012 at 7:54 a.m.
  • Writen, I don't kknow what to tell you, you're like talking to a fence-post, a mad at that...

April 27, 2012 at 7:13 a.m.
  • Here is a little more from the VPD website... I guess there a lot of us paranoid people out there

* Be watchful for suspicious persons and activities in your neighborhood.
    * Alert the police when you have knowledge of a crime.
    * Don’t be afraid to get involved. The police and your neighbors will thank you.

I'm still looking but I haven't seen anything about "barbed wire, armed guards, and having to show your paper's if you cross the street".
    It must be in this neighborhood watch program somewhere, I'll keep looking.
    If you find it please let me know or send a link. LOL!

April 27, 2012 at 7:07 a.m.
  • I'm sure your neighbors appreciate your lack of concern for them. I on the other hand understand that criminals do exist. They prey on people that pretend they aren't there. If over the course of a lifetime I happen to notice one criminal doing something wrong before he/she does it, then I'm happy with that.
    I watch my neighborhood and so do my neighbors. You call it paranoia, we call it smart. But then again we are mostly republicans. Taking care of others is what we do. Pay attention, you could learn something.

A little tidbit from VPD's website for those that think they are alone on the planet and others don't matter... Ignorance is obviously not bliss

THE CONCEPT OF NEIGHBORHOOD WATCH
    Neighborhood Watch is much more than adding and using good locks. It is more of a state of mind or a level of awareness, because you are the extra eyes and ears to detect crime in your neighborhood. Criminals are always interested in where the police are. In a good Neighborhood Watch, criminals will also be leary of the homeowners because they know the homeowners are watchful and will be prepared to act by reporting to the police and their neighbors.

April 27, 2012 at 5:41 a.m.
  • Itisi.
    Here you go again. First of all, I have a mind of my own. I do think for myself without outside help or hindrance, if someone try they would be attacked. I hate Al Sharpton anyway and you ALREADY knew this, so why make a lame attempt to suggest I am following PIMP PREACHERS? Huh can you answer that? I never suggest you were racist, if I did I would call you one months ago, so why all the sudden you said you weren’t? Just because one black person is commander-in-chief doesn’t mean I should put on rose colored glasses like you and others and talk trash.
    Let’s go there, soon as that black president came in view first there was the birther issue, the Marxist issue, and now he is accused of starting a “race war” over Trayvon Martin. Last Year, many of y’all wouldn’t even be MAN ENOUGH to tip your hat to him when OSAMA BIN LIDEN GOT BLOWN TO HELL!! I tell you what…I AM SICK OF IT!!!! Unlike many of y’all, I don’t hide behind the computer screen in anonymity. Your character is below mine, when you try to make a liar out of me over my personal experiences. If you weren’t there than be quiet. You are not enititled to change the fact especially events in my personal history.

Mr. J. Williams

April 26, 2012 at 8:04 p.m.
  • JasonB,

Got it! You were tooting your horn! Must have been a warning to keep the ignorant off the tracks. Thanks.

April 26, 2012 at 7:51 p.m.
  • So you can be arrested for walking the street and not having any ID on you but you can go and cast a vote without a ID, help me understand this logic. And if Zimmerman gets off, get ready for the same thing that took place in LA after the Rodney King verdict! And we will revisit this conversation if and and when that takes place. Look at what happened to the man in Alabama that was beaten and hospitalized after he told some kids to get out of the street, They then told him that his beating was for "Trayvon Martin". If the black panthers put a bounty on Zimmermans head before he was arrested just imagine the chaos after he is aquitted. I wonder who will be the Reginald Denny of 2012?

April 26, 2012 at 7:27 p.m.
  • Writen,
    I ware my own shoes thank you very much, why in the heck would I ever try and walk in your shoes? Where is your proof? THIS IS NOT 1962 WRITEN! It is 2012 and we have a BLACK PRESIDENT so what is your problem? I do not have a racist bone in my body and never have had… It is about character nothing more nothing less… The Al Sharpton’s are screwing with you and your buying into that 60’s crap…

April 26, 2012 at 6:26 p.m.
  • Itisi.

Maybe you should put on my shoe and walk a mile, if not keep your mouth shut.

Mr. J. Williams

April 26, 2012 at 6:06 p.m.
  • vet43,
    The train I'm on moves fast. either get on board or get left at the station. The one I was talking to is very aware of what the head spinner means..

April 26, 2012 at 5:43 p.m.
  • I would like to know why democrats are so inflamed over having to show an ID in order to VOTE. However democrats do have a documented history of voter fraud. You cannot do anything in this country without an ID card of some type. So what in the heck is the issue, do the democrats have something to hide? What is so dang difficult about pulling out an ID when it comes time to VOTE? I truly believe the ID keeps honest folks honest and the so not honest at bay.

April 26, 2012 at 5:30 p.m.
  • Come on Writen that is stinking BS and you know it...

April 26, 2012 at 5:27 p.m.
  • Itisi.

Since when questioning becomes race baiting? As for me, I SEE THINGS THOUGH PERSONAL EXPREINCES!!!!! You and others love deinal and wear rose colored glasses daily.

Zimmerman may or maynot be racist, but many of his supporters are. Here is one thing you and others keep on avoiding is the racial tension prior to the shooting in Stanford, FL.

Mr. J. Williams

April 26, 2012 at 5:12 p.m.
  • Labahia,
    I don’t know how you come to the conclusion this is a race issue. Although I do assume you are one of those that have convicted Mr. Zimmerman without due process, sounds to me a lot like the Al Sharpton’s in area of race baiters…

April 26, 2012 at 5 p.m.
  • Jason borune aka David Webb.

Based on personal expreinces it is the former not the latter. I hope you relay that to your clueless friend on here.

April 26, 2012 at 4:49 p.m.
  • vet43
    I'm sorry for getting of topic in a chat I had writein---.3 posts down but that's what he picked up on.

My fault,I got off topic.

April 26, 2012 at 4:02 p.m.
  • Jasonb,

Your last post was a head spinner. How does your statement tie into the race card?

April 26, 2012 at 3:54 p.m.
  • I wonder which is correct???

The "GOP trying to make it more difficult for students, minorities, and old people" (your words).

or the "Democrats wanting voter fraud" (other posters words )?

April 26, 2012 at 2:28 p.m.
  • labahia

I guess it comes down to the level of paranoia a person has... I stand by my statement that we're not Beirut, Lebanon where it's customary to have barbed wire, armed guards, and having to show your paper's if you cross the street.

I've lived to be 67 years old without looking at everyone in my neighborhood suspiciously or even looking for things out of the ordinary. I walk or ride my bike nearly everyday and I don't expect to be stopped. The thought to being extra cautious never enters my mind. Of course things are different today, because we're suffering from growing pains, more people the more likelihood of crime but I will continue to roll- the -dice and I certainly don't need vigilantes to make me feel safer. That's just me; I don't pretend to speak for everyone.

Just like after 911, paranoia led to the buying of more guns, more liberal gun laws, gated communities and racial profiling.

I agree, the defense will and should make George Zimmerman an all American neighbor but the forensic evidence and expert testimony will probably determine his innocence or guilt.

I'm still wondered why a civilian photographer was allowed to photograph George Zimmerman's head just moments after the murder. I would've thought that the police would have sealed off that area. I'll guess we'll find out.

April 26, 2012 at 2:10 p.m.
  • writein

It goes a little beyond that because I wrote a voter ID blog on Sept.14,2011,the VA staff wrote a couple on the subject in March, another blogger wrote one in Feb of this year and now Alton's blog. That's a total of five blogs (not counting letters & columnists threads) with the same posters submitting the same answers and someone comes to a conclusion of "Democrats want voter fraud."..That's what we are dealing with...Truth is, unless you live under a rock, we should all know that the undocumented live in the shadows and certainly would not leave their hiding place to come vote illegally just because a democrat told them to..You see, Victoria has a certain amount of registered voters and it's easy to see when you exceed that amount.. I just heard that if all the minorities voted in Texas, this state would instantly become a purple state.....I believe only 51% of minorities are registered to vote compared to ~62 % of non minorities...The GOP sees that and they are smart to try and capitalize on that by making it difficult for students, minorities and the elderly to vote because they see the handwriting on the wall......It's not only in Texas, this is a GOP coordinated effort to stop those that voted for Obama in 2008.

We are getting off message but and I wanted to answer your question. We're not exchanging information; all we end up doing is posting preconceived unsubstantiated opinions.

April 26, 2012 at 1:46 p.m.
  • As a poster suggested, I just read “George Zimmerman: Prelude to a shooting” by Chris Francescanin and the last five sentences summed it up for me; He thought Trayvon Martin was one of the thieves targeting his neighborhood, took matters into his own hand and killed the guy. There's a lot of unknown fact from the time Zimmerman first saw Trayvon, and the time he killed him. What that was is for the courts to decide. The article states that Zimmerman bought the handgun because of a menacing pit bull, Zimmerman was a good neighbor, his grandma babysat black girls, and he was a choir boy. None of that changes the last five sentences of the story, nor my belief that if Trayvon had been a white kid in a Polo tee shirt, Zimmerman would never of paid him a second glance.
    With that said, some seem to believe that since black kids were known to be breaking into homes in the area, that gave Zimmerman a reason to suspect Trayvon, just based on him being a young black. But without any probable cause to suspect him, that's what makes this a race thing.
    Minorities should have the same right as whites to walk down a street without being harassed.

April 26, 2012 at 1:28 p.m.
  • I agree, "we should all have the right to walk down a street without being questioned by a neighborhood watch or police". We all know that is the farthest thing from reality... or it should be. In a crime free environment, this may be a good idea. I'm going to need someone to direct me to this crime free environment?
    I watch my neighborhood all the time for anyone or anything that doesn't look right to me. A person walking through my neighborhood may cause me to watch them closer or ignore them based simply on their appearance. I have been called by neighbors at 4 am that simply saw a different paper delivery vehicle moving slowly through trying to locate the right houses. I appreciate that call.
    From a Google search of "what does a neighborhood watch do"?
    A neighborhood watch is based on a commitment to keeping an eye on your neighbor's property and reporting suspicious people or activities to the police.
    I think following a suspicious person or asking them what they are doing in your neighborhood is not against the law nor should it be. I believe the police would rather you call them or you could end up with what we have here. A situation that escalated to an unfortunate death. It was initially portrayed to us and had the appearance of vigilant justice. Sadly that was the one side of the story situation taking control. Accepting one side of any story has always proven to be a terrible way to find the truth. Those that have done it here and continue to do it here know who they are. If that works for you then I say good luck with that.
    If this goes to trial at some point we should get to see the evidence and make up our own minds as to what occurred that night. I haven't determined Z-man to be guilty or innocent yet but I certainly have enjoyed providing an opposing view to those that have.

I firmly believe that Z-man is in deep trouble even if the evidence is good enough to prove without question he was attacked, did in fact fear for his life, and took action to defend himself.

April 26, 2012 at 12:40 p.m.
  • Mike.

I assume you are talking about someone who is named after a 'beer.' He needs to buy a clue and stop trying to put words in people's mouths. Every clue have been presented to him, yet he plays the victim card about Voter ID. I vote since 2000 in three counties, Walker, Washington, and my home county. I always presented an ID.Voter ID laws are nothing but to hinder people from voting out people in power in Texas. They should be mighty careful in they say.
    Instead of admitting some facts, they play games. Two posters want me banned, one former one is stalking famly members, and others rather play the victim\race card, when cornered. These supposed to be grown men?

Mr. J. Williams

April 26, 2012 at 12:35 p.m.
  • I read the article. It was very interesting and painted a broad picture of Mr. Zimmerman and the area crime history. True, it does give light to many details leading up to the tragic event.

One thing that it can't do is pull the bullet out of Mr. Martin's chest and put it back in Mr. Zimmerman's gun. Somehow there will always be people that think that the death was caused by others actions in the past but in fact it was set in motion when Mr. Zimmerman stepped out of his vehicle with a firearm.

April 26, 2012 at 12:21 p.m.
  • I suggest to all reading the “George Zimmerman: Prelude to a shooting” by Chris Francescani w/Reuters that is if you want some facts and background information on Mr. Zimmerman. It might change the opinion of some, but for most it will not.

April 26, 2012 at 11:43 a.m.
  • Well I don't see where you have a recent blog to steal from..:-)..Besides I don't know what point I brought out that you liked..It did give me a chance to proof read my proof where I said "smoking mirrors " where it should have been smoke and mirrors.

I believe you will have similar feeling about my next blog entry but mine will be about an article I read in yesterday's Houston Chronicle.

The Pink Coat Mob will go right over the head of many (including me) because of who you are dealing with...One poster said " Ok,I've summarized all the posts and the Dems are in favor of voter fraud ,one is selective about information they post because several GOP operatives have been sent to jail for voter suppression and that's what voter ID is...A bit off subject but it hits on the point I am trying to make.

A lot of posters care less about the subject;they are only interested in the game of ad hominem attacks....researched counter arguments are never considered.

April 26, 2012 at 11:36 a.m.
  • Mike.

You stole one of my points for a blog. LOL. its all good at least you bought up that part. YET I see no one bringing up the MINK COAt MOB!!

April 26, 2012 at 11:08 a.m.
  • It strikes me that the most extreme views of racial strife come from groups on the fringe of society that have a deep need to build walls to protect their "Purity".

Truth is mankind specimens of pure racial DNA has become very rare. There is a high percentile of the human bell shaped curve that is bi or multiracial. Then some poorly educated individuals confuse ethnic or cultural aspect with race.

God made man in his own image and some folks just feel they are more God like than others.

April 26, 2012 at 10:12 a.m.
  • A jury has not been selected, I believe voir dire is still in its initial stages, yet I see where some are trying to say that some people are not smart enough to look at the evidence and determine innocent or guilty. A less favorable verdict will immediately result in a racial riot. First of all, we have what 200 posters or so and let's say 5 or 6 get their information from constant drip of negative chatter, so I wouldn't put too much stock on their opinion.

So today this is all about riots, I guess the opposition has to counter with lynchings, since history is not a one-way street, and the cycle goes on and on. In politics that's known as " smoking and mirrors" meaning I don't like the way things are going nor do I have anything constructive to add, so I will change the subject to give me the upper hand. It seems those people are trying to have it both ways, a riot if Zimmerman is acquitted and an "victim of circumstances” if found guilty.

The cycle continues everyday where Sean Hannity will do a little race baiting to excite his viewers and Ed Schultz will show a clip of it to his viewers to keep the hostilities and ratings up. Do they start riots? No, but terrorism by a single individual can be devastating.

I'm in no way blaming Michael Savage, Sean Hannity, Ed Schultz, Keith Olbermann or Rachel Maddow for the actions of individuals but this is a single isolated case where "Police found right-wing political books, brass knuckles, empty shotgun shell boxes and a handgun in the Powell home of a man who said he attacked a church in order to kill liberals "who are ruining the country," court records show" shows that some don't need much to go over the edge.

"Inside the house, officers found "Liberalism is a Mental Health Disorder" by radio talk show host Michael Savage, "Let Freedom Ring" by talk show host Sean Hannity, and "The O'Reilly Factor," by television talk show host Bill O'Reilly.

One thing is without dispute; Trayvon Martin is not on trial because he never committed a crime that fatal night. We should all have the right to walk home without being questioned by a neighbor watch or the police. I have enough confidence in myself to watch the trial, look at evidence and if it concludes that George Zimmerman was not guilty, I will say I'm wrong. I also think most of the citizens of Sanford, Florida will feel the same way. Example, if my son was accused of a crime, and he told me he was innocent, I would be inclined to take his side and be angry at his accusers. My anger wound turn to him if the evidence proved him guilty.

April 26, 2012 at 9:47 a.m.
  • Writein..."You missed a riot.

USS Kitty Hawk Race riot/Mutiny, 1972.

A large group of black sailors ran amok the ship in the early morning hours beating on white sailors."

Oops. Sorry about that. I certainly want to give credit where credit is due. I'm glad you cleared up that detail for the rest of us.

April 26, 2012 at 6:30 a.m.
  • Kash.

Oh dont worry about that. IT WILL BE ON A BLOG!!! You just have to be patient. By the way I am talking about conservative white guys on the radio creating near panic or riots. I demand answers from those who skip questions in the past.

April 25, 2012 at 11:01 p.m.
  • Wayward,
    You missed a riot.

USS Kitty Hawk Race riot/Mutiny, 1972.

April 25, 2012 at 10:59 p.m.
  • Some one who keeps demanding others to answer questions, never posted the video of people rioting after listening to Rush, Beck, or Hannity.

April 25, 2012 at 10:33 p.m.
  • Okay, J...I went to Google and keyed in "Race riots in America." The list I copied was from Wikipedia. The Seattle riot was not a race riot. It was a protest about the World Trade Organization Ministerial Conference and it turned violent. It wasn't on the list from Wikipedia because it wasn't racial in nature. Neither was the one in Philidelphia. That was a celebration of a World Series win by the Phillies. Again, it wasn't included in the list of race riots. I only went back as far as the MLK assassination in 1968. I'll let you discuss and explain any others. Go for it.

The reason I specifically asked for race riots from Google was what YOU wrote: "The last major race Outside of La was the national wide one after MLK's murder."

I THOUGHT you meant the last race riot outside of LA and you just left out a word. THAT is why I asked for race riots since King's death.

Anyway, J, it's been a long day and I've got other things to do. You have a good night and try to not be so mad all the time.

April 25, 2012 at 8:15 p.m.
  • Waywardwind.

You think you deserved a clap. Like I said it cuts both ways. Why is it you never reply to Mike's response to yours? It is because its true and you have nothing to stand on? ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!!! Plus why is all of the riots are black or Latino?? MMMMM Why hadn't you add the riots in Seattle 1999, Philly 2008, OK city, 1925, or Rosewood FL???? Come on, Waywarwind answer the questions.

April 25, 2012 at 7:10 p.m.
  • Writein..."That history angle you play cuts both ways. The last major race Outside of La was the national wide one after MLK's murder. By the way, why hadn't you answer the question?"

That history angle that cuts both ways? Well J, let's take a peek just since MLK died:

1968: Baltimore riot of 1968 (Baltimore, Maryland)
    1968: Chicago (April 1968) (Chicago, Illinois)
    1968: Louisville riots of 1968 (Louisville, Kentucky)
    1968: 1968 Washington, D.C. riots (Washington, D.C.)
    1969: 1969 York Race Riot (York, Pennsylvania
    1969: Stonewall riots (Greenwich Village neighborhood, Manhattan, New York City, New York)
    1970: May 11th Race Riot (Augusta, Georgia)
    1970: Jackson State killings (Jackson, Mississippi)
    1971: Camden Riots (Camden, New Jersey)
    1972-1977: Escambia High School riots (Pensacola, Florida)
    2001: Cincinnati riots (Cincinnati, Ohio): In a reaction to the acquittal of Steven Roach after the fatal shooting of an unarmed young black male, Timothy Thomas, during a foot pursuit, riots broke out over the span of a few days.
    2003: Benton Harbor riots (Benton Harbor, Michigan)
    2005: 2005 Toledo Riot (Toledo, Ohio): A race riot that broke out after the Neo-Nazi protest marched through a black neighborhood.
    2006: Fontana High School riot (Fontana, California): Riot involving about 500 Latino and black students[48]
    2006: Prison Race Riots (California): A war between Latino and black prison gangs set off a series of riots across California[49][50]
    2008: Locke High School riot[51] (Los Angeles, California)
    2009: 2009 Oakland Riots (Oakland, California): Peaceful protests turned into rioting after the fatal shooting of an unarmed black man, Oscar Grant, by a BART transit policeman.

Gee, J, there seem to be a bunch of riots since 1968 that happened in places other than Los Angeles.

Answer which question, J? I answered your question about accordingly to whom. I said accordingly to history. See above.

J, my shoes fit just fine. I don't need to walk in someone else's.

And, J....I'm glad YOU won't be rioting.

April 25, 2012 at 6:53 p.m.
  • Mike.

Thank you for saying that. History cuts both ways, I hope Waywardwind can get a clue on this. It almost seem to me most conservatives want a riot mainly those in the media. Some people should be taught how the cow ate the cabbage and stop being clueless. Let me say this too, some folks should shut up and wear the shoes of the next man.

April 25, 2012 at 4:27 p.m.
  • Waywardwind.

April 25, 2012 at 4:18 p.m.
  • LOL!!!

A little left hook here, a little jab there. Good job!

Insanity plea??? OK, I didn't see that one coming but it was a nice lead in for a few more jabs at Z-mans past.

I think maybe Moynihans borrowed a large portion of that quote, but I'll let that slide.

Otherwise a pretty good post but IMO not as good as swww's 7:25 or shadows 10:42.

April 25, 2012 at 11:25 a.m.
  • Let me see this case has gone from nothing to see here, let the jury decide and now it's down to speculation.

Several have said that there will be riots; I guess it was meant to imply it's what those people do. I mean why did they march across the Selma Bridge when they knew they were going to be beaten and jailed, then why did they insist on being served at a Woolworth when they knew the consequences? Why did Occupy Wall Street or the Tea Party ever emerge? Until you take a step in their shoes.

Since speculation is in order, I think if the evidence is overwhelmingly against George Zimmerman, his lawyer might try for an insanity plea. After all, when he was 21 he assaulted a police officer, was fired from a security job for being too aggressive, and did graduate from an anger management course. There is also a history of the guilty trying to short-circuit the system.

This case will be televised and will be literally viewed by the world. George Zimmerman has a top notch defense lawyer and the same can be said for the prosecution. Their professional reputations will be at stake, so they won't give in to special interest because the evidence will be displayed for all to see. That's what our justice system is all about. I think some are trying to lay down groundwork of excuses for their agenda, before the trial begins.

This case will also be about whether a person with a gun can provoke a fight and still use the self -defense plea. Florida will also reconsider whether a neighborhood watch on patrol can be armed. The state will also look at their gun laws because George Zimmerman was allowed to own a gun because after he assaulted a police officer (felony) he took some anger management courses and reduced it to a misdemeanor, allowing him to carry a gun. I didn't mean to turn this into a gun control thread; I am just providing other reasons for people to be interested in this case. It's not totally about race...The Florida legislators will be tuned in to this case.

For those saying that the Sanford police were intimidated into bringing charges; nothing could be further from the truth. A Sanford detective thought he had enough evidence to bring charges the first night. Since then, the Sanford City Council passed a vote of no confidence on police chief, Bill Lee. The original prosecutor was replaced and a new prosecutor brought charges. The FBI re-investigated the shooting, the procedures the police used, and they will make their evidence public at the trial.

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.”

Daniel Patrick Moynihan

April 25, 2012 at 9:49 a.m.
  • Writein..."Mass riots accordingly to whom? Seems you favor the doomsday style of thinking from Glenn Beck."

"Accordingly" to history. Like I told Vet, I hope I'm wrong. And, YOU are the one who seems to listen to Glenn Beck. I don't. I know who he is but I don't listen to him.

April 25, 2012 at 6:41 a.m.
  • Vet...I'm not gonna share the numbers. Remember, I'm selfish. :)

In this particular case, no, I don't think the jury is needed. I believe Zimmerman will be sacrificed on the alter of avoiding riots. I don't believe his claim of self-defense will be listened to. He was arrested to pacify the people who were screaming for his head on a stake. If there had been cause for this charge, he would have been arrested back when it happened. This whole thing happened because he was an idiot that night. If he'd stayed in his car NONE of this would have happened, so basically, he's guilty of being stupid and will have to pay the piper. I base my prediction of riots if he's acquited on the history of people rioting if things don't go their way. I'd be glad to be wrong. I hope I am, but if Zimmerman gets a not guilty from the jury, I think there will be some very unpleasent repercussions. Insurance rates might go up.

April 25, 2012 at 6:36 a.m.
  • Waywardwind.

Do you ever really think of what said? Mass riots accordingly to whom? Seems you favor the doomsday style of thinking from Glenn Beck. For years you boast things doesn't affect you, but why post about it?
    As for myself, I am not going to riot. However, I am glad that Zimmerman has been arrested. You keep on harping up other off topic like Chicago as if its supposed to shut people up. There is a cultural problem in Standford, Fl, yet you and other refuse to pick up on that. Why is that?

Mr. J Williams

April 25, 2012 at 3:47 a.m.
  • Jason Borne. David Webb.

The same can be said about President Obama. So what's your point besides making a joke out of this and accuse people as racist?

Mr. J Williams

April 25, 2012 at 3:31 a.m.
  • itisi.

Excuses, excuses. If one party isn't blameless, then the other should too. Like it or not, Al Sharpton is a product of his envoriment, much like you and others. Al Sharpton doesn't have millions of listeners daily screaming fear like Micheal Barry or Sean Hannity.

April 25, 2012 at 3:26 a.m.
  • I know this is slightly off topic her but it does go to show some of those racists on this thread that good things are possible with a little effort.

The best part, she chose the party that thinks earning something is better than having it given to you whether you deserve it or not.

April 24, 2012 at 10:39 p.m.
  • SWWW,

Forgot to ask. While you are reading the future would you share the right 6 numbers?

So, the jury is not needed? Just cuz?

April 24, 2012 at 9:13 p.m.
  • SWWW,

Got ya. Dead kid. No biggie. Must be a race thing. Nothing to see here. Move along.

April 24, 2012 at 9:08 p.m.
  • Vet...The jury won't need to decide if Zimmerman killed Martin. We know that and Zimmerman doesn't deny it. What the jury will have to determine is how long Zimmerman is gonna have to spend in the pokey. I have no doubt he'll be convicted regardless of whether he's innocent or guilty.

April 24, 2012 at 7:51 p.m.
  • Writen,
    Blind justice, Al Sharpton, he is a 60’s racist… Al lives in the past, he has no future, but only to dwell on the past.

Mike… LOL!!! You need not worry; you are in good company…

April 24, 2012 at 7:38 p.m.
  • I wonder how many people around the country feel about the Travon Martin killing like I do. People get killed every day in this country; many of them die young. IF the death makes the news, I may read an article about it or I may read something about it on the internet and I don't pay much attention to it beyond that. This case kinda went ballistic and I've read more about Martin getting killed than I ever wanted to. Basically, my feeling is, I didn't know him and I don't know Zimmerman. I'm sorry Martin got killed, but this happened a thousand miles away. It really didn't affect me; I certainly didn't get mad enough to want to post a reward for Zimmerman's head. My humble opinion about Martin getting killed is that it provided an excuse for Jackson, Sharpton and the panthers to raise hell. I hadn't heard much from them lately. They needed an excuse to travel somewhere and make speeches. This is how they make their living, so every once in a while, they have to find a CAUSE. The only requirement is that there MUST be a racial component to the case. Certainly, they wouldn't get their panties in a wad over a black kid getting killed by another black kid. That happens too often. To find out what they were doing was more interesting to me than the actual case. I figure that Zimmerman is screwed. There was so much yelling for his head, the prosecutors in Florida figured they had to arrest him to shut up some of the hotheads. Now, at trial, he won't stand a chance for the same reason. If he's acquited, I look for riots not only in Florida, but in Chicago, Washington, LA and other places that have a history or hosting riots. Zimmerman must be found guilty -- of something or there will be hell to pay. Just my humble opinion, you understand.

April 24, 2012 at 7:25 p.m.
  • oops!

Sorry JB.

I guess I did that response in a hurry, once I re-read it it didn't come across like I meant.
    I meant to say:

I don't know if I'd call it fun, ...but probably funny!

Kinda has a different meaning this way.

I agree, some take this posting on here way too serious!

April 24, 2012 at 5:57 p.m.
  • A lot of stuff happens on this board that some folks take way to serious. A lot of people on these boards take themselves way to serious. Little pot shots here and there. Little jabs and hooks thrown at each other.

Take it easy Tx, I don't take all this as serious as some. I watch all these things go round and round and my little world here in Victoria just keep trucking along no matter what happens to folks like Zimmerman or Martin.

Yeah it's fun and funny... to me.

April 24, 2012 at 3:59 p.m.
  • jasonbourne wrote:
    "this is fun!"

Not sure if I'd call it fun, ...or funny.

April 24, 2012 at 3:19 p.m.
  • LOL, this is fun!

April 24, 2012 at 11:59 a.m.
  • Itisi.

Just Al Sharpton? MMMMMM justice isn't blind in your eyes. Since people on here wanna talk about the race card. then lets put all of the cards on the table? The victim card, the us vs them card, the thump card etc.

April 24, 2012 at 11:39 a.m.
  • Itisi.

What about Fox News's Sean Hannity's ties to NEO-Nazi leader Hal Turner. Don't hear you on that one.

April 24, 2012 at 11:33 a.m.
  • Maybe an armed adult confronted an unarmed minor and the minor in fear for his life tried to defend his self out of fear. It was a mistake that cost the minor his life.

If race played a part in this tragedy it has been by people on both sides of the issue unable to see anything but skin color and not the core facts. Armed person imposing his will on an unarmed person with our due cause.

I would ask the readers if a person stops you and asks you who you are and why you are where you are how would you respond. Unless they are Law Officers I wonder how this most of us would react.

April 24, 2012 at 11:33 a.m.
  • Writen, NO, just Al Sharpton...

April 24, 2012 at 11:28 a.m.
  • lol...I detect a severe case of Fox Newsitis

April 24, 2012 at 11:26 a.m.
  • Itisi.

If Al Sharpton have to go to jail or sued then Glenn Beck must go too.

April 24, 2012 at 11:13 a.m.
  • NBC, will be held accountable… NBC screamed fire when there was no fire. The elements are there for a major lawsuit under False Light. If anyone thinks Al Sharpton and NBC/MSNBC should walk on an absolute violation of the 1st amendment should take another look at case law. Al Sharpton should be arrested for civil disobedience to insight a riot. After all Al is a former Black Panther member. The President of the United States should have kept his dang mouth shut. This whole issue has turned POLITCAL, because of Al, and MSNBC. MSNBC/Tabloid is nothing more than a bunch of THUGS from the far LEFT. Their credibility is just below garbage…

April 24, 2012 at 11:08 a.m.
  • Well, I just been informed that my comments on this forum is race baiting and was warned to watch my 'rearview mirror'.

April 24, 2012 at 11:07 a.m.
  • Things have simmered down after Zimmerman's arrest and that is exactly why he was arrested...to calm things down. There is nothing new here. To avoid the heat Zimmerman was charged, thereby shifting the onus onto the backs of a judge and jury. The legal system was protecting itself in doing so, much the manner in which grand juries are used, and in essence sacrificed Zimmerman. How does it go..."the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". Zimmerman wasn't arrested and charged right away because there was not sufficient probable cause to do so. He was injured during an assault on his person, and had allegedly fired in self-defense, under cover of a law on the books that allowed him to do just that. The fact that Martin was unarmed matters little if Martin indeed was winning the physical confrontation and Zimmerman believed shooting him was the only way he could survive. As I recall, a witness corroborated his accounting of the incident and saw Martin on top of Zimmerman just prior to being shot. Everything changed when it became a political issue. The President spoke, Al Sharpton spoke, the New Black Panther Party demanded blood and a weak prosecutor acquiesced and appeased the angry. Now the real issue will be what is going to happen if Zimmerman is found not guilty. *IMHO based on information that has been released by the media*.

April 24, 2012 at 10:42 a.m.
  • Jason B,

It is time for a jury to decide if Mr. Zimmerman caused the death of Trayvon Martin by shooting him in the chest. It is true later photos of Trayvon are less child like but I noticed Mr. Zimmerman is not John Wayne reincarnate. If he had stayed in his vehicle and watched Trayvon reach his destination this horrible event would have never happened. I believe his stepping out of that car with a firearm is the cause of death.

And I would bet your hero Rush would love to "edit" some words from his famous rant. He and Beck are poster boys for not having a clue where the line is and how stepping over it can damage their toes!

April 24, 2012 at 10:38 a.m.
  • The individuals who doctored the 9/11 tapes at the NBC affiliate have been rightly terminated and it caused an embarrassment to the network but that had nothing to do with the tensions that were already there because of the injustice...The reason for anger was that a young unarmed person shot dead and the killer was not arrested. ..... If you're a Fox News viewer, you probably think that NBC News committed the crime of the century but every news network has been caught for manipulating the news, at one time of another. That doesn't let NBC News off the hook but it puts in the proper perspective.

It is true race baiters like Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and other Ted Nugent like bomb throwers do not start riots because people consider the source. Speaking of riots, there has not been any riots in Sanford where people were mauled or injured.... The jousting that is taking place is no way equivalent to the 1992 Los Angeles riots...In fact things have simmered down after an arrest was made.

This case is way beyond race except for those who wear it on their sleeve. Those people have a superiority complex because of their accident of birth, which is probably their greatest accomplishment in life. They are usually the first ones to weigh in on these types of subjects.

I guess I've watched about 15 hours of coverage of this fascinating case and I have yet to see, Al Sharpton(except for about 5 minutes) any riots, the Neo Nazis or any comments by Fox News commentators. .... I'm still wondering if George Zimmerman's apology to the Martin family was sincere or was it a ploy to get released on bond. There is a case to be made for both theories... I'm also wondering if the pictures of the gash on Zimmerman's head mean that much because the prosecutor knew about those pictures before she brought charges.

I'm going to continue to pay attention to this case and let others occupy their time on the noise outside the courtroom.

April 24, 2012 at 10:17 a.m.
  • Rebecca.

The Mink Coat mob is part of Texas history. Google it.

April 24, 2012 at 10:02 a.m.
  • Redbull.

Amen. It is about time they are talking sense.

April 24, 2012 at 9:53 a.m.
  • I just want to note that the black woman who killed the white woman was arrested and charged the same day. Zimmerman was never arrest and it was looking like a cover up until the case hit the media . So you need to find another case to compare . Also let me note all the witnesses that I seen on TV speaking about the case was white. So find Zimmerman a dream team he is going to need it True statement

April 24, 2012 at 9:30 a.m.
  • Was there really a group of people who called themselves the mink coat mob, or was that a name given to a group of people? I have only heard "mink coat mob" from writein on THIS forum.

April 24, 2012 at 9:12 a.m.
  • Kash.

What about the Mink Coat Mob?

April 24, 2012 at 9:06 a.m.
  • The Dems and their media partners rallying behind Sandra Fluke in an anti-Rush frenzy was bordering on riot-like.

Maybe some of the "NOW" groups age old response to Rushes, Feminazi statements. LOL!

April 24, 2012 at 9:02 a.m.
  • Yes show me a video of people rioting after listening to one of these guys. Not of their show but of a reaction to them. And not tea party political rallies.

April 24, 2012 at 8:45 a.m.
  • John Lara.

You or your comments hadn't even cross my mind. Seems you want to be noticed.

April 24, 2012 at 8:38 a.m.
  • Kash.

I beg to differ. Do I really need to post a blog with video and audio from these radio men?

April 24, 2012 at 8:26 a.m.
  • The victim card and the race card are two different topics. Never heard of anyone taking to the streets rioting, or threatening bounties on someone after listening to Rush, Hannity, or Beck.
    Again there are horrible things done between all races but those are lost in the hype when everything is given this label. By looking at everyone in separate categories we only reinforce the separation.

April 24, 2012 at 7:29 a.m.
  • Jason

It was a study that I saw on the wire about a month ago, sorry I do not have the link. I'm sure it's not that hard?

Writen, were you referring to me?

lol!

Seriously though, there was a study done and I have no doubt it is online somewhere by a legitimate news group. There are so many things going on around the country related to racial tensions, it kind of gets exhausting.

Forgive me but sometimes I just say no more, I refuse to accept anymore.

Going over this is not going to change the situation for young people, if I found and presented it, someone would probably just argue about it. Claiming it to be false or erroneous.

Look at how many people thought and still think President Obama is not an American citizen?

Believe it or not, I get tired.

I'm not stupid, it's just that if I don't take it once way, I might take it the wrong way. The situation in this country is so, defeating.

I have to take time out's and just move on.

Why, I don't like going back over things. Forgive me, we all know how to use Google. I just wanted to point something out for others to research on their own.

It is never ever my intention to post something, and expect it to be taken at face value.

I believe that people should think for themselves and not rely so much on the research of others. If you only know how many reference post and links I have discovered to be false or misleading that people used to validate their statements, forget about it!

No offense to anyone, even grammar nazi's (ongoing joke for some on here)

April 24, 2012 at 7:13 a.m.
  • Despite Limbaugh, Beck, and Hannity's activities on TV/Radio, none of them editted a 911 tape to improve the chances for public outrage, nor did they tweet the wrong address of Zimmerman to the world, nor did they put a bounty on Zimmermans head, nor did they publicly speak about a white man hunting down a black person like a dog in the streets, nor did they locate a small childs picture to portray a 6th grader shot by a grown man, nor did they attempt to use skittles and tea to ignorantly exploit an already out of control situation, nor did they spread information they knew nothing about and try to convince everyone it was factual.

You tell me, who are the racists?
    Who is the really the victim in this mess?

Zimmerman needs a "dream team".

April 24, 2012 at 5:59 a.m.
  • I hope Al Sharpton and NBC/MSNBC have their check books ready, they’re about to be sued. The reason, “False Light” which is a legal term, because NBC/MSNBC edited the 9-1-1 tape in the case of Trayvon Martin in order to alter public opinion and to increase their ratings. It is time for the political tabloid (MSNBC) to pay the fiddler.

April 24, 2012 at 5 a.m.
  • So if someone points out injustice, a victim card is played. This action is racist, some one will say, you are playing race card. That statement is sexist, someone will say, get over it. Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are the race pimps. I have yet hear Rush Limbfart, Glenn Beck, Micheal Barry, and Sean Hannity being accused of stirring up WHITE FEAR and White Anger daily onthe radio. I guess they can't be accused of that because it doesn't fit the local conservative talking points.

Here is another thing about the victim card, people who use it always proclaim delete post etc, yet want to BAN People who see things differently.

Mr.J.Williams

April 23, 2012 at 11:57 p.m.
  • So long as you got race instigator/profiteers like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson around... You will always have people quick to play the race card.

Sharpton and Jackson make their (very lucrative) living off of INSTIGATING racial tension... not seeking to END it.

They are two of the biggest racists in the country outside of the KKK.

Kash,
    I agree with you about how the race card is only allowed to be played one way, but be careful. I got deleted twice for say and giving examples that proved that very point. No word forthcoming on why it was deleted because there was no violation of the user policy. Someone at the Advocate simply did not like it personally and thus CENSORED it.
    Free speech (Rolls eyes) Yeah.. right.

April 23, 2012 at 5:47 p.m.
  • I think she is referring to why the race card is usually only played one way. Yes there are tragic race crimes but not every crime between different races is racial. If we would quit putting emphasis on races, future generations would stop seeing colors. But on all sides some people just can't let go.

April 23, 2012 at 10:12 a.m.
  • Great letter Jeneal!

Jonathan, care to provide some data surrounding this "Or the fact, that minority students in the United States of America are punished or punished more severe for the same offense in schools as white students 3-1". Or am I the only one that doesn't believe it.

April 23, 2012 at 5:48 a.m.
  • Stupidty is among us.

April 23, 2012 at 12:39 a.m.
  • Like the white guy, who shot those black people in Tulsa Oklahoma. He just happen to seek out black people to shoot down, like hunting season. I wonder, if he was charged with a race crime?

Or the fact, that minority students in the United States of America are punished or punished more severe for the same offense in schools as white students 3-1.

That just happens, it's not a institutionalized form of discrimination.

We just got to teach them while they are young, what's that old phrase?

"your place"

April 22, 2012 at 11:48 p.m.
  • Amen!

April 22, 2012 at 10:51 p.m.