April 23, 2012 at 5:03 p.m.
Updated April 22, 2012 at 11:23 p.m.
FIRE• VICTORIA - A fire was detected in the second-floor girls restroom at Patti Welder Magnet Middle School at about 1:35 p.m. Monday. A paper product that had been stuffed into an open section of the wall of the restroom was on fire. The Victoria Fire Department extinguished the flames without causing any significant damage to the school, said Shannon Martin, battalion commander. Students were evacuated.
Arrested• VICTORIA - Jose Cuellar Jr., 27, of Victoria, by deputies on Monday on a warrant charging him with violation of probation in a tampering with evidence case.