Comments

• The White 9 is being rebuilt. The City Championship will be played on Blue and Red, or Red and Blue.

Riverside and it's "regulars" definatley get treated a little different from those once a year folks. It's pretty much that way at any public golf course.

VCC - RIght now that course is beautiful. I play there maybe 3 or 4 times a year and I am always treated like a regular. They have some good people out there at VCC.

April 27, 2012 at 5:17 a.m.
  • Of course, the reporter failed to mention which of the 18 of 27 holes would recieve new greens(Red, Blue, or White), and that the City Championship will be played there on Memorial Day (along with the other two courses in town) and where that event will be played.

And a "good old boy" experience is more in line at Riverside. Cronyism at it's best within the working class, while the wealthy folk keep VCC to themselves.

April 26, 2012 at 11:13 p.m.
  • I can't wait to play the new greens in sept !

April 26, 2012 at 3:01 p.m.
  • I am sure they could set money aside for capital improvements, if not all non-profits would be operating from crumbling buildings.

The country club experience at a municipal price is a bit of an exaggeration, it is a good municipal course and is a very good bargain for golfers.

April 26, 2012 at 2:31 p.m.
  • I agree, hookem, but I also think that the course board needs to be proactive and plan for future renovations. I don't see any reason why, in the future, this course should receive any assistance. It should be self sustaining.

April 26, 2012 at 7:08 a.m.
  • I have no idea what makes a good golf course, but I hear people talk about the Riverside course, in a positive manner, everywhere I travel. I would say that it is more of a tourist draw for the town than many of the other things that receive Hotel Occupancy Funds.
    The city council got this one right when they voted to improve this municipal asset.

April 26, 2012 at 4:03 a.m.