Comments

• This why cats are way cooler lol if you buy a dog for protection and he kills a human, good or bad they kill your dog!! Oh yeah it's done. But a cat, alarm systems, shot guns now your talking castle laws are nice.

May 4, 2012 at 12:11 a.m.
  • Oh yeah the dog it killed was mine. A LOVING GOLDEN RETRIEVER that my 6 year old daughter had to watch die. Guess I was wrong, so sorry! NOT

May 3, 2012 at 11:59 p.m.
  • Robyn676. You disgust me, you clearly have never had one of these animals clamp down on your body with 1200 pounds of bone crushing force. I saw a pit bull clamp down on another dog. After being beaten to death they still had to break it's jaw to get it to release it's grip. LOVING ANIMAL my foot. The only good one is a dead one.

May 3, 2012 at 11:54 p.m.
  • When I lived in another city, a large very beautiful city, I was looking for a house to rent. Not being familiar with the city, I found a neighborhood not far from where I worked. The houses were modest and clean, unlike some of Victoria's neighborhoods. I noticed that all of the houses had fenced yards and in the fenced area were large killer dogs. I mean junk yard killer dogs. All of the houses! I decided this was not the place I should live with my kids. I drove through later and saw some of the residents. Well, that told the story. Thugs and violent people want their dogs to have the same persona. I wonder if any have started having their dogs get tattoos?

May 3, 2012 at 3:44 p.m.
  • Debunker thanks for looking-i was interrupted yesterday while searching and hadn't had a chance to get back to it.
    Only trouble I see is that many who own these dogs irresponsibly won't self ban. And how do we get around being breed specific?
    I agree with registering and insurance but enforcement is going to be tough.

May 3, 2012 at 8:45 a.m.
  • Note however that the law in question does not prevent a city from enacting even stronger regulations against dog's that have been declared dangerous, just so long as they are not applied specifically to a certain breed only.

Banning Pits is proactive, stopping the problem before it happens. If no Pits are around, then no pits are going to be there to maul to death some child or jogger.
    But since state law prevents us from being proactive, the law does allow us to be reactive,
    Meaning we can make the laws against individual dogs that have been declared dangerous according to law and their owners even more stringent than the state law already.

So here is what we do Victoria... Pass an ordinance that so punishes the owner of a dangerous dog that gets free and hurts or kills someone soooooo tough, the owner would not want to risk it.

Can't ban the breed wholesale, But make the punishment for a dangerous dog so high, the owners will self-ban.

May 3, 2012 at 3:19 a.m.
  • Additionally, Greg Abbott , The Texas Attorney General was asked to render an opinion on local municipalities being able to enact BSLs.

His Opinion....

There has been a request for an opinion as to whether a county or municipality may enact breed specific legislation despite TEX. HEALTH & SAFETY CODE §822.047 which states, in pertinent part: “A county or municipality may place additional requirements or restrictions on dangerous dogs if the requirements or restrictions: (1) are not specific to one breed or several breeds of dogs.”

1. TEX. HEALTH & SAFETY CODE § 822.047 unambiguously prohibits breed specific regulation of dogs by counties and municipalities.

The statute is clear and unambiguous, but the request attempts to create an ambiguity by making the unsupported assertions that there is “confusion…based on varying interpretations” of the law and “[i]t is unclear”. The request argues the statute could be interpreted to apply only to dogs declared dangerous under state law. See TEX. HEALTH & SAFETY CODE §§822.0421 et seq.

Read full opinion here...

May 3, 2012 at 3:10 a.m.
  • Nevermind... Found it.

Sec. 822.047. LOCAL REGULATION OF DANGEROUS DOGS.
    (1) are not specific to one breed or several breeds of dogs; and
    (2) are more stringent than restrictions provided by this subchapter.

May 3, 2012 at 2:51 a.m.
  • kash, how about you cite the Texas law that prevents specific breeds from being banned. A cursory check shows many proposals both for and against BSLs (Breed Specific Laws) but I have yet to find anything preventing a City or county from passing a local ordinance.

I'm still looking but so far nada.
    So how about you post up the law you claim prevents a ban on Pits.

May 3, 2012 at 2:39 a.m.
  • as far as adding new laws!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't. To hard to enforce and the man power could be used in more constructed ways.. As far as the punk pumping air. The Police have time on their side( it won't be long ).

May 2, 2012 at 11:48 p.m.
  • Yeah, it matters to me. That's why I posted it. I'd like to know where they stand.It should matter to others. I'm not aware of any Texas law that you speak of, but if there is one, all it would take is the current legislature rewriting it to give cities the option to ban them. There have been recent attempt to do that. If so, these council members would be the ones to enact it locally.

May 2, 2012 at 6:45 p.m.
  • It doesn't matter how city council feels- you can not ban a breed per TX law. So unless that is changed banning the breed is not an option. What we need are options to require more responsibility from those who choose to own the breed.
    also I am all for banning yard chaining. It is cruel to keep any dog chained, if you can't afford a proper fence then you shouldn't have a dog.

May 2, 2012 at 3:49 p.m.
  • seems like that family has been involved in several high profile incidents around victoria and bloomington

May 2, 2012 at 2:50 p.m.
  • kash,

Simple solution to that. Get the public involved in calling in and reporting these owners who let their dangerous dogs run free, or have them chained outside a secured enclosure. If police don't have time to respond to every call, let video's be enough to convict. Punishment? Heavy fine and 30-day jail time. You wanna bet people wouldn't take the chance?

May 2, 2012 at 2:03 p.m.
  • I would be interested in knowing how the candidates for city council stand on whether to ban this breed. Now's the time to find out.How about it Advocate, put them on the spot and ask them. It seems to be a legitimate concern for many, judging by the amount of post these articles generate.

May 2, 2012 at 12:41 p.m.
  • Problems is while many of this type of person who avoids properly caring for their dogs also is very good at avoiding laws and paying bills. I agree with requiring registration and insurance but it can't be just a slap on the hand if you don't. And not just the removal of the unregistered animal, they will just replace it. Animal control would have to step it up and enforce it. Might require more than 24 tickets in a year. Also any dog who bites off their own property should be put down.

May 2, 2012 at 11:35 a.m.
  • I agree with JD. YOU cannot regulate "stupid", so you have to regulate owning these types of dogs. Make it hard, expensive, and not worth the trouble to those stupid people, who cannot treat the dogs how that must be treated to be nice and loving.

May 2, 2012 at 11:04 a.m.
  • MorningMonster stated: "I don't know why y'all don't see its all in the owners hands open your eyes".

There is no doubt what you say has merit. The problem is, there is no way to change this type of owner. That said though, these dogs themselves can be much like people with bi-polar disorder...one moment fine next not so much, and they don't just bite and release like other dogs, they latch on and maul a victim. Therefore, the only reasonably sure way to protect innocent people from these dogs and their "owners", is to do something about the breed.

May 2, 2012 at 10:22 a.m.
  • If these ghetto people owning the dogs would learn how to socialize them properly instead of just chaining them in the backyard!!!!! I have a lot of friends who socialized them properly and they are wonderful dogs. I don't know why y'all don't see its all in the owners hands open your eyes.

May 2, 2012 at 9:46 a.m.
  • I agree with the fact that the owner of "Bud Light" is a flippin' idiot. Throwing gang signs and dry humping the air on camera, just a little childish. And them keeping the dog inside till animal control came. They should have arrested him. They had a case, assault by language.

May 2, 2012 at 8:07 a.m.
  • I'm just wondering why we never read about pit bull attacks in Country Club? hmmmmm? I can't ever seem to find anything about all the Pit Bull problems they are having over there in that neighbor "hood"?

May 1, 2012 at 11:53 p.m.
  • Let's all fuel to the fire!!! These useless OWNERS that r being fools on camera n taunting the police r probably all on welfare n we r paying for it all. @ Willie, I like the way u think but there is a problem with that. They is like 5 familys living in one house so there is your loop hole for the number of dogs. USELESS BREED N USELESS PEOPLE!!!

May 1, 2012 at 8:15 p.m.

May 1, 2012 at 4:35 p.m.

May 1, 2012 at 4:09 p.m.
  • roberttx,
    I saw the news yesterday. The guy taunting the police looked like a gang punk. Someone should give him something to hump, other than air. He made an idiot of himself.

May 1, 2012 at 3:37 p.m.
  • roberttx I have seen pit bulls in every part of Victoria why are you insinuating that only people on the south side own pit bulls and then saying the people on the video were thugs time for you to drive around. Every nationality in this town own pit bulls. Seems to me you are profiling and to those that seem to say that pit bulls are the only guilty dogs I saw a German Shepard bite a kid on the face because he got to close to it while it was eating every dog has the tendency of aggression if it is approached in certain ways or you mess with the owner they are territorial from the smallest to the biggest. All breeds have the capability of being aggressive.

May 1, 2012 at 3:23 p.m.
  • im not siding with anyone,im just saying you cant say every dog is the same. Look at the little ankle biter dogs that old lady's own,they wont let anyone touch them but they're owner,and if you get too close they will snap at you. And if any dog comes at me be it a pit bull or a chihuahua im going to beat the crap out of it till it leaves me alone.

May 1, 2012 at 3:01 p.m.
  • Jordanjk You are going to keep siding with these animal owners till one comes and attacks either you or one of your children. I think it is stupid to continue to side with the owners of these killers. Most attacks are not provoked. People just going about their daily routines and wam. I know if one charges at me I will drop it where it stands!!!

May 1, 2012 at 1:43 p.m.
  • Robyn676: You people disgust me.

Well guess what Robyn? You disgust me too.
    With your irrational defense of this dangerous breed.

People like you, defending this breed along with the irresponsible owners you blame, are why kids and even adults are mauled and killed by Pits.

Right now there is an argument with two polarized sides.

Its the Breed!
    It's the owners!
    Its the Breed!
    It's the owners!
    Its the Breed!
    It's the owners!
    Its the Breed!
    It's the owners!
    Its the Breed!
    It's the owners!
    etc..etc...etc...Ad nauseam....

Well guess what folks...
    IT"S BOTH!

Pit Bulls are ticking time bombs.

Add in the irresponsible Pit owner and you have an explosion .
    Add in a RESPONSIBLE Pit owner and you don't make the problem go away. you just make it less likely. A Dud Bomb if you will, one not likely to explode, but can anyway. Suddenly and without warning.

You see, Most of the Pit attacks can be traced back to irresponsibility on the owners part. BUT NOT ALL!
    A sizable (but by no means , most) number of the Pit attacks are from family pets raised in a loving home and NOT raised to be dogfighters.

EVERY Owner says: "Not my Pit! It was raised right in a loving home. It would not hurt a fly!"
    Until it DOES, and not just a fly, but an innocent child!

For the sake of argument lets assume for the moment that it is only the owners fault and not the breed.
    Doesn't matter, the breed still has to go buh-bye.
    Why?
    Be cause there is no way to sort the responsible from the irresponsible by law. all you can do is allow all or ban all from having the breed. All you can do by law is to punish the irresponsible ones AFTER THE FACT.
    After the fact with a Pit means someone innocent is severely mauled or worse... DEAD.

So for the sake of our kids and the community at large... that breed has to go away.

May 1, 2012 at 12:53 p.m.
  • ZaPaTeRoChUpA,

Yup, that's it. Thanks for the link.

I've always had trouble with searching past stories on the Advocate site.
    I used multiple combinations of Pit bull, attack, Rosebud, and got dozens of pages with hundreds of results that were not even close. most had nothing to do with any of the search terms.

And yes, I am quite computer and internet literate, Most of my family and friends comes to me to find something for them on the web.
    It's just the advocate site I have trouble with.

After refreshing my memory on the article, The names are different from both of these stories. Guzman from the old story and Baldez from this current one.
    So it may or may not be the same people. The place has lots of rooms and there may be more than one family there living as one household. Or the previous dog troublemakers could have moved and by coincidence another irresponsible Pit own moved into the same location.

It is the same home however.
    Definitely the same house. I used to live there years ago as I said and I was room-mates with friends and there were 3 different last names living under the same room. So like I said, it may or may not be the same household. can't tell just by the different last names.

May 1, 2012 at 12:35 p.m.

May 1, 2012 at 12:28 p.m.
  • Thes dogs are wasting alot of our servant's valuable time, not to mention harming people. If people can't keep their dogs contained and they get out and bite someone, they need to be shot on the spot and the owners cited.

May 1, 2012 at 11 a.m.
  • Hey Advocate...can you poll the comunitee to see if there is enough support for a "Pet Fanciers Law" simular to the one suggested?

I'll take it to City Council to get a reading if nobodye else will. Seams like we have a lot of complinng about the problem. Lets not beat ours heads against the wall here. If there is a solution, let's use it.

May 1, 2012 at 9:44 a.m.
  • Here is a simple solution,

Note: Only one potbellied pig is allowed, regardless of residence or license type.

Pet Fanciers:

A person is allowed to keep three (3) domesticated animals in a single-family residence, and two (2) domesticated animals per unit of a multiple-family residence. If you live in a single-family residence and have more than three (3) animals you are required to obtain a Pet Fancier's Permit. This permit allows you to keep up to seven (7) animals (dogs, cats, ferrets, potbellied pigs). Residents of a multiple-family residence may not obtain a pet fancier permit.

The City of Victoria could charge $40.00 dollars annually for extra revenues to compensate enforcement.

May 1, 2012 at 9:39 a.m.
  • @Robyn676

"It’s the owner it’s the owner"

By your irrational and twisted sense of reality, any dog that is owned by an irresponsible pet owner is violent. Not true...

Take a walk in any impoverished neighborhood and you will be attacked by a pack of Chihuahuas and other little ankle biters. They do not kill you. But you declare it’s the owners of the pits, not the pits themselves?

Yes the owners should have to pay some sort of restitution. I think it would be acceptable for the city to have an ordinance of no more than three dogs per residence unless you purchase a breeders permit from the city. These extra funds can go to Animal Control to hire more officers, educate the public, and buy more gas for the doggie gas chamber... whatever.

Maybe the next victim will be carrying a bag of skittles and ice tea; the media will pay closer attention to the story resulting in a stringent review of current animal control laws!

May 1, 2012 at 9:25 a.m.
  • The owner's seem to be the problem.More then a citation should be issued,imo.I feel as if a owner cared about his dog he wouldn't let it wonder in the first place.Put the owner's in jail and charge them with felony assault by pet.Maybe that'll stop some of this carelessness.I know if one of my kids or my elderly parent or myself were to get attacked by someone's roaming pet there will be no need for the authorities to come cus I'll shoot the darn thing myself.

May 1, 2012 at 8:48 a.m.
  • You people disgust me. If you pay attention to the homes that these dogs are in and the owners, you would understand that it's not the breed of dog, it is the way the owner raises them. I have had to rottweilers in the past. One was a guard dog that, if you took a step in our yard, would have torn you to pieces, but the other was so sweet the most she could do was lick you to death. We taught them that way so our family would be safe. He never attacked anyone he knew, but if it was someone he didn't then, it was their own fault. Sure I live in the country, but it's the same everywhere with any type of dog. If the owner teaches it that way or treats it badly it is going to have a bad temper NO MATTER THE BREED!!!!

May 1, 2012 at 8:45 a.m.
  • The picture that accompanies this article just might well be a great educational tool for children. Pay close attention boys and girls, this is the beginning of what we call the "legal system", and the cycle of how a ticket becomes a warrant, and why people go to jail.

Police woman writes ticket......said offender hates the po-po. Said offender has no money to pay said ticket. (Said offender also has no money to buy a leash from Pets Mart....and no his weight bench and attached heavy chain in his front yard doesn't count as proper restraint and control) Said offender fails to show up for a place he's very, very familiar with.... It's called "court". Mr. offender's name gets placed on the warrant list. Many months later, Mr. or Mrs. Police Officer attempts to make a traffic stop on said offender's vehicle for an expired inspection sticker and out of date license plates. Said offender decides that running from the police in his 1987 Buik Regal with his rent-a-rims is his best option. Said offender crashes, bails from his car and runs down Navarro. Said offender gets tazed and tazed, and tazed and arrested. It is also discovered that said offender has no insurance to pay for the damage he caused to 4 innocent motorist and the front of the building he rammed his car through. Said offender goes to jail for a very, very, very long time, because Mr. Tyler does not like said offender. Said offender's probation is also revoked, because said offender's probation officer is fed up with his failure to comply with the terms of his probabtion. Said offender is assigned to a jail cell with rival gang members, who do not like said offender's uncle, brother, and homeboy Johnny. The dude that slept with said offender's live in while said offender was in jail the last time is also in the cell. Yes, yes, unfortunately said offender assaults said dude, and Mr. Tyler (who does not care for said offender) adds additional time to what has become an extremely long and expensive sentence that the tax payers are now responsible for.

The moral of the story kids, don't get a Pit Bull! Pit Bulls are bad, bad, bad animals and caused said offender to go to jail for a very long time. Don't go to jail for a very long time, buy a Cocker Spaniel. (In no way is this story reflective of any of the people involved in yesterday's incident. It's merely speculation based on nothing more than an educational guess)

May 1, 2012 at 8:22 a.m.

May 1, 2012 at 8:18 a.m.
  • Anyone else amazed by only 25 citations in one year- that is barely two a month. Why not let your dog run free the odds of getting caught is slim.

May 1, 2012 at 8:12 a.m.
  • Enough already! Come on Victoria...take a stand and do something about this breed. If you can't ban them, require they be licensed and require the owners to obtain and present proof of a sizeable insurance bond. Then, fine the daylights out of those not in compliance and euthanize the animal.

May 1, 2012 at 8 a.m.
  • not that hard to search...

May 1, 2012 at 7:56 a.m.
  • I would just a soon shoot a pitbull as to look at it. It is a usless breed that is violent. They are like domesticated wild animals. They will attack at any time they decide to attack. They are protective animals and part of the problem IS the owners but that is just part of the problem. Sure other dogs will bite or nip at you and let go. Just to let you know that you are in the wrong place. Pit bulls bite and do not let go even after being beaten over the head and body with a bat or other weapon. They just don't give up. If attacked by a pit bull you will be injured. If you can do what I did. One time I was attacked by a Curr/Shepard mix and as he opened his mouth while jumping to bite me I made a fist and shoved it down the dogs throat and the dog decided that I was too much to deal with and ran off choking. It happened in seconds and was all a reaction. I just did it and I was scared at the time. I was injured in a couple points but I was not mauled. The dog did not like my fist down his throat. I was able to protect myself but others are not as lucky.
    Texas law does not allow the ban of a particular type of dog. So banning a pitbull can only be done by the state level law makers.
    The state laws need to be changed. The pitbull owners need to be held responsible for the damage to the victim. Punished by a fine or jail time. Maybe that will keep them from owning a pitbull.
    Does anyone know how many pitbull attacks happen every day in the state?

May 1, 2012 at 6:33 a.m.
  • ""I didn't want to give them my dog. They are going to kill him either way," said Baldez, who was cited by police for allowing the dog to roam free. "He's a good dog.""

Good dog's don't attack people for walking down the street and try to kill them, and then attack police officers when they show up.
    So yeah... sure... {{sarcasm}}} It was a good dog raised by a loving family right?
    Oh wait....
    "The dog owner refused to release the dog until animal control officers arrived. At times, profanity-filled shouts could be heard coming from the home."

May 1, 2012 at 12:02 a.m.
  • correction, 1710, not 1701. Lysdexic... grrr

April 30, 2012 at 11:50 p.m.
  • This family has a history of violent Pit bulls. The last one was shot.

April 30, 2012 at 11:44 p.m.
  • I am surprised that no one has made the connection yet with this latest Pit Bull attack.

Pit Bull...
    1701 Rosebud.....
    Pit Attacking officer....
    Officer involved shooting...Pit Dead.
    Family all belligerent and anti-cop and such, just as they are now.....

About a year ago.

I don't remember the details and the advocate website is damn near impossible to search, crappy, not very user-friendly website.

I do remember the address because I used to live there many years ago.

Officers chasing a suspect saw the suspect throw something under the partially open garage door at 1701 rosebud. On investigating, the Pit was in the garage and the owners were told to control their dog as they searched for what the suspect threw in there. The Owners allowed the little children to "hold the leash" of this powerful and violent dog. Naturally the dog got away from the small child and charged back into the garage to attack the officer and was promptly shot.

The family,rather than being upset with themselves for not better controlling their animal and endangering the lives of officer, went on a smear campaign, attacking the Victoria police department, aided by the Advocate in running a whole series of articles talking about their wonderful, kind hearted Pit Bull, Bela. who was ruthlessly shot by evil officers...

Ring a bell?
    Anyone?

April 30, 2012 at 11:42 p.m.
  • just the video that the news shot

April 30, 2012 at 11:08 p.m.
  • Did you see the family do anything, Robertx? Didn't think so.

April 30, 2012 at 11:03 p.m.
  • nice to see vpd standing up to the thugs in the town

anyone see the family taunting vpd on the news ?

April 30, 2012 at 10:06 p.m.
  • Kash,

While many of us would have a symbolic hand on the shovel that returns the poop to the door of the dog owner, I don't recommend this. Ironically, the individual returning the poop can get into far more trouble with the police and with law suits than the free running dog owner could ever face.

April 30, 2012 at 4:52 p.m.
  • Any dog who attacks viciously should be put down especially if it is outside its residence. And the owner should pay all costs.
    I would collect the poop and place it at the neighbors front door everytime it happens.
    Animal control needs to crack down on loose animals. ( do they even drive around anymore?). I have a neighbor with a sweet little dog but they think its appropriate to let it run loose anytime they leave the house.

April 30, 2012 at 4:30 p.m.
  • You would think that after all of the bad press lately, that owners of pits, and other possibly dangerous dogs, would get the message and contain their dogs.
    It's going to take lawsuits, hefty fines, or even jail time, to get people to take responsibility for the actions of their pets.

April 30, 2012 at 4:29 p.m.
  • I wonder if the woman will file a civil suit for damages. If she has health insurance, I wonder if her insurance company will file a civil suit to get their money back.
    I contend that until it becomes common, for owners of any aggressive animal that harm a person must pay the financial cost, the behavior of owners will not change.

April 30, 2012 at 3:53 p.m.
  • It wasn't poop, but one dog kept coming into my garage and running off with my flip flops. Did it about twice, so as I drove by their house one morning I chunked some shoes into their garage while they were sitting outside and yelled "YOU MAY AS WELL HAVE THE OTHER SHOES FOR A MATCHING PAIR!!!!"....2 hours later my shoes showed back up and the dogs were suddenly locked in their gated front yard.......

April 30, 2012 at 2:31 p.m.
  • It does not matter what kind of dog you have, the owners need to be held responsible for any and all actions when they are loose in public, and with that said there is an individual in my neighborhood who lets the the dog out to roam the neighborhood and to crap in everybody's yard except their own, this sounds like a minor inconvenience compared to a dog bite but when you have to deal with it time after time it gets to be more than minor and yes I've called animal control and by the time they get there the dog is back in their yard and they can't do anything even though I have a shoeful of evidence to show them. I have almost gotten to the point to pick up this dogs turds and fling them into the owners open garage...but I have not done that because it not the right thing to do.
    I have a dog but I keep it in our fenced yard and when we do take a walk he is on a leash

April 30, 2012 at 2:08 p.m.
  • Just for fun, lets twist this a bit. Pit bulls that are running free see a person and run to attack them with lethal force. Nothing can or should be done about this attack according to pit bull lovers. There are good pit bulls and bad pit bulls. Now for the twist. What if ever time a pit bull was seen running free a person took off after the pit bull with lethal force and severely injured the dog or killed it? Would the pit bull owner still feel nothing should be done? You know there are good people and bad people.

April 30, 2012 at 2:08 p.m.
  • Interesting!!!!!

April 30, 2012 at 1:48 p.m.
  • What? A Pit Bull bit somebody again? No....no way, not a pit bull. Pit Bulls are such great family pets.

C'mon City officials what are you waiting on?

April 30, 2012 at 1:44 p.m.
  • Ignorance is bliss!
    Educate yourself on the breed before making comments on killing them (ALL PITBULLS).
    Is your method to kill them all, make you all any better? Lets just kill all breeds since all breeds are capable of biting anyone. Like the hunting dog (breed unknown) which bit a 2 yr old last week..I mean that dog should be killed too right? after all it bit a child

April 30, 2012 at 1:32 p.m.
  • "What about all the other non-pitbull dog bite victims".

Sure no problem...I'll examine the dog carcass after I shoot it dead.

April 30, 2012 at 1:09 p.m.
  • Put the dog down. USELESS BREED OF DOG!!!

April 30, 2012 at 1:02 p.m.
  • A pit bull is a deadly aggressive animal. The owner of this dog should be arrested for assualt with a deadly weapon. This is bull crap that people have to put up with this - I mean you can't even walk down the street without being assualted.

April 30, 2012 at 12:18 p.m.
  • Pitbull or poodle...the dog should not have been loose period! There is a dachshund that lives across my street, who always gets out of his fenced in yard. He is VISCIOUS!!! He tried to bite me , and I love dogs! People please be sure to keep your dogs in a fenced in yard, for the safety of others and for the safety of your beloved pet... .As for me I have a maltipoo who lives in the house and is a couch potato. I pray everything gets resolved in this matter.

April 30, 2012 at 12:06 p.m.
  • jordankj,

"Ive been attacked multiple times by stray dogs,and none of them were pit bulls."

Does the fact escape you that you are around to tell about it and may not have been if you "had" been attacked by a pit bull?

April 30, 2012 at 12:04 p.m.
  • I have lived in this area a long time and have been bitten while jogging and am thankful it wasn't a pit bull but just a small, scared mutt defending his driveway. Pit bulls just don't bite but latch onto the victim with powerful jaws in an attempt to kill the person. So, breed is an issue and I think these dogs should be banned especially from dense neighborhoods.

April 30, 2012 at 11:52 a.m.
  • What about the hundreds of dog attacks that go unnoticed that are not pit bull related? This is obviously an attempt to get another rise out of people since there's been so much anti-pit bull news recently. Ive been attacked multiple times by stray dogs,and none of them were pit bulls.

April 30, 2012 at 11:31 a.m.
  • I get so tired of folks singing the praises of pit bulls. If some are sweet and some are mean, then the only other difference is the owners. Obviously these dogs are being raised differently....look a bit closer to the owners and as stated earlier, prosecute them!!!

April 30, 2012 at 11:28 a.m.
  • why are there so many pit bulls in victoria ?

and why do they all seem to reside on south side of town ??

ha

April 30, 2012 at 11:23 a.m.
  • Like the old 50's rock song says "Over and Over " . The owners of these killers should be prosecuted for assult or attempted murder .

April 30, 2012 at 11:06 a.m.
  • Here we go again. Another innocent person attacked by a pit bull. These animals clearly need to be banned or at least regulated. People are going to start shooting when a loose pit approaches as they should.

April 30, 2012 at 11 a.m.

April 30, 2012 at 10:59 a.m.