Reuben's Journey - Week 8
Aug. 7, 2012 at 3:07 a.m.
Chicken and Broccoli Pasta Dinner
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
• 1 cup H-E-B fat-free sour cream
• 1/2 cup H-E-B reduced-fat feta cheese
• 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
• 1/4 cup thin sliced basil leaves
• 1/4 cup chopped H-E-B sundried tomatoes
• 1/2 box H-E-B 100 percent whole-wheat pasta uncooked
• 1 package (16 oz.) H-E-B frozen broccoli florets
• 8 (1 pound) Hill Country Fare Chicken tenders, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
In a large bowl, combine sour cream, feta cheese, garlic, basil and sun dried tomatoes. Season the mixture to taste with salt and black pepper; set mixture aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions. After the first four minutes of cooking, add broccoli florets and chicken to boiling pasta. Bring the mixture back to a boil and cook for four more minutes. Drain pasta mixture thoroughly.
Add hot pasta mixture to sour cream mixture and toss gently. Serve immediately.
Add ons: For spicier flavor, add 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper and 1 teaspoon dried basil
Makes: 6 servings
Nutrition Facts: Calories 290, total fat 1 g, cholesterol 45 mg, sodium 320 mg, total carbohydrate 41 g, dietary fiber 6 g, sugars 10 g, protein 26 g.
Starting Weight: 343
Current Weight: 299
Exercise: Reuben has finally left the 300s. He is mixing aquatic zumba and zumba into his workout this week. He is also walking and doing a light jog on the treadmill.