Natural Family Planning is best option
Editor, the Advocate:
Katie Merando (nfpandme.blogspot.com) and Nick and Monica Warren (Couple to Couple League, in Austin) have written some very good articles on Natural Family Planning. More and more couples are turning away from contraception and going to NFP. Here are the top twelve reasons why:
1) It's free.
2) It doesn't cause cancer.
3) It does not kill your sex drive or cause you to be interested in the wrong man.
4) It doesn't cause you to have an unintended abortion, as the pill does.
5) It's green. No poisonous chemicals polluting the water; no plastic containers and no latex condoms going into the landfill.
6) The liberation that comes from understanding your body (or your spouse's) is unbelievable.
7) No side effects. No bleeding, weight gain, breast cancer, or all the other problems the chemicals into your body causes. NFP has only good side effects, and it is equally effective at avoiding pregnancy.
8) In Pope Paul VI's encyclical "Humanae Vitae," he said that contraception would lead to lower moral standards, divorce, disrespect for women and governments forcing abortion and sterilization on women. Sound familiar?
9) It is complete health care. Where the pill only hides problems, NFP utilizes natural procreative technology to diagnose and treat disease to restore a woman's body to its natural healthy state.
10) It works. Perfect use of NFP is 99.5 percent effective. It has proven to be just as effective as any birth control pill. NFP has been taught to thousands of women in India who could not read.
11) It greatly improves a couple's sex life and brings them closer together.
12) For the modern couple, there is an app for that. Charting is easy when done electronically. Look at Overview, NFP Charting, NFP Manager and FemCal.
If you are on contraception or are considering them, take a hard look at NFP. There are classes in most large cities or online. If you are a man, don't poison your bride!
Laszlo Nemes, Victoria