Tuesday, September 16, 2014




Malfunctioning heating unit sparks fire at apartment complex

By Victoria Advocate
Dec. 21, 2012 at 6:21 a.m.


Some residents of Autumn Park Apartments got an early wake-up call Friday morning.

About 3 a.m., the Victoria Fire Department responded to a fire call at the apartments, 4405 N. Navarro St.

The fire was caused by a malfunctioning heating/air conditioning unit, said Thomas Legler, Victoria fire marshal.

Although the fire was out in the first floor apartment upon the fire department's arrival, smoke continued to billow from the building, said VFD Battalion Chief Roger Hempel.

Residents in 16 apartments were temporarily evacuated because of the smoke originating from the heating and air conditioning unit in the attic, said Hempel.

All residents, except those in the apartment where the fire had been extinguished, returned to their apartment in less than two hours, said Hempel.

There were no injuries.

The fire department cleared the scene at 5:25 a.m.

SHARE

Comments


THE LATEST

Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia