Comments

• Exactly right!!! Kids were using the excuse to get out of class!

February 7, 2012 at 5:38 p.m.
  • I made the mistake that afternoon of stopping by East to pick out a VOE for my daughter and walked into that mess come on people! I counted four cops who had to stay yesterday not for the safety of the students but to control traffic. People were leaving their cars in the middle of the driveway! Come on Victoria get a little common sense going here. I have two children at that school and I love my kids but all y'all did was my a bad situation terrible.

February 3, 2012 at 6:53 p.m.
  • The whole thing was extremely ridiculous. Parents who came to school just wantedto get in on the drama. Shame on them and for the kids staging a big hoax.It was hard to hold class after that.

February 3, 2012 at 12:44 p.m.
  • You can bet in this modern day and age that every public school has some kind of "remove all thought policy" to tell them exactly what the school is supposed to do in the event someone does bring a gun to school or whatever incident like this should happen.

I imagine somewhere in there and in police procedures it states how to handle the idiots that show up and cause an already confusing situation to be even worse.

For all you clowns that think you're little special someone is more important than the other 1500 people in the building, stay home, shut up, and wait until you are called. Believe it or not, you just became a bigger problem that the person carrying the weapon.
    The office person, teacher, janitor, or principle you are bothering might make the radio call that saves lives.

There is much more going on outside of your little me me me world.

February 3, 2012 at 9:40 a.m.
  • Okay, there is a rumor that there is going to be a drive by shooting at a school. Parents go running up to the school and stand in line to pick up their kids. Now, if the threat were true, even more people are in danger. The police not only have to protect the kids, but now all of the parents standing in line as well.

Drive by shooter + kids inside building= safety

Drive by shooter + parents and kids fleeing the school= sitting ducks

Common sense people, common sense.

What is more important? Safety or your need to know something?

February 3, 2012 at 6:24 a.m.
  • Zap, I was with you until you started in on VISD. What do you want them to do, send out a message every time they think there might be a pretty good chance a rumor will be more than 50% true.

Two of my kids go to two different colleges. I have over time received messages telling me it is possible that a gunman is on their campus.
    OK, now what??? Am I supposed to wave a magic wand and destroy the gunman.This communication crap has gotten way out of control. There is nothing I can do and there was nothing parents could do at East yesterday, except be a pain in the schools rear. They just think that their prescence may somehow resolve the situation.
    Parents your kids are safe. Sit at home until the school calls and tells you to come get your kid. When you race to the school evey time a kid passes gas you are just in the way and something else the school has to deal with.
    If I was running that school, I would have closed the front door and hung a sign that said school gets out at 3:30 come back then.

February 3, 2012 at 4:32 a.m.
  • Shame on you parents, for panicking and pulling your kids out of school based on a rumor.

Shame on you students, for spreading rumors, texting scary messages to parents on phones that you're not supposed to be using, and secretly thinking that this was all kinda funny...

Shame on you wanna-be ganstas, who think that acting tough and violence makes you 'somebody'... Enjoy your time in public school before you do time in prison.

And lastly, shame on you VISD, for not acting decisively and COMMUNICATING with parents and students. When a concerned parent calls and the office says "No - nothing is going on. Its pretty much a normal day." I CALL B.S. Stop trying to be politically correct and tell us what's going on. If its a rumor - say so. If there's a gunman - it better be on facebook, the radio, the TV and written in the sky. No excuse for withholding information about my child's safety.

February 2, 2012 at 11:04 p.m.
  • Students called in bomb threats at Stroman and VHS during the Vietnam War for the same reason.
    Nothing new, just done online now a days

February 2, 2012 at 10:13 p.m.
  • That sounds more like it, ISupportEducation. I doubt that anyone was truly scared. Just another reason to miss a day of school, and make the news to boot!

February 2, 2012 at 9:01 p.m.
  • Shaking? Interesting. That's not even close to what I heard. My children said kids were using the rumor as an excuse to get their parents to check them out early.

February 2, 2012 at 7:31 p.m.