Friday, December 19, 2014




Advertise with us

House fire breaks out on Sherwood Drive

Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:03 p.m.
Updated Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:13 p.m.

Victoria firefighters enter a house that caught fire on the 200 block of Sherwood Drive.

The smoke was already dispersing when Amy Davis and her children learned their home had been on fire. The family arrived home from the YMCA to find their residence at 201 Sherwood Drive surrounded by fire trucks.

The fire broke out in the house about 8 p.m., according to Fire Department Captain and acting Battalion Chief Shawn Rainey.

There were no visible flames when the fire department arrived at the scene, but the house was filled with smoke. The fire was believed to have started in the attic, Rainey said.

No one was injured in the fire. A neighbor reported the fire to the Victoria Police Department, then the Victoria Fire Department responded.

Davis and her children stood outside her home, smiles of relief on their faces. Davis said she was thankful no one was hurt.

"I'm always aware how much worse things could be," Davis said. "This is nothing."

SHARE

Comments


Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia