Westhoff students place in UIL competition
- unverified comments
Thank you for your submission.Error report or correction
Westhoff School students in second through eighth grades recently competed in the Small Schools UIL Academic Meet at Meyersville School.
The meet included schools from Westhoff, Meyersville, Sweet Home, Ezzell, Vysehrad, and Nursery. Students competed in two divisions - junior high and elementary.
Westhoff students placed third overall in the elementary divisions.
Westhoff students winning ribbons were• Katelyn Sellers, ready writing, fifth;
• Kelly Constable, ready writing, fourth;
• Lovina Yoder, spelling, first, ready writing, third, number sense, fifth, mathematics, sixth;
• Edna Yoder, spelling, first, ready writing, third, number sense, third;
• Kiana Dyer, oral reading, third;
• Ethan Rhotenberry, social studies, first, oral reading, fourth;
• Thomas Vandeveer, social studies, fourth;
• Jonathon Gamez, ready writing, fourth;
• Dalton Spencer, ready writing, first;
• Katy Gwosdz, number sense, first, ready writing, fifth;
• Gabrielle Jalufka, oral reading, third;
• Lillie Vandeveer, ready writing, third, oral reading, fourth;
• Allyssa Gamez, spelling, fifth;
• Rachel Yoder, ready writing, sixth;
• Thomas Allen, spelling, first, storytelling, fourth;
• Dallin Galindo, creative writing, fifth;
• Utah Jalufka, creative writing, first.
Other students who participated in various events were Amber Colbert, Kailee Curlee, Kristina Salgado, Sephra Barron, Rosalinda Mata, Raven Dyer, Celest Johnson, Karli Sellers, Brooklynn Ivey and Ancelmo Cruces.