Home » 2 injured in 2-car crash on Navarro » Unverified Comments

Comments

• I know it is far after the original story posted, but thought I would comment anyway.

First, thanks to Debunker for making the wonderful comments on Officer Delarosa and "Crashmath." The members of the Traffic Unit/Advanced Accident Investigation Team have to take extension education to get their certification to do just that. Accident investigation is far more than just showing up and taking witness statement (and apparently car statements - I know Jordan didn't mean it the way that came out but it made me smile). Skid marks on the ground/roadway, positioning of the vehicles, damage to the vehicles...all of this plays an important part in determining the way an accident "went down" and the speeds involved.

For those who want to know why VPD doesn't do something to stop all of this street racing (and for that matter, all the drug dealing, pedophelia, shoplifting, drive-by shootings, etc.) that goes on in Victoria, you need to look no further than the City Council, and closer to home, your willingness to pay higher taxes. How many officers do you think are on the streets at any one given time? Twenty? Thirty? Not even close. Try ten (or fewer if someone calls in ill). Our officers work very hard to keep us all as safe as possible. You want more officers per capita? You gotta pay some higher taxes to pay the officers, and pay the officers APPROPRIATELY.

When you add on the stupidity of people such as Jordan who believe that if they don't like a law they just don't have to abide by it, it just makes VPDs job that much more difficult. Jordan, if you want a local racing facility, put your energies to work in seeing how to make that happen, instead of writing nearly illegible posts here. You will get no sympathy from law-abiding citizens. Law-abiding does not mean we don't know how to have fun. We simply choose not to do so if it means someone can get hurt or killed in the pursuit of our fun.

March 5, 2012 at 12:52 p.m.
  • @ victorianbybirth

jordankj's words, "i actually dont like it when other cars around because of the added danger to me and others."

I took an entirely different way. To me despite jordankj claiming that they don't race when other cars are around, the fact is sometimess they are and when they are he does not like it.

March 3, 2012 at 3:34 p.m.
  • jordank, your words....."i actually dont like it when other cars around because of the added danger to me and others."

I took that to mean others on the roadway when y'all are trying to race is an inconvenience.

March 3, 2012 at 2:17 p.m.
  • Never argue with an idiot, They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

March 3, 2012 at 10:41 a.m.
  • Saw one of these idiots on hwy 59 at 9 am this morning going north. Little red sports car going at least 20 above speed limit when he passed me. Weaving back and forth between lanes because he couldn't get around traffic, considered passing 4 cars using the shoulder, turned left into oncoming traffic. Emergency? No after 2 blocks up Stockbauer he slowed down and drove normal.

March 3, 2012 at 9:59 a.m.

March 3, 2012 at 3:52 a.m.
  • i was the 13 year old in the wreck and i think its horrible that poeple think its ok to drive that fast . no one is responsible if they wanna risk other ppl's lifes by driving that fast :(

March 2, 2012 at 8:27 p.m.
  • "And no familyman i cannot get arrested for saying something on the internet with no actual proof of me doing anything. Now if i were to ask an undercover cop to race,then yes i could possibly be arrested."

While technically correct, YOU are mis-characterizing Familyman's statement. He did not say you can be arrested, He said you SHOULD be arrested.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "Its a shame what happened with Eric and the other car,and i am glad the no one got seriously hurt or killed."

Enough to stop your BS racing in the streets?
    Thought not. Empty and insincere sympathy.
    Pathetic.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "This city should reconsider opening a track again like there was back in the 60's(i think around that era),because i will tell you this i personally would stop street racing if there was a local track to take it to. There had been talk a while back,but that fell through"

Again I call BS on you. You already stated there is a track you could use but
    A) I'ts too inconvenient for you so you would rather violate law and risk OTHER PEOPLE'S lives (yet you call yourself responsible)
    and
    B) They won't let you race there because you refuse to use the proper safety equipment (Yet you claim you are responsible)

Do you see a pattern developing here Jordan?
    Every time you post you shove your foot further down your throat and prove to all of Victoria just how ignorant and irresponsible you are.
    And all of your little racing buddies as well If you are any example... wait scratch that, regardless of whether you are an example or not. The very fact they street race is proof enough.

March 2, 2012 at 6:16 p.m.
  • "I will admit that yes what i do is illegal"

So you ARE a criminal and thus a lowlife.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "and i know i will pay the price if i get pulled over."

Unfortunately it is more likely that before that happens, some innocent family will pay the price of your irresponsibility.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "and i was making a few irrational statements earlier."

NEWSFLASH: You still are.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "The way i worded it made it seem like im racing every weekend"

Could care less about how often you race, that you race at all is the problem, again, you ignorance does not allow you to see the problem which is you and your buddies racing in the streets.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "when honestly i dont even remember the last time ive street raced someone".

Soo... memory problems on top of a lack of intelligence.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    "I assure you kash,that spot is not a spot that people i know race from,maybe other people in town do. But thats not an "official" spot."

There ARE NO "official" spots. It is ILLEGAL!
    Again.. must I say it? lack of intelligence and/or responsibility!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

March 2, 2012 at 6:16 p.m.
  • I will admit that yes what i do is illegal,and i know i will pay the price if i get pulled over. and i was making a few irrational statements earlier. The way i worded it made it seem like im racing every weekend,when honestly i dont even remember the last time ive street raced someone.

This city should reconsider opening a track again like there was back in the 60's(i think around that era),because i will tell you this i personally would stop street racing if there was a local track to take it to. There had been talk a while back,but that fell through.

March 2, 2012 at 11:01 a.m.
  • Hwy 59 in front of CMC is another one of these criminals nightly spots. And at 1am this is not a deserted road.
    Also if you were SO good and responsible you wouldn't be racing on major public roads, that shows your stupidity.
    Didn't a woman get seriously injured last year on Navarro due to this racing?

March 2, 2012 at 8:47 a.m.
  • If the cops know about the racing why don't they stop it? Jordanjk is a flat out criminal. He needs to be arrested for admitting he is a street racer. Just like asking an undercover cop if he will sell you a joint will get you arrested. Just asking for it is a crime. Admitting to street racing should be an arrestable offence. That is my opinion.
    Jordanjk- You are just an idiot and you can't fix that! I hope you get a ticket for racing. You deserve it for all the hard work you have put into your sport. A trophy if you might say. I am not going to argue any points with you because I don't think you have the IQ for it to be a fair fight. Everyone else has said the rest of what I have to say so I will leave you now. I do want to know where you got your training at driving a high powered car? I bet you are self taught. I am sorry that I can't fix stupid!

March 2, 2012 at 8:26 a.m.
  • Jordankj: "As ive said earlier all of yall will never understand what im saying and since im doing something illegal that i must be unintelligent and a criminal and lower than you guys."

That you are doing something illegal is, by it's very definition, what makes you a criminal.

That you fail to grasp that and even wrote the above quote is proof positive of your unintelligence.

That you are a criminal does make you lower than other law abiding citizens.

And we do understand what you are say. It's just that what you are saying is not only wrong, but ignorant.

Again I must stress to the Advocate Censors (AKA Moderators), this post, in fact this whole series of posts, are not an attack. Sometimes however the truth is unpalatable and the one for whom the truth is directed at does not want to hear it and will interpret it as an "attack" It is still the truth and must be said.
    So no deletions, ok?

March 2, 2012 at 8:01 a.m.
  • There is just no way a person can talk any sesne into a remedial person such as jordankj.....maybe some day if he's around he may have kids, maybe then he'll realize what everybody is trying to get into his coconut.....

March 2, 2012 at 7:42 a.m.
  • @ jordankj,

you said "As ive said earlier all of yall will never understand what im saying and since im doing something illegal that i must be unintelligent and a criminal and lower than you guys."

You are a criminal when you do something illegal. What part of that do you not understand? No there are smart criminals out there I agree, but if you can't understand that doing something illegal is a criminal act then I is safe to assume you are not one of the smart criminals. As far as lower than me that is an opinion that I am entitled to.

You also say "you will never end street racing,and it's probably best you just deal with it and move on with your life."

That has got to be the most childish comment I have ever seen on these boards. We will deal with it, but we won't just move on. We will get our police involved and they will deal with you and the rest of your criminal buddies.

March 2, 2012 at 6:57 a.m.
  • "I am done wasting my time here,"

Just like you're gonna sue the Advocate for slander? LMAO!

You can't help yourself. You started showing your backside and people responded by showing you that you ARE your backside.
    You HAVE to return to see what is said about you then...
    You HAVE to respond to it.
    It's your nature.

"because arguing this is like arguing religion or abortion, no two sides are right or wrong."

Incorrect.
    There is a Wrong side. You and your buddies
    And a Right side... Everyone else.

Unlike your examples of religion and politics, this is not a debate of two sets of OPINIONS.

This is a debate of FACTS, versus your Opinion.

FACT: street racing is dangerous
    FACT: street racing endangers other non-racers
    FACT: street racers show poor judgement
    FACT: street racers violate the law

OPINION: You race at 1AM when the streets are empty but for you and your buddies. FALSE!

OPINION: driving a more powerful car makes you a better driver. FALSE!

OPINION: you are responsible, FALSE

OPINION, you think violating the law is okay so long as it's something YOU want to do, FALSE

And the list could go on and on and on and on.....

March 2, 2012 at 1:04 a.m.
  • When did i say it was an inconvenience that other people are on the road? You act like im saying i own the streets and others should get out of my way,and that im weaving in and out of traffic on Navarro going 60+mph. Pretty much what most of yall are saying about me and my friends are assumptions. As ive said earlier all of yall will never understand what im saying and since im doing something illegal that i must be unintelligent and a criminal and lower than you guys. I am done wasting my time here,because arguing this is like arguing religion or abortion, no two sides are right or wrong.

March 1, 2012 at 11:37 p.m.
  • The streets are public & people drive down them 24/7......I'm sorry if it is an inconvenience to you & yours Jordan, but I think the people driving them have a right to get where they are going safely & not have to duck & dodge you & your friends. The van did not "pull out in front of him" as you say, they had right of way to travel on to their destination....your friend did not have the right to hit whatever he felt was in his way.

March 1, 2012 at 10:56 p.m.
  • Baker is lucky he didn't kill someone !

wow

I hope the other driver breaks him in civil court

March 1, 2012 at 10:51 p.m.
  • 1) I am not insulting you. You have validated your own stupidity time and time again with each post of yours. I just remarked upon it and called it what it was. In effect, you are insulting yourself, and yet you are too ignorant to realize it. I guess ignorance IS bliss.

2) I made no threats against you. I told you what WOULD happen if you ever wrecked into me because of your utter stupidity and lack of responsibility and the wreck left me still capable and the police presence was lacking. And that goes for each of your irresponsible racing buddies.

March 1, 2012 at 9:25 p.m.
  • You can insult me and threaten me all you want( join you in another ambulance? Tough guy),do all the reports and stuff but you will never end street racing,and it's probably best you just deal with it and move on with your life. The officer wasn't there when the crash happend,all his info is based on what witnesses and the two cars involved said.

March 1, 2012 at 8:45 p.m.
  • "From what I've gathered he was leaving Dales and he got on it for a little bit and then the other driver pulled out in front of him. The 80mph was estimated bu other people that saw him and was never verified,they mist have just assumed that since his car is loud and sounded like it was going 100mph."

Only person making assumptions is YOU.

Zach is not some average Patrol cop. (No offense to patrol officers)
    He is a senior traffic accident investigator assigned to traffic division.

Tell me Jordan, ever heard of Crashmath?
    it can very accurately tell you exactly what the speeds were at impact. Officers use it to perform reconstructions of accidents to determine who was at fault. Your "buddy" was cited for "unsafe speed" therefore whether he "got on it for a bit" or did more, he WAS going too fast.

He was irresponsible to have ever "got on it" AT ALL!
    You see, this is the concept you and your buddies cannot seem to grasp. You have NO RIGHT to be drag racing (or racing OF ANY KIND) on public streets, because it IS UNSAFE no matter what you THINK your skills are.

"There will be legal action though to the advocate and the news for spreading slander."

No.. there won't.
    Because like everything else you've posted... You're full of it.
    Besides, Slander is verbal, The word your uneducated self is looking for is Libel.

Idiots like you however are never gonna change or stop until you get yourselves (or worse... others) killed.

Hey Advocate,
    It would be interesting if you would do a followup on this and do an open records and publish the Accident report on this including the crashmath (it can produce diagrams as well) results. If for nothing else then to shut this loudmouth moron up who is actually defending breaking the law and being an idiot, and endangering the lives of other Victorians.

Maybe you can do a special report (ala Fatal Funnel style) on these idiots to help educate (yeah I know.. a longshot) some of these yahoos. Even if only ONE racer decides that it ain't worth it and quits, it would be worth the effort.

Tell you one thing Jordan, If you EVER wreck into me, you better by God wish for one of two things... that you DO cause enough injury to me to incapacitate me, or two... that the police get there EXTREMELY fast. Because I WILL INSURE you join me on the way to the hospital in an ajoining ambulance.

March 1, 2012 at 8:09 p.m.
  • But if I goto the track I would get kicked off after the 1st pass for no cage,seems like a waste of gas just to do that once.

From what I've gathered he was leaving Dales and he got on it for a little bit and then the other driver pulled out in front of him. The 80mph was estimated bu other people that saw him and was never verified,they mist have just assumed that since his car is loud and sounded like it was going 100mph. There will be legal action though to the advocate and the news for spreading slander.

March 1, 2012 at 7:19 p.m.
  • vet43 when did i say i race when other people are around? i actually dont like it when other cars around because of the added danger to me and others. Its human nature to do things even when laws are present,which is why you have drug users,drunk drivers,etc.

March 1, 2012 at 6:36 p.m.
  • Do you even know wtf you are talking about SS396? How do i drive a rice burner? thats just an ignorant statement from people who know nothing about cars. my waste gate valve too tight? yes because thats possible. How is it fun to goto the track when i have to have a rollcage to even race? Why would i ruin a perfectly good street car with a cage? And the police have no reason to arrest me cause of something i said on the internet lol. Ive seen way more accidents with people driving drunk(which i think is retarded to do,and is why i dont drink and drive) or kids in lifted up trucks,than i have with people racing. But again no one will believe me and people with never agree with me because i do something illegal so i must be unintelligent and a bad person.

March 1, 2012 at 6:24 p.m.
  • jordankj:

You sound like a reasonable adult. Just how proud are you when a family comming home late one night is killed because they were ignorant by your racing standards?

P.S. Back in the 60's ran G/Gas 52 Ford but never lit her up on the street.

March 1, 2012 at 6:18 p.m.
  • jordankj,

Your own statements have already proven the police have every good reason to be following you around. You also need you license yanked and your privilege to drive revoked.

The is NOTHING responsible about you or your actions by your own admission of what those actions are.

Aside from growing a pair of braincells and getting some common sense and intelligence (an outcome I am NOT hopeful for), about the BEST POSSIBLE outcome we (the people of Victoria) can hope for is that you and your buddies get yourselves in a wreck and get yourselves killed BEFORE you wind up killing some innocent family whose only fault was the misfortune of sharing the road with your stupid arse.

The very notion that simply driving a more powerful car automatically conveys better driving skills shows just what a moron you are and just what a danger to other drivers you are.

Advocate,
    The above is not a personal attack but a statement of fact and better not be removed as an attack. Because someone NEEDS to say it, whether he wants to hear it or not.

March 1, 2012 at 6:11 p.m.
  • Im done with you ignorant people, SS396 you show your ignorance even more with the comment. shows how much you know about cars if you think only American cars can be fast. I wont say what car i have because i dont need the police following me around for no reason. And the cops know we race out there,they usually just leave us alone,and thats not like thats the only place we race at. I know there is drag strips all around,i goto SAR often,but with it being 1hr 30 min away its no convenient.

March 1, 2012 at 5:34 p.m.
  • Yeah Jordank, how did it go down?? I'd like to know too.

You contradict yourself with this statement:
    "In my 5 years that ive been street racing, me and the group of people ive been with have had zero accidents,because we do it safely and responsibly."
    How can doing something terribly illegal be responsible?
    Plus you're bringing attention to you and your "group" by informing the police of the illegal activity.
    Not too responsible in my book, but then again maybe the definition of responsible has changed since I was that age.

March 1, 2012 at 5:19 p.m.
  • jordankj
    That's some funny stuff!

Thanks

Jason Bourne
    aka David Webb

March 1, 2012 at 4:11 p.m.
  • You people need to mind your own business and stop believing everything the advocate says. i personally know the driver of the pontiac and this is not how it went down,but of course no one will believe him because he is a young adult(24) with a sports car,and he could never be right. And so what if we do street race all the way out past city limits and like 1 am when the only people on the road is us.and the only people we are putting in danger is ourselves,which is a risk with street racing. Would you like it better if we raced down Navarro? And i can guarantee you that people that drive a high horse power car have much better driving skills than a person that drives a focus or suburban,and if you dont believe me then you are just being ignorant. I dont like this stigma that people give with to people that drive high horse power cars and or people that street race. In my 5 years that ive been street racing, me and the group of people ive been with have had zero accidents,because we do it safely and responsibly. The people that do it in the middle of town are just retarded and asking for an accident.

March 1, 2012 at 3:55 p.m.
  • You people should go out there in that area during the weekend after midnight!! They drag race and the motorcyclists are out there all of the time!! I have young drivers and I would hate for them to be out there when those idiots are out there driving like maniacs. The city needs lights out there and the cops need to patrol out there too!! 80 mph!!! Who ever it was better get his/her license suspended for a while!!!!

February 29, 2012 at 11:42 a.m.
  • Flyer74:

I totally agree with you, however, you seem to have omitted why this town even erects STOP signs. I would venture to say that about 5% of the drivers in Victoria obey a STOP sign. I have seen too many town employees in town owned vehicles running stop signs, speeding and generally being an unsafe driver. Come on cops start enforcing the traffic laws as established in this state.

February 29, 2012 at 9:07 a.m.
  • Another case of Ignorant drivers in Victoria, I have never seen so many morons behind a wheel....they have no clue how to drive safely, they speed, swerve in front of you using no signal (that little stick on the left side of the steering wheel ) use it, thats what its there for....we need to send all the lousy drivers and believe me there are a lot in this town to Houston and believe me they won't be coming back to Victoria, they will be eliminated.

February 29, 2012 at 7:59 a.m.