Comments

• I love it how Tafoer attacks and bait, but when called out he hides.

January 4, 2012 at 2:51 a.m.
  • OK. 432 X Opps = He is a prince. It makes no difference if these horrible acts were done by Green aliens the fact remains these children need justice. Not a protector of some of the people. And even illegal aliens are people.

I am sure there are people that hold him in high regard. I do not.

January 3, 2012 at 10:22 p.m.
  • Bob

Thanks for the article, I should probably read it a little closer but at this time I still have my doubts.

Officially I dont believe that any group should be mistreated but also think all groups need to make sure that they dont encourage mistreatment (so called).

January 3, 2012 at 7:50 p.m.
  • OK, I read a little about this Araipo guy. It appears that the Arizona folks love him and yes, his victories at the voting booths have been something akin to a bloodbath. He whipped the competition soundly and the polls make it look pretty clear. He is loved!
    Here is the good part... He doesn't hate Latinos, he dislikes criminals. But despite that he has developed some wonderful programs to rehabilitate those folks and get this... He wants to help them stay out of jail or prison.

In an effort to get a fully rounded feeling though, I'll go read some ACLU websites to see what the hate mongers think about Araipo. I'm sure that with his tough on criminals approach, they probably call him names like some of those on this thread.

"Americas Toughest Sheriff". Scary stuff taking measures to ensure the lives of criminals aren't pleasent while they are serving their time. The more I read the more I like about this guy.

January 3, 2012 at 6:35 p.m.
  • I'm not sure about all the alleged activities in Arizona but now that you have me interested I went and did a little googling and here are a couple of things to support my thoughts. Good reading here and thanks for the idea Mike.

A great site ... http://www.sheriffjoe.org/
    Check out the news/Polls

another one... http://mcso.org/About/Sheriff.aspx
    Just read the article. Facsinating man this Araipo

January 3, 2012 at 5:48 p.m.
  • Worshipers of Joe Araipo. LOL!

Funny thing about this lowest form of life, Bull Connor, bully, and whatever else the haters here want to call him, he has been reelected more than once by the people that live there.
    I have no idea but I would be willing to bet that for all his detractors his victories at the voting booths were HUGE!
    And if those victories were as bug as I think they are it would make me think the people there like what they are seeing.

Now this really doesn't say anything except that the people that are near this guy seem to be very happy with him.

The guy is using the tools available and maybe a few others to try and stop "ILLEGAL" people from taking over his state. I'm havng a hard time finding fault with that. If I lived there and one of the Sheriffs pulled me over and asked are you an illegal? I would be more than happy to thank them for their great work while showing them my license or whatever else was required to prove my residence of this country.

Hmmm, child abuse being acceptable??? Nope, how did you expect me to answer?
    I don't know that I have the full details of the whole story surrounding this "alleged" child abuse thing you are blathering about. If Araipo has been convicted of something, that is news to me. Maybe you know something the rest of us don't.

I heard he apologized to the alleged victims. Sounds like he understands mistakes were made and he is trying to correct them. Just another reason for us to be thanking him for his fine efforts.

January 3, 2012 at 5:24 p.m.
  • Getsmart,

Legal or illegal, when a child is abused it is the law that must protect them. They were not important enough for the Sheriff to protect them.

January 3, 2012 at 5:01 p.m.
  • vet43
    I make no bones about it, I'm a bias Democrat but I don't judge local officials by their party affiliations, nor do I think that the actions of an individual, represents an entire political party. Common sense will tell you that we only have two major political parties, so it’s very unlikely that one will stand out to be Saintly.

You know if some of these Joe Arpaio worshipers would ever pick up a newspaper once in a awhile, go to the public library to read some back issues or Google the allegations they would know that the Bush administration initiated the civil rights investigation. Sheriff Joe was investigating at least 14 officials in county government, many of whom had criticized him publicly or made decisions with which he disagreed. That's abuse of power.

January 3, 2012 at 3:46 p.m.
  • And what does party affiliation have to do with the price of tea in China? Just about everyone in the south and prior to civil rights legislation was a Democrat. A party label does not define a person and what in the world is a loyal democrat? The only thing he was loyal to was the KKK because he led a delegation and walked out of the 1948 Democratic Convention to start the Dixiecrats. Like Sheriff Joe Arpaio,Bull Conner was a despicable man no matter what party he belonged to.

I'm sure they are thousands of outstanding republican sheriffs but Joe Arpaio is not one of them.

And that's without the 5 exclamation points.

January 3, 2012 at 3:24 p.m.
  • Bull Connor was a loyal DEMOCRAT!!!!!

January 3, 2012 at 2:27 p.m.
  • JasonB,

I really do not care which political party this person belongs to. He is, by default, supporting child abuse of the worst kind. Do you find that acceptable?

January 3, 2012 at 1:25 p.m.
  • It is funny that local Christian Conservative men are having a love fest over Joe Arpario and the Consitution when the Shreiff didn’t honor the 14 amendment and due process . By the way this isn’t about illegals or Mexicans.

Mr. Williams

January 3, 2012 at 1:11 p.m.
  • Nice drama there vet43. I'm sure there is more to the story

You can't go anywhere without seeing something bad about Arpaio. He pisses people off because he takes the law and makes people follow it. Maybe he exerts a few liberties with illegals. Maybe not. He won't live forever and pretty soon he will either retire or be run out by the great wussies of America.

You want the problem solved but handing over the keys to our cities to the illegals doesn't seem to be the correct resolution. Arpaio has started a process and while not perfect, he is taking the action everyone else is terrified to even talk about. I'm sure our federal immigration team will be able to throw a few trillion dollars at this and solve the problem in another 75 years or so.

I had completely forgotten that Arpaio was one of those mean, dirty, nasty Republicans. No wonder he's so bad. LOL! Now I get why there are so many angry voices directed at him.

You're right Mike, there are other posters you were directing your reply to. The rest of my sentence I'll stand by. None of them have done or are doing enough.

January 3, 2012 at 11:37 a.m.
  • Thanks for the exact count, vet43

It's obvious why Joe (Bull Conner)Arpaio ignored the child molestations and just recently a 20 year old Gulf War vet died while in custody after being tased by sheriff’s deputies. There are a lot of suspicious and wrongful deaths associated with his jails. Instead of staying home and explaining the charges, he is out campaigning for Rick Perry.

The hero worshipers will try to validate someone losing their 14th amendment rights, civil rights as just collateral damage, as if inhumanity is the goal.

I am starting to see visions of fire hoses and dogs....

January 3, 2012 at 11:15 a.m.
  • Mike,

I believe it was 432 cases of child molestation that this Sheriff's Office ignored. How does someone sleep at night knowing that 432 children cried out in pain and this man(?) choose not to help?

January 3, 2012 at 10:56 a.m.
  • "Whether Obama's administration is doing more, less, or anything to help the immigration issue is really beside the point."

No,it is the point because BELIEVE it or NOT,you are not the only poster commenting on Joe (Bull Conner) Arpaio...My post was specifically aimed at the republican posters who said the democrats and Obama were bringing several charges of circumventing the United States Constitution, not investigating ~400 child molestation cases, racial profiling and promoting a culture of discriminatory bias against Latinos. They specifically said it was for political reasons.

January 3, 2012 at 10:48 a.m.
  • Whether Obama's administration is doing more, less, or anything to help the immigration issue is really beside the point. It's my opinion that this and "all" previous administrations have done far less than they should have.
    This didn't just start when Obama took his oath.

Araipo??? Yeah he may enjoy the spotlight. He may enjoy taking an aggressive approach to immigration. Is he stepping over the line in his approach? I don't think so.
    Is he a Bully with a Badge??? I sure as heck hope so. Someone needs to step up. It's just a shame no one in Texas and the other border states are taking as aggressive a stance as Arizona has.
    Not all law enforcement chooses to wait until a white truck loaded to the gills with people decides to run from them until they take decisive action.

The Bull Connor reference is a bit over the top. Not even close!

Get em Araipo and Arizona. If it looks like an illegal, and acts like an illegal, it's probably an illegal. I hope anyone that accidentally gets caught up in the fray understands that it is for the greater good.

January 3, 2012 at 10:18 a.m.
  • Let's take a harder look at what is "irresponsible and clueless". The Sheriff is being targeted because he ignored several child molestation reports that involved children of suspected illegal immigrants. That is pure evil.

Our nation needs role models but this person is not one I would choose to protect children, all children.

January 3, 2012 at 9:53 a.m.
  • This is just a one article that proves it's easier to regurgitate right wing talking points than it is to produce actual facts.

"Since taking office, the Obama administration has implemented a far more aggressive immigration enforcement policy than the Bush administration — deporting close to 400,000 people a year."

Don't take my word,go to the Homeland Security site and the actual numbers are listed on their website.

I've been waiting for several years to be shown documentation where illegal immigrants actually voted. I can produce documents where the Bush administration found only a few minor cases of voter fraud and it did not involve illegal immigrants. Anyone using common sense knows that these people live in the shadows ,they will not risk deportation for such a risky move of which they do not have an interest in... If anything, it would be Tyson Chicken and Hormel (GOP donors) who would be mad at the tactics of someone like a Sheriff Joe Arpaio.... I still say if you admired Bull Conner then Joe is your hero.

"irresponsible and clueless" is not citing a source to prove one's person opinion....IMO

January 3, 2012 at 9:28 a.m.
  • Bashing Sheriff Joe is proof people are irresponsible and clueless about the criminal justice system. An unarguable fact; Ol'Joe has the lowest rate of recidivism. That means he is turning criminals lives around! People that commit crime don't do it again. Sounds like a guy I would vote for. Every policy he creates follows all state and federal laws. Joe is being sued by the Feds because the liberal left would prefer that illegals get in the USA so they can continue to vote for the party that catiers to to them by not enforcing the federal imagration laws. Joe is doing such a good job he is hurting the party in office! Go Joe Go!

January 3, 2012 at 9 a.m.
  • Every county needs a Joe Arpaio. It is sad that the states are going to have to do the work that should be done by the Federal government. Obama and his gang are only after him because he is bringing attention and focus to their inaction on illegal immigration.

January 3, 2012 at 8:55 a.m.
  • Sheriff Joe Arpaio is a 21st century Bull Connor, a bully with a badge and a gun.

January 3, 2012 at 8:42 a.m.
  • This man is a bigot with a badge. A very bad combination.

January 3, 2012 at 2:59 a.m.
  • @ Gary. I refer you to the NY times article at the following website:

January 2, 2012 at 11:50 p.m.
  • Getsmart, Please don't bring up the subject of fast and furious. The Democrats are trying to keep the lid on that one. Also, remember not to post anything about Solyndra. AG Holder and his inaction with the Black Panthers are taboo as well.
    Any sheriff who makes inmates wear pink boxer shorts and sleep on pink bed sheets has my vote!

January 2, 2012 at 10:17 p.m.
  • Kyle, just what in heck do you mean by that remark?

January 2, 2012 at 9:59 p.m.
  • "America has come to the end of its destiny."

Americans do have a penchant for the dramatic, don't they?

January 2, 2012 at 9:31 p.m.
  • Sheriff Arpaio = good ole boy.

January 2, 2012 at 8:33 p.m.
  • Sherrif Araipo is an American Hero!!! I wish every law enforcement officer was like him. I wish every state would get tough like Arizona is trying to do. Especially the great state of Texas.

January 2, 2012 at 7:14 p.m.
  • the federal government has made these allegations.

Some how that fact is not a confidence builder for me.

January 2, 2012 at 6:39 p.m.
  • Sheriff Arpaio is the lowest form of human life there can possibly be. He hides behind the badge to harass, humiliate, and degrade Latinos in his jurisdiction. The federal government is already investigating this matter. This were not my allegations, the federal government has made these allegations. There is also the question of lack of investigating crimes by his department and the misuse of and misappropriation of funds in his current administration. Time for him to step down and accept responsibility for his criminal activity, not retire and move to Escondido, California as he is plannning.

January 2, 2012 at 6:23 p.m.