Jan. 3, 2012 at 11:01 p.m.
Updated Jan. 2, 2012 at 7:03 p.m.
• FREEPORT: Sand trout and sheepshead are good on live shrimp on the reefs. Redfish are good in Cold Pass and San Luis pass on cracked blue crabs.
• EAST MATAGORDA BAY: Trout are fair for drifters on plum plastics over humps and scattered shell. Redfish are fair on the edge of the Intracoastal on crabs and mullet.
• WEST MATAGORDA BAY: Redfish are fair on the south shoreline in the guts and bayous. Sheepshead are fair around piers and rocks on shrimp. Trout are fair to good in the guts on soft plastics.
• PORT O'CONNOR: Redfish are fair on Corkies over soft mud and drop-offs near reefs on plastics. Redfish are fair at the mouths of drains on soft plastics and gold spoons.
• ROCKPORT: Redfish are fair to good at California Hole on shrimp. Trout are fair on the edge of the ICW on glow DOA Shrimp.
• PORT ARANSAS: Redfish are fair to good on the edge of the channel on Gulps and mullet. Sand trout are good on shrimp in the channel.
• CORPUS CHRISTI: Redfish are fair good in the Humble Channel and around Emmords Hole on crabs and shrimp. Trout are fair on the edge of the flats on live shrimp and DOA Shrimp.
• BAFFIN BAY: Trout are fair to good in mud and rocks on Corkies, 52 MirrOlures and Catch 2000s. Redfish are fair on the edge of the Land Cut on plastics tipped with shrimp.
• PORT MANSFIELD: Trout are fair to good on DOA Shrimp around grass holes. Trout and redfish are fair on muddy shorelines and on the edge of the ICW on Corkies and soft plastics worked slowly.
• SOUTH PADRE: Trout and redfish are fair on the edge of the Intracoastal on DOA Shrimp and Gulps. Redfish, black drum and mangrove snapper are fair to good in the channel on shrimp.
REPORTS COMPILED BY BINK GRIMES