Comments

• I'm anti suddenlink, I switched to Direct TV HD and AT&T DSL BEST financial decision ever, I don't even bother watching local channels for fox and abc, a simple call to request NY channels and a month later for network approval and I've got everything I've wanted.

February 1, 2012 at 2:59 p.m.
  • Try the services of Internet America. They are fast and seldom break down.
    They have serveral plans to choose from up to 10Mbps download speed. All for about $50 a month. They may be a little more expensive than Suddenlink but more dependable. Customer service is good too. If you want to try go to www.internetamerica.com to see their packages and prices.

January 16, 2012 at 5:28 a.m.
  • I don't understand how they are able to know what I'm downloading unless they are hacking my system. I know when I have called support in the past I have to unlock my firewall, because they can't get in. So, how are theygoing to monitor the usage?

January 15, 2012 at 7:45 p.m.
  • Suddenlink service is horrible. Entire bundle-phone, TV, and internet- out one morning. Service number said it would be 5 days before they could fix it.

January 15, 2012 at 6:48 p.m.
  • d6975, tisd.net Internet is pretty good, I question the reliability of it though. Worked for an office downtown, they were our ISP, and we had outages on 20-30 occasions during a 3 year span. With an outage lasting the whole day. And NO you do not get a person every time! I'd get voicemail most of the time during an outage. They are another option though. The Suddenlink overage charges are ludacris. But the plans sound reasonable. 150 gig a month is a lot.

January 15, 2012 at 6:20 p.m.
  • If it's not going to affect 99 percent of current users, then why even bother going through with the change at all? They'd go through all that trouble for that other 1 percent, eh?

January 15, 2012 at 5:51 p.m.
  • I use www.tisd.net Locally owned and operated. I have not had a problem and it's blazing fast. If you have a problem, you get to talk to a human as soon as you call. Not spend the afternoon on the phone.

January 15, 2012 at 3:34 p.m.
  • walktheshoes:

Have you heard about their unlimited VOiP service for $25/month? In all of the ads with Jerry, their CEO, he rants about this but not one word is said about the $6.50 extra for the free long distance calling. This is FALSE advertising and should be known to all that Suddenlink is really playing dirty pool. As already stated, more competition would help this monopoly die.

January 15, 2012 at 1:55 p.m.
  • On the one hand, bandwidth is not free and, as usage increases, someone has to pay for it.
    On the other hand, a little competition in the Victoria area would probably do wonders for the rates charged.

January 15, 2012 at 12:49 p.m.
  • Nationwide ISP's listen up!! We need competition in the Victoria area, This is pure BS and tough handed tactics.. Time to start a petition and let us be heard. 100 a month for internet is both STUPID and crooked. They already charge 2-3 times more if you only have internet to begin with. They win because we LET THEM.. cmon, TISD and other small isp's join together and lets have a local run provider that cares about us and not their bottom line only!

January 15, 2012 at 11:56 a.m.
  • my last month bill increased by 7 dollars and that was just for their pocket. nothing to do with internet, just another way of charging us for technology that someone else created.

January 15, 2012 at 11:30 a.m.
  • two words:--------------------THIS SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ---------------------------oh,well----------------------------------------------------------------

January 15, 2012 at 11:29 a.m.
  • Hopefully the unused gigs will rollover? Not good If they reset each month?

January 15, 2012 at 10:59 a.m.
  • OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!!

January 15, 2012 at 9:54 a.m.
  • I wish we had a choice in cable and data providers in Victoria. With only one provider, its either choose Suddenlink or nothing. Monopoly.

January 15, 2012 at 9:33 a.m.