Comments

• We were told by law enforcement to shoot them, dispose of them, and then act like we knew nothing about it.
    If a dog comes up missing, it's just part of not protecting your animals.

January 31, 2012 at 12:26 p.m.
  • I live out in the county, and there are dogs and cats running loose everywhere. I call animal control and about time they get here, the owners put the animals up. I have a new neighbor and the dog barks all day and night. My brother and Sister in law also live in the county. Last month dogs got into the chicken pin and she shot it. So she called the sheriff to make a report. when they showed up the officer said he could arrest her for shooting the dog. When a month before that the same dog had been in the pen and when she called the sheriff to see what she can do they told her to shoot it. Then this weekend while they were gone some dogs got in the pen and killed all the chickens, so she called the sheriff to report it. They never showed up and she called them twice to see when they will be there and every time the dispatcher told her in 5 to 10 min.

January 31, 2012 at 10:27 a.m.
  • SAS - how DO you shut up a yapping pup? Mine are constantly protecting me from the killer magnolia leaves that blow up to my front door.

January 23, 2012 at 7:09 p.m.
  • Its so sad to hear y'all say to shoot the dogs...its not their fault. But I agree with the owners not taking responsibility for them. I also think animal control NEEDS to do something about it. I would keep records of all the calls I've made & if something would happen guess who I'm going after!! Yes! I would its their job!

January 22, 2012 at 6:45 p.m.
  • What about a barking dog that is in his fenced yard? It barks when neighbors are outside and when they r getting home. Can they do something about it? Its a dog it has to bark. I mean how can u shut a dog up!?! I'm sure they'll appreciate it when he warns them from a robber.

January 22, 2012 at 6:39 p.m.
  • Cats are a problem but a different problem from the concerns in the article. We're 20 miles from the city limits but 1/2 mile from a subdivision. Every time we get quail established on our property here come the house cats. Can't leave a window down on the truck for fear of a tom crawling in and leaving his scent. Dogs....just as bad. They chase the domestic animals and run the deer and cottontails. I don't care to put animals down because of owner neglect but will if left with no other option. Even if you can find out who the animals belong to you refrain from confronting them for fear of retaliation if something happens to fluffy. We keep our dog in a kennel because we respect others private property rights. Wish our neighbors would do the same I've had to run their pets out of my front yard and off my back porch.

January 22, 2012 at 2:47 p.m.
  • cats running wild also need a bullet for their own good! I don't want my grandchildren around stray cats either!

January 22, 2012 at 2:09 p.m.
  • Shoot the dogs, that will solve the problem.

As far as the cats. Naah they probably aren't attacking anyone...BUT, the cat owners think their cat should be shared by the entire neighborhood.

Hey Cat & Dog owners. If you want to keep them, keep them to yourself. If not we will control them for you. Have a great day!!!

When your little puppy or kitty turns up missing because you failed to take care of it, blame yourself.

January 22, 2012 at 1:54 p.m.
  • a bullet is cheaper than having the county waste their expensive gasoline driving out to check stray dogs running loose!

January 22, 2012 at 12:30 p.m.
  • Yes, justafan....I was cornered by a wild, roving herd of cats just the other day....so scary. :)

January 22, 2012 at 9:40 a.m.
  • i also live out of the city limits and have seen animal control in our neighorhood regularly..i have also called them on occasion...they will respond...but i also agree with those who say shoot the wild dogs...children do not deserve to be in danger because of this problem...ther has been too many children mauled by loose dogs...i would not hesitate to take out any animal that was threatening a child..i have put a pellet or two in a few loose dogs on our street just to get them to run off.

January 22, 2012 at 9:39 a.m.
  • Could we add cats to this conversation?

January 22, 2012 at 8:56 a.m.
  • twice last year I had to chase dogs off that were trying to bring down a small calf if only I would've had a gun!

January 22, 2012 at 7:48 a.m.
  • It is a sad thing,indeed.

But the Animal Shelter would only

euthenize them using a gas chamber,

which is much more terrifying and cruel

than a quick shot.

The careless "owner" is the one that really deserves the punishment.

January 22, 2012 at 5:57 a.m.
  • All loose animals (dogs and cats) should be shot on sight if they are not controlled. If you can not control your animal you don't deserve to own it. One bullet would be cost effective and would be a new weapon on the loose and dangerous dogs and cats. Only the law officers should be the ones to put the dogs down with a bullet. I live in the country and I don't want your unwanted pets. Stop dropping them off in my area just to let them starve cause I run them off and do not feed them. Don't be cruel to the animals. Take them to a shelter instead. The county dog pound or Dorthy O`Connor Pet Adoption Center comes to mind.
    GET YOUR ANIMAL FIXED!!!

January 22, 2012 at 5:12 a.m.
  • shoot stray dogs don't tell anyone though!

January 21, 2012 at 10:23 p.m.