Comments

February 6, 2012 at 12:02 p.m.
  • Edith are you saying that this happened in Victoria?

I have it from a source that this kind of activity does not happen in Victoria.

February 6, 2012 at 11:50 a.m.
  • However, apparently they have relaxed the rules considerably for 'friends of friends'. As I was leaving the courthouse a bit earlier this morning, I observed the ED of VEDC walk through the metal detector, set it off, and keep walking. He was not stopped.

February 6, 2012 at 10:12 a.m.
  • I think the increased security is ridiculous period.
    However what is really bad is that all the longtime hardworking honest county employees are being subjected to removing shoes belts jewlelery and yes silverware as if they were strangers at teh courthouse.

This is all being done because o'connor wants to play natioanl security

January 25, 2012 at 10:06 a.m.
  • Geez....that's sad, they took their silverware from their lunch.....there should be a difference between an employees lunch & a spectator having a spork.

January 24, 2012 at 10:18 p.m.
  • As ridiculous as it may sound, I believe the silverware was confiscated from an employee's lunch bag.

January 24, 2012 at 10:01 p.m.
  • Take my liberty but don't touch my silverware! Who brings silverware to court?

January 24, 2012 at 7:04 p.m.
  • I like O'Conner, and think he does a really good job at keeping us safe. But, come on, really? The regulars are now being throughly searched? So does this mean when I go in for jury duty, I will not make it on time. Won't be my fault if the line is that long. Get real. You know who you can trust, you know your regulars. I do not understand this. I have been there to many times to count and when someone had something on them, the machines caught it. And then they throughly searched you.
    I really feel for the lawyers, and employees, truly I do.

January 24, 2012 at 2:07 p.m.
  • So the REAL DANGER will be right OUTSIDE the Courthouse. Kinda like when the Bank was robbed a block away awhile back.

January 24, 2012 at 9:33 a.m.
  • They'll all (including readers) want O'Connor's head if something happens like in Tyler or numerous other courthouses. He can't win either way.

January 24, 2012 at 8:41 a.m.
  • V.T.C.A., Local Government Code § 291.003

Texas statutes provides that ...
    § 291.003. Control of Courthouse

The county sheriff shall have charge and control of the county courthouse, subject to the regulations of the commissioners court.

Therefore it is clear that the level of abuse heaped upon on court house employees and the public is governed by the judge and commissioners not the sheriff

God I love the internet

January 24, 2012 at 3:51 a.m.
  • So this has nothing to do with the gang members going on trial this week?
    Really?

January 23, 2012 at 10:40 p.m.
  • "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither ... " Benjamin Franklin

January 23, 2012 at 8:20 p.m.