Polls open Tuesday for runoff
July 29, 2012 at 2:29 a.m.
Updated July 30, 2012 at 2:30 a.m.
DEMOCRATIC PARTY RUNOFF
• U.S. Senator: Paul Sadler and Grady Yarbrough
• U.S. Representative, District 27: Rose Meza Harrison and Jerry J. Trevino
• State Board of Education, Place 2 member: Ruben Cortez Jr. and Celeste Zepeda Sanchez
REPUBLICAN PARTY RUNOFF
• U.S. Senator: David Dewhurst and Ted Cruz
• Railroad Commissioner: Christi Craddick and Warren Chisum
• Railroad Commissioner, unexpired term: Greg Parker and Barry Smitherman
• Supreme Court, Place 4 justice: John Devine and David Medina
• Victoria County Precinct Party Chairman, Precinct 10: David Hagan and Sean Petrash
• Victoria County Precinct Party Chairman, Precinct 14: Richard Bailey, Matt Ocker and Beverly Martin
• Victoria County Precinct Party Chairman, Precinct 18: Toni Marek and J.R. Burns.
Victoria County Polling Places
• Precinct 1:, Hopkins Magnet School, 110 Hopkins Drive
• Precinct 2: County Courthouse, 115 N. Bridge St.
• Precinct 3: Trinity Episcopal Church, 1501 N. Glass St.
• Precinct 4: Patti Welder Magnet School, 1604 E. North St.
• Precinct 5: Crain Middle School, 2706 N. Azalea St.
• Precinct 6: Family Worship Center, 501 Sam Houston Drive
• Precinct 7: O'Connor Magnet School, 3402 Bobolink Lane
• Precinct 8: Shields Elementary School, 3400 Bluebonnet Lane
• Precinct 9: National Guard Armory, 106 E. Mockingbird Lane
• Precinct 10: Liberty Academy, 1110 Sam Houston Drive
• Precinct 11: Precinct 4 Portable Building, 14721 J-2 Ranch Road
• Precinct 12: Placedo Volunteer Fire Department, 284 Williams St., Placedo
• Precinct 13: Bloomington Fire Department, 551 W. Second St., Bloomington
• Precinct 14: Guadalupe School, 1952 Guadalupe Road
• Precinct 15: McFaddin School Building, 1993 A Farm-to-Market Road 445, McFaddin
• Precinct 16: Kemper City Community Center, 405 Kemper City Road South
• Precinct 17: Howell Middle School, 2502 Fannin Drive
• Precinct 18: Aloe Elementary School, 62 Chaparral Drive
• Precinct 19: Smith Elementary School, 2901 Erwin St.
• Precinct 20: Wilson Residence, 4543 Ranch-to-Market Road 236
• Precinct 21: Vickers Elementary, 708 Glascow St.
• Precinct 22: Mission Valley Volunteer Fire Department, 34 Reinecke Road
• Precinct 23: Precinct 2 Service Center, 13323 Nursery Drive, Nursery
• Precinct 25: Rowland Elementary, 2706 Leary Lane
• Precinct 26: Telferner Methodist Church, 81 Old Highway Road, Telferner
• Precinct 28: William Wood Elementary School, 183 Wood Hi School Road
• Precinct 29: DeLeon Elementary School, 1002 Santa Barbara St.
• Precinct 30: Our Saviour's Lutheran Church, 4102 N. Ben Jordan St.
• Precinct 31: Tanglewood Club House, 401 Rosewood St.
• Precinct 32: Victoria ISD Administration Building, 102 Profit Drive
• Precinct 33: Holy Family Catholic Church, 704 Mallette Drive
• Precinct 34: Dudley Magnet School, 3307 Callis St.
• Precinct 35: F.W. Gross Montessori School, 1208 S. Navarro St.
Two Democratic Party candidates will square off Tuesday to see who will face Republican Tony Mallette in the fall general election for Victoria County Commissioner Precinct 1.
Former Justice of the Peace Annie Ramos and Danny Garcia, a retired transportation specialist at the Texas Department of Transportation, were the only two Victoria County candidates to have a runoff election.
The job of the county commissioner calls for building and maintaining the county's roads and bridges, adopting the budget and tax rate, and conducting business on behalf of the county.
According to information from the Texas Secretary of State, voters who cast ballots in one of the major party primary elections can only vote for that same party in the runoff election. Voters who did not cast a ballot in primary elections are free to choose either party's runoff ballot, but may only vote in one party's runoff election.
Voting is open Tuesday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the county's 35 polling locations. Voters can only cast a ballot at their assigned polling location.