Comments

• These employees and store owners have absolutely NO CONTROL over how the products are used after they are sold. Having them arrested was total bull. Last I heard using synthetics was not illegal, if you want to them to stop selling it then make it illegal to sell in Victoria

June 10, 2012 at 9:23 p.m.
  • Bath Salts..........They will turn you into a zombie! We will catch you trying to gnawl off other humans face. Just do the real stuff. Less likely to eat people or jump off a roof.

June 7, 2012 at 6:40 a.m.
  • Do you honestly think that these business owners and employees intentionally broke the law just to sale these products? cmon now! They were allowed for many years to sale these products. The sheriff knew it the police department knew it and the DA knew all about it all this time and now all of a sudden they have to conduct raids cause a big scene like they were really catching harden criminals. And now they are charging them with a felony that carries a sentence of ten years. What an embarrassment. We have assistant DA's and felony district judges that committ fraud and allow witnesses to commit perjury in their courtroom and what do they get? Pay raises and pats on the back. THE GOOD OLD BOYS OF VICTORIA....

June 6, 2012 at 6:51 p.m.

June 5, 2012 at 11:35 p.m.
  • Broccoli juice?!?!?!? I HOPE you're joking. Do People juice broccoli? Ghad...talk about gag a maggot!

June 5, 2012 at 8:08 p.m.
  • I dont like carrot or tomato juice...do they have broccoli juice? : ) Really though...Im not on the hunt for any kind of stimuli...I work a lot of nights...and I was told about this product by regular people who work regular everyday jobs....I was also told it was not the same stuff that was legal last year...so I got it from the store...tried it...and didnt think nothing of it...I compared it to anything else people use to get a little extra pep legally....so I just offered my opinion from experience....but now im a 'knucklehead doper'...hehe. ; )

June 5, 2012 at 6:50 p.m.
  • I guess it's a sugar high. =D

June 5, 2012 at 6:05 p.m.
  • There comes a point in your life when you trade in the stimulants like mini-thins or energy drinks for things to calm you down and are a bit healthier like tension tamer tea and organic carrot juice. Maybe my nerves are shot. ;)

Every time I go to H.E.B. I buy a bottle of carrot juice from over in the produce section. I down that while checking out. It's my new "high." =D

June 5, 2012 at 6:04 p.m.
  • Yea...mini-thins...I tried those back in the day...they were too strong for me...and made me all jittery...like the energy drinks of today make me feel now....so I 'choose' not to drink them...

June 5, 2012 at 5:45 p.m.
  • I remember mini-thins. They were the cheap high sold over-the-counter to minors over twenty years ago. They were marketed as asthma medication, if I remember correctly. On the street (and in the college dorms) it was a well known fact that not only did they give you a legal high, but they made you lose weight pretty fast.

June 5, 2012 at 5:42 p.m.

June 5, 2012 at 5:33 p.m.

June 5, 2012 at 5:31 p.m.

June 5, 2012 at 4:58 p.m.

June 5, 2012 at 4:57 p.m.

June 5, 2012 at 4:51 p.m.

June 5, 2012 at 4:16 p.m.
  • Speaking from experience.....ANYTHING you do excessively will cause harm....I was purchasing these bath salts...Yes, I was using them...I was getting them at a convenience store...I figured they were another mini-thins kind of product...you know the stuff they banned years ago...because idiots were abusing them....anyway...I would purchase 1 container...and it would last me almost 2 weeks...unlike other people that would use it all in 1 night....in alcohol terms...that would be like drinking a liter in 1 night....yes...it would put pep in my step...I never freaked out...I never wanted to eat anybody...no side effects that I have noticed...I used it for 4 months...until the raids and then thats when I found out they were illegal....or banned at least....I have had no withdrawals...and if they were ever to be available again...I would use them again.....maybe they should investigate how many people abuse prescription painkillers....I bet that would be eye opening....again...my point is...ANYTHING can be abused....and if all it takes is a minute percentage of idiots to ban something....then when alcohol is to blame for the death of a family on the road....or to blame for violence or abuse...or kids getting a hold of beer and liquor...how come there is never any talk of banning alcohol?....Yes..its the alcohol defense again....Ha.

June 5, 2012 at 3:26 p.m.
  • Great job by the Victoria Sheriffs Office, the Victoria PD and the Victoria DA's office for all of their hard work. Go after the rest of them!!!!

June 5, 2012 at 1:18 p.m.
  • Once upon a time, people did drugs because they were fun.

June 5, 2012 at 1:13 p.m.
  • The answer to "the VA doesn't help me get medicine to deal with my problems" issue is to document your complaints with the VA, send them to your branch of service medical component, send them to your Congressman and Senators and push the Advocate to investigate the problem. There are other veteran's advocacy groups available for help. The answer IS NOT to self-medicate or to pretend that you're not selling synthetic drugs and to pretend that this is HELPING anyone.

While I rarely agree with anything Steve Tyler does, this was the right call.

June 5, 2012 at 10:43 a.m.
  • I can see holding the people responsible for selling illegal drugs after what has been reported on the news about the dangers of smoking synthetic drugs and especially using bath salts. I can't imagine where people come up wit this stuff and why they would endanger themselves using it. Steve Tyler is an embarrassment to this City and needs to be removed from Office.There isn't enough room in the County Jail to house all the criminals he wants to see convicted and sent to Prison. remember our tax dollars are being wasted for some of these offenders sitting in Jail for no real reason.

June 5, 2012 at 10:21 a.m.
  • Have you seen the national news recent story on what can happen to those who chose to snort the bath salts? It was about the naked man in Miami who ate 80% of the homeless man's face.

June 5, 2012 at 8:05 a.m.
  • familyman he doesnt want everyone in jail just on probation!!!!

June 5, 2012 at 7:31 a.m.
  • So, are we to believe she was getting "$8000 to $10,000 a month" just "helping veterans"? Come on...there were local knuckleheads getting stoned on fake weed. Victoria already has enough problems in schools and such to not add to it with fake dope for our dopey kids. Look at the big picture...

June 5, 2012 at 7:07 a.m.
  • Tyler is power mad! He wants everyone in jail that is not a good ole boy club member!

June 5, 2012 at 6:35 a.m.
  • While I don't believe these products were healthy, people were self medicating with them because it doesn't show up on a drug test.
    Troops coming home suffering from PTSD are given multiple prescriptions with suicide listed as side effect (which explains the high suicide rate among them)... but this "war" on the "drugs," which actually help them without the negative side effects, still continues... And as long as it does, people will turn to the less healthy solution-- yet still healthier than the prescriptions the VA offers!

So Yeah, keep "supporting" the troops with your bumper stickers, but don't listen to them, because I'm sure you know what's best for them...

Good interview with one activist veteran, who also led a support group for PTSD:

June 4, 2012 at 11:52 p.m.

June 4, 2012 at 11:49 p.m.