Prosperity Bank VP to lead 2012 United Way campaign
June 5, 2012 at 1:05 a.m.
VICTORIA COUNTY UNITED WAY
VICTORIA COUNTY UNITED WAY 2012 Campaign Leadership Team • Campaign Chair, Geri Schroeder, Prosperity Bank
• Campaign Events Chair, Margaret Carver, First Victoria National Bank
• Loaned Executive Chair, Jessica Dodds, Gulf Bend Center
• Pacesetter and New Business Initiative Chair, Bruce E. Woods, State Farm Insurance
• Direct Mail Division Chair, LuAnn O'Connor, Coldwell Banker- Ron Brown Co.
• Top 25 Co-Chairs, Russell Janecka, Janecka Insurance; Gary Worsham, Wells Fargo Bank
• Professional Division Co-Chairs, Sarah Korczynski, Re/Max Land & Homes' Sandra DeLaGarza, Wells Fargo Bank
• Large Business Division Chair, David Edwards, Wells Fargo Bank
• Small Business Division Chair, Caleb Staudt, First Victoria National Bank
• Oil & Gas Division Chair, Tom Stocker, Wells Fargo Bank
• Public Service & Education Division Chair, Jeb Lacey, Victoria County
Geri Schroeder, Prosperity Bank senior vice president, is the chairwoman of the 2012 Victoria County United Way Community Campaign.
Gary Worsham, chairman of the United Way board of directors, said in a news release, "Geri has served on the boards of several nonprofit organizations and brings the passion, commitment and leadership needed to lead a successful campaign in challenging times."
A Victoria native and a 30-year banking professional, Schroeder is responsible for the consumer, residential and commercial lending in the Victoria area at Prosperity Bank.
As a well-known community volunteer, she has provided leadership to several organizations that improved the quality of life in Victoria County and Crossroads communities, according to the news release.
These organizations include the Victoria Fine Arts Association, Victoria Symphony, Victoria Bach Festival, Victoria ISD Foundation and the St. Joseph High School Capital Campaign Committee and Jubilee Auction Committee.
Schroeder, upon accepting the leadership position, said, "Like many cities across America, Victoria faced some of its toughest challenges over the past year. Many families in our community struggled to meet their basic needs like access to shelter, medical care, buying groceries and paying utilities.
"Yet thanks to United Way, we came together like never before, leveraged every resource at our command and found smart new ways to gather more. We lifted our neighbors, and in the process, became stronger as a community by valuing each individual."
She said the goals for 2012 are simple - to reach out to every individual and company in the community to help children realize their potential, develop strong families and safe neighborhoods, help seniors sustain their independence and support those who are rebuilding their lives."
"We will do what Victorians have always done, demonstrate our strength of generous giving of our time, talents and gifts."
The Victoria County United Way 2012 campaign kicks off with its annual Day of Caring on Aug. 30.
In 2011, the Victoria County United Way campaign topped $900,000 for the first time in its history, beating its goal of $871,000 with a total raised of $902,506.
For information on how to help, contact executive director Clifford Grimes at 361-578-3561 or firstname.lastname@example.org.