Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Advertise with us

Fire damages Furr's Family Dining

Sonny Long

By Sonny Long
June 8, 2012 at 1:08 a.m.

A fire early Friday morning damaged Furr's Family Dining cafeteria forcing the restaurant to close for the day.

An early morning fire damaged a portion of Furr's Family Dining on Friday, forcing the restaurant to halt its business for the day.

The restaurant, 3603 N. Navarro St., sustained smoke damage throughout the building.

Jay Mathis, the restaurant's general manager, could not be reached for comment, but a Furr's employee said the restaurant would likely be closed Saturday.

At 4:17 a.m., Victoria firefighters responded to the fire, which was visible when they arrived, said Battalion Chief Shannon Martin.

"There is damage to the exterior of the structure and the inside corner of the building, where the fire was, also has some fire damage," Martin said.

Martin said when firefighters arrived the restaurant also was filled with smoke.

One firefighter was injured battling the blaze. He was taken to Citizens Medical Center, where he was treated and released, Martin said.

The fire was under control at 5:03 a.m.

Victoria Fire Marshal Tom Legler said the fire appears to be centered on an exterior light fixture.



Powered By AdvocateDigitalMedia