Comments

• @greatnation1 – I see that you’re an activist for the truth…The truth is the CHAIN OF EVIDENCE supports the father’s account. You have such righteous indignation for the people commenting on this site; even going as far as making up names for us country bumpkins who are only venting a little anger at the very thought of harm being done to a child. I’m still amazed at the blind assumptions you make on the details of this case that have been sanitized for public consumption. What if the only way the only way the 24 year old father could remove the 47 year old molester from his daughter was to give a deadly blow because of his physical make up? Do I know that for sure? NO! but it’s more plausible than your lame theory on the father conspiring with his 5 year old daughter to murder and man… By the way, you’ve thoroughly exhausted balance and due process, move on.

June 16, 2012 at 12:41 a.m.
  • To GreatNation1: It's a given that people are reacting on this forum to what is reported by the media. Therefore, you don't appear to have much in the way of "smarts" on board to even think you need to point that out; everyone already knows this. A college course won't get you too far in the IQ area; I have 2 degrees so I am very familiar with how little "a college course" will do for one. So, being a "given" that our reactions are a response to what has thus far been reported; I will spell it out for you. If the reports are accurate, the father is justified!

June 15, 2012 at 11:29 p.m.
  • ZERO TOLERANCE FOR CHILD MOLESTERS!!! It's that simple. The father is most certainly JUSTIFIED! God bless the father and his family.

June 15, 2012 at 11:01 p.m.
  • Greatnation.

I stand by my comments earlier whether you or anyone else LIKES IT OR NOT. This is the second time or third time I agree with Waywardwind. This should be a message to any other sick and twisted people...DON'T MESS WITH BABIES. It seem to me you never been in the crinimal justice system. Work a few days in a Texas prison, you will see EVIL.

June 15, 2012 at 4:29 p.m.
  • I look at it this way, Human beings have basic instincts. When a human faces fear or is startled there is a thing called adrenaline that starts running through the body and it has be proven time and time again with adrenaline rush can give a human super human strength. If in fact the child screamed the fathers adrenaline began to pump through his veins. As he approached the child and seen her being assulted the adrenaline was by that time built up in his system and he started protecting his daughter. In the process he killed this man. It is accidental and justified. Anyone who thinks a molester needs to be give a second chance should be ashamed of their self. Anyway it is proven that a child who is molested has had their dna ultered at that moment. That child will never for the rest of its life be the same again. Thanks to the molester. Shame on anyone who takes the side of a molester.

June 15, 2012 at 12:02 p.m.
  • Nation...Go to jail for good reason? Someone enters my home and threatens my family and I kill him. You think that is not reason enough to stay out of jail? You seem to think the guy who was killed has some sort of value as a human being. The A&M study you cite looks at opinions. Do you remember the guy in Houston who shot the burglars coming out of hin neighbor's home? The grand jury came back with a no-bill in that case. Texas citizens (who makeup the grand and petit jurors) exhibit a lot of common sense when it comes to people protecting their families and that which is their's.

This case isn't like the Zimmerman case in Florida. Zimmerman will likely be convicted of first degree stupid for not staying in his car like he was told to do. He got out of the car and went looking for Martin, found him, fought with him and shot him. Now as to whether the actual shooting will found to be justified, I don't know, but he should have stayed in his car. In this Texas case, the dead guy entered where he shouldn't, and began attacking a little girl. Daddy heard her screams and beat the snot out of the guy who evidently didn't have a hard enough head. The guy died. Oops. He should have stayed outside and left the little girl alone. He didn't and paid a high price. Are you suggesting that there is someone who is going to contradict the father's version of what happened? I'm not a father, but MY father was and my brother was and I KNOW that they would have fought a lion to protect their kids and grandkids. That IS what dads do....PERIOD. You mess with their kids at your peril.

June 15, 2012 at 6:30 a.m.
  • Call me crazy but I have to agree with greatnation1.

If what the father/family states is true then the guy that died actually got off pretty easy. The fact that folks on this website accepted the initial reports from a single article and praised the father was a little disturbing.
    If true, I won't sympathize with the dead guy... not even a little bit.
    I would rather find out how this guy was allowed into the house and alone with the little girl in the first place.

It would probably have been a better story if the father had taken this guys knee caps out but things like this seldom work out so wonderfully.
    The best part of all this chatter is a lot of people talk a lot of smack about what they would do in a similar situation. Most of them would probably stand in a puddle of their own urine while trying to come to grips with it. Until you are in that situation, no one can say what they would do. It is nice to think you would all come out of it looking like a hero. If this story is true, what happened took place in a few seconds. I suspect most of those here can't even form a complete thought without at least half an hour to work on it. LOL!

Was killing the guy wrong? Probably
    Am I all heartbroke over the loss of this guy? Not even a little bit. Especially if the story is as we are hearing it was.

Well, (raising a toast) here's to all you hero's that already know exactly what you would do in this kind of situation. Clink!

June 15, 2012 at 6:25 a.m.
  • Wow again! Greatnation1 while your opinion and facts are appreaciated I need to ask a question. If it were your child would you do everything you could to protect her? Maybe you hit the man once and it was enough to scare him away or maybe you hit him just right and it killed him....accidentally? Either way you wouldn't be thinking "Oh let me get my child out of harms way but not hurt or kill the attacker". I highly doubt it. He did, I'm sure, accidentally kill the man but do you think he was concerned about that while the crime was being committed???? I think not. Like I said before and I'll say it again.....if it's legally wrong, send him to jail, if it's wrong in God's eyes then send him to hell either way he protected his child. JUST LIKE ANY FATHER WOULD!

June 15, 2012 at 4:49 a.m.
  • Once again . . . Stillthewaywardwind . . . you are incorrect. The castle doctrine predominantly applies to situations where a property owner is under attack within their own property . . because the amount of force necessary to commit that kind of crime could necessitate equal force, even deadly force, to stop the attacker. But, the castle doctrine is still not a license to kill . . which you are advocating in the case at hand. Within the castle doctrine there still has to be proof that deadly force was necessary for someone to stop the attacker. It's almost impossible to believe the father had to kill the accused. That's why there is a possibility this could go to trial. Sorry, though I feel for the father, he probably over-reacted and the castle law will not cover it. Statistics are proving I'm right. Texas A&M has done a study and found non-justifiable homicides have gone up in every state that has adopted the castle law. So bofore you go off on an attacker and take him out . . don't count on the castle doctrine . . . you still may go to jail . . for good reason. Finally . . . as to your assessment of the Penn State/Sandusky case . . "due process" was not in place . . that's why more youths were possibly harmed than necessary. Penn State looked the other way, downplayed the possibility, etc., etc. . . . well . . . that's not due process . . . due process began when the authorities finally acted. Due process works both ways. So, we are right back where we started. In the case at hand, the father appears to have over-reacted out of rage, killed the man . . and the castle law still won't protect him . . . even though you say . . "There are a lot of people who simply NEED killing". In Florida it's the "Stand Your Ground" law. Oops. Seems like it didn't Give ol' George Zimmerman a get out of jail free card. The castle law came about to give us all the right to use deadly force when necessary . . not deadly force when used out of unchecked rage.

June 15, 2012 at 2:16 a.m.
  • GreatNation...There are a lot of people who simply NEED killling. Our society is better off when those who need killing are. We used to say in Texas that there are more thieves who need hanging than there horses that need stealing.

I'm not setting myself up as the arbitor of who should die. The State of Texas recognized the fact when they passed the Castle Doctrine law. The legislature and governor understand that when seconds count, the police are minutes away. They did the right thing and told homeowners that they don't have to retreat in the face of a threat to their homes and families. If someone enters your home and is a threat to your family, you have the RIGHT under the law to kill him. The process you're so concerned with is that the homeowner saw the bad guy and in the process, killed him. At this point, the police can do what they do best: clean up the mess. They can take pictures, ask questions, fill out reports and haul away the carcass. While this process is ongoing, the society at large can breathe a sigh of relief that one more who needed killing was. There is no need for the taxpayers to pay for his trial and eventual incarceration at the Huntsville Hilton. Hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of tax dollars have been saved and due process was followed.

This afternoon I was listening to the news on radio while driving home. There was a story about the former Penn State coach on trial for molesting MULTIPLE little kids. According to you, due process is being pursued. One of the witnesses stated that he SAW the coach with a kid in the shower and there was NO DOUBT in his mind what was going on. He didn't do anything about it. He let due process proceed and in the interim, more innocent little kids were molested. Now I understand that the laws are far different in the northeast, but if this witness had beat the snot out of the coach, whether he killed him or not, the molestation would have been stopped dead -- so to speak. Of course, in Pennsylvania, if the witness HAD intervened and possbly killed the coach, HE would probably be prosecuted. Fortunately in 'Texas, we have a more common sense approach when it comes to protecting innocents.

June 14, 2012 at 7:30 p.m.
  • GreatNation,

1 punch could have been enough to kill this man. As few as 2 punches could have done it. Is that excessive?

Why wouldn't this father feel remorse for killing someone. That is a normal reaction. Police officers feel remorse when they kill a criminal, it is a sign that you are a normal human being with feelings.

As for letting the police do the job of stopping this guy, he was very likely an illegal alien and if he had gotten away, good luck ever catching him. That is why the police haven't been able to release a name, they can't find the man's relatives since they are all in another country and he was here illegally.

What should the father have done, punched to wound?

June 14, 2012 at 6:57 p.m.
  • born2Bme,

Thanks for your comments . . . at least they are balanced and not inflamed. As you've probably guessed by my screen name and my input I'm an activist for balance in the courts and the reporting thereof. What's so disturbing about this is spelled out . . clearly. Here are the headlines. 1) SHINER RESIDENTS SUPPORT FATHER INVOLVED IN HOMICIDE 2) JUSTIFIABLE HOMICIDE PROBABLE IN BEATING DEATH OF MAN MOLESTING GIRL

Both of these assume the father is telling the truth with no process . . . no "discovery", as law inforcement calls it. Headline wording matters tremendously. It all affects fairness. Everyone alive wants fairness especially when they are the accused . . . . oh I forgot . . except in the case of a father claiming someone is a molesting-child-sex-predator and needed force at the scene resulting in death. Let's just applaud him and go on. This is no small matter. If the rage of the father, though justifiable at some level, went over the top . . let's admit it . . and take care of that business . . as well as making sure the girl gets the help she may need.

The "Oh well, these things happen" flavor of this in the media, the police and participants in this forum . . is scary. So, everyone should stop the gleeful clapping over a homicide, even if the accused is in fact exactly what the father claims, and did exactly what the father said he did. Let the process take place . . . . don't kill the accused in front of your daughter.

June 14, 2012 at 4:19 p.m.
  • greatnation,

I can't speak for everyone here, but it is a given that everyone who commented on this is going on the assumption that the story
    is how it has been presented, and mostly it's just reaction to what has been presented.
    Of course, we have due process and once everything has been looked at, and the facts presented, then and only then, will the DA make a decision. He will not be taking any comments written here into account, so it really doesn't matter. People are just venting their outrage at a situation, and injury to a child always brings more emotion and brutal comments. It's human nature to protect children and be outraged at the things that happen to them.

June 14, 2012 at 3:44 p.m.
  • born2Bme says . . . . . "Blind rage increases adrenaline and strength, much like the people that can lift cars of of people they love. It's not planned, it's not even logical, but it does happen." . . . . You are absolutely correct born2Bme. Crimes of passion have all those elements, but they don't justify the actions. That's why we have process. We are a nation of limits. The sad thing is that folks weighing in on this forum are making life and death value judgments without knowing more than a small portion of the facts. They are applauding a bludgeoning from a news story coverage of it. The father had a right to be angry . . . obviously . . . if in fact it happened just the way he said, and if the news reported it just the way he said it happened as well. At one time in our nations history we hung African-Americans without due process. Mob actions - vigilante style. And in Salem, Mass., Women (often teenage girls) were burned at the stake after it was determined they were witches, when in reality they simply had contracted some disease. One of the most intriguing and life changing experiences for me was a college course in crime and punishment in America. PROCESS IS ABSOLUTELY AT THE TOP OF THE LIST. Absolutely nothing is as it initially appears or seems. . . . . . . hence due process is necessary to bring about proper judgment and sentencing in disputes, attempted sexual improprieties and yes, homicide. That . . Mr. or Mrs. Writein . . . is what is floating through my head . . . what's in yours to be able to applaud a killing without process and clarity of the situation we are all talking about here?

June 14, 2012 at 2:46 p.m.
  • I'd be willing to bet that the actions that occured were planned by no one. It was gut reaction to someone hurting his baby girl. People that have never had that happen to them, cannot possibole know how they would react in the same circumstances. Hindsight is 20/20.

June 14, 2012 at 1:47 p.m.
  • I really want to know what is floating in the mind of GreatNation1 to make such a statement.

June 14, 2012 at 1:23 p.m.
  • Ruben5007 You say, "It's what a father does. Period." Are you kidding? I will repeat it again. The father's anger got the best of him. If the father is telling the truth here and the man was really attempting to do something inappropriate . . it still wouldn't take beating the man to death to get him to "stop" . . to get him away from the girl. That's foolish. What the father should have done . . period . . was to use whatever force necessary to get the man away, get the authorities immediately, and let the process take place, period. Instead the father chose to beat the man to the point of death . . right in front of his daughter. It's possible the trauma of the girl seeing that take place will be greater than whatever the accused was attempting. Outcome - now it's possible the father could end up not having the opportunity to raise his own children, or at least be separated from them for a period of time. Regardless of what we all feel about the father's right to "take care of business", simply put, he over-reacted and killed a man . . . . and the daughter probably watched him do it. The father's anger got the best of him, and though he is sorry for it, he killed a man, changed the lives of the family of the dead man, and put his own family at risk. Finally, rule of law is EXTREMELY important, so emotional outbreaks and rantings don't end up performing executions, which is exactly what happened at the scene and theoretically in the responses I've seen on this website. So, after a safe and gentle interview with the girl, the authorities will weigh in . . but there is still a problem that cannot be resolved here. The balance to what "really" happened at the scene will never be known. That information died with the accused. Sorry, this is not what a father does. Period!

June 14, 2012 at 10:29 a.m.
  • All I can say is wow! We have church and state, bible quotes, Texas law, Virgil, Mildred and Kangaroo's!!! Come on now people what this father did, doesn't matter what you think, is done and any other father, mother, grandparent, brother, sister or any other descent human being would have done the same thing by stopping harm to a child. If you can HONESTLY say that you wouldn't have reacted in the same manner if it was your child then your simply a liar. Myself, I wouldn't have stopped until I couldn't move my arms any longer. If Texas law states I would be guilty, then put me in jail. If the bible states I'm wrong then sentence me to hell but either way I stopped harm to my daughter so it really doesn't matter what happens to me. It's what a father does......period!

June 13, 2012 at 11:05 p.m.
  • I believe in the bible like many others. It also says in the bible to follow the law of the land. "Give to Ceaser what is Ceaser's give to God what is God's. The man while moraly wrong, he was well within his legal rights. I know what would have happened if it was one of my grandkids! I also have to consider what would have happened to the rapist in prison. He was lucky it happened the way it did. Who knows, you can't blame the father for his actions. Who's to say what anyone else would have done in the same position. God also teaches forgivness.

June 13, 2012 at 6:25 p.m.
  • Virgil: Hey Mildred come quick . . look . . there are kangaroos in the town square . . . they're going in and out of the courthouse. Is there a new zoo starting up in the square??? Mildred: No Virgil, they're here for the hearing on the father who beat that man to death. Virgil: Wow. So, even though not a single person knows what really happened at the scene except for the father and the accused, who is dead, all those folks are clapping with glee. What happened to due process? Mildred: Oh come now Virgil, process isn't necessary. The father says the man was a child molester and killed him on the spot. This is Shiner. That's all we need. Virgil: Then why was the father remorseful. Isn't that what people feel when they've done something wrong? Mildred: It doesn't matter Virgil . . someone has to die so we can all feel good about ourselves because we don't know how to keep our heads about us. You know, a lot of us have faced monsters like that crazed child sex predator ourselves. It's probably about time someone paid. After all. It's about how we feel, not due process. Virgil: Well alright I guess. But, who's going to clean up all that kangaroo crap in the square!!!

June 13, 2012 at 1:23 p.m.
  • My heart goes out to this man as he was protecting an innocent child from this monster who obviously has no respect for small girls or children in general. In fact he may have done this before and got away with it. I think that anyone of us who would be a parent, grandparent, family, etc. would have done the same thing, PROTECT THE CHILD. This man may not have intended to kill this monster, but at the same time all he had in mind was to protect for a child in his care!! Unfortunately, this man now will have to live with the fact he killed someone and that is enough of a sentence for him...he does NOT need a jail cell for that, esp. since this man has been a hard working individual, never got into trouble with the laws, etc. Then there is the child who also had to go through this ordeal, then see the fight and killing of someone she thought was ok to be with which is a trauma in itself and still another story in itself. This man will also have to live that for the rest of his life. I say let this man alone....he is living a nightmare far worse than sitting in a jail for killing a monster who attacted a child he loved and cared for. Jail is NOT an answer when the individual is protecting....Jail is for criminals such as the attacker had he lived this ordeal. To make it simpler yet, this man did all small children a favor......"they will not be attacked by a monster who has no respect for them other than what he could get from them". I say let the man alone. He has a sentence from the monster that he will have to live with the rest of his life and that is far than enough for him. The monster is now gone, and I realize he was someone that people loved, but this monster is now gone and never to be seen again which was something he brought on himself. I feel for his family as they have to live a sentence also that is far worse than being in a jail cell. It is time to let the healing begin for all involved. God bless them.

June 13, 2012 at 8:05 a.m.
  • i don't think anyone, for the most part, would be questioning this man is he shot the pedophile rather than beating him. i just read about the story on a website and found this website, so i'm not from texas. but doesn't texas have a law similar to florida's stand your ground law? aren't you allowed to protect your property, yourself, and your family from any and all threats? i mean i live in new jersey so we don't have laws like that, we're supposed to retreat from any threat and can be prosecuted in cases of self defense or defense of a family member that results in the injury of someone else. which makes absolutely no sense and is extremely screwed up. people have the right to protect themselves. bottom line. he was 100% justified in his actions. he protected his daughter against an intruder and a pedophile, and also protected all of the little girls in that community. so people can talk about two wrongs not making a right all they want, this pedophile entered his property and began attacking this man's daughter. his actions were justified, whether he would have used a gun or his bare hands. and who is going to mourn the death of a pedophile anyway? surely not me, and definitely not those who have daughters of their own around that age. i really hope this man isn't prosecuted.

June 13, 2012 at 1:36 a.m.
  • Let me say this I hope this newspaper and the media repeat this story for a week. Why because I want this story to be a warning to every child rapist in the nation that their sick and twisted actions will not be put up with. If the D.A. or the local justice system decide to press charges, I hope everyone would take off their hats and offer collections.

June 13, 2012 at 12:49 a.m.
  • @greatnation1 – I usually don’t post but your comments are way off and here is why. A trained physician will be able to tell in 5 mins max if this poor girl’s trauma is for real or if she was conspiring with her father in some elaborate plot to kill man because of a relationship gone sour…ABSURD! It’s not even remotely possible because of the girl’s age. You’re lengthy post serves no purpose other than to stir the pot. Your friend’s story from the 90’s means nothing to this case…Your statistic of 60% of sex abuse cases are false means nothing to this case… You are not a member of the grand jury and privy to details other than the few that are presented in this article. There is no “vigilante” tone in the posts but angry PARENTS reacting to the few facts that have been presented to them in this article. Keep it simple, you will get through life a lot easier.

June 13, 2012 at 12:29 a.m.
  • I would have probably reacted in the very same way if I had witnessed ANY helpless child being molested - Imagine this happening to your very own. Also, now, one of the worries is whether the child has been exposed to any sexually transmitted disease. How very sad that such a small child has been hurt possibly for life. Father justified.

June 12, 2012 at 10:44 p.m.
  • any sick s.o.b that does things to a baby is nothing that father did the right thing and he may have saved more kids i know if it was mine the guy got off to good leave the father and his baby alone my prayers will go out for her and her family that father did nothing wrong but love his baby like any parent would have

June 12, 2012 at 10:24 p.m.
  • In the 1990's one of my best friends spent 3 years defending himself on and off the witness stand against allegations he had molested his own daughter. The allegations were brought by his ex-wife who was trying to get the daughter awarded to her for life with no contact by the father. The allegations included explicit details of multiple episodes of molestation. But finally the mother admitted on the stand (in tears) she had fabricated all of it, including the specific details she had rehearsed with the daughter. So, after thousands of dollars of defense expense and several years of gut wrenching misery, my friend "won" his case and was awarded the daughter permanently. Turns out, as much as 60% of all sex abuse cases are fabricated. (nationwide law inforcement stats). Also, within legitimate cases a similar percent of the information claimed is also fabricated or stretched to destroy the accused. In the case of this beating death there are only two possibilities. The father grossly over-reacted and beat a man to death out of anger, because it doesn't take this level of violence to separate anyone from a four year old, though that's what the father and even law inforcement is basically allowing to be thought as necessary. The second possibility is that the scenario is fabricated and the father is lying to cover some other issue stemming from his relationship with the man beaten to death. In either case, the courts need to look at this very closely. A man was beaten to death. Somehow I'm not surprised at the reactions of folks because of the inflamed manner in which the sex abuse issue is being handled media-wide. While there is a problem in our nation, sex abuse and allegtions of it, have been turned into a weapon for good people to pick up and club someone to death. What if the news in tomorrow's paper said someone now killed the father, claiming they were only defending themselves because the father realized they overheard him tell someone else the man beaten to death didn't really molest his daughter, but instead they had gotten into an argument, the father was beating the man, and the girl's screams were because of that. Would you be equally as quick to say the father got what he deserved in his death? Of course not. We've all been seared by the inflamation of this issue. Finally, there is an old proverb that says . . when an accuser comes along he is immediately believed . . till another comes along and disputes him to balance the accusation. The only one in this case who could balance the accusation . . . was beaten to death! Sorry, the vigilante feel of this is scary.

June 12, 2012 at 9:16 p.m.
  • SWWW--just an FYI: The DA for Lavaca County is Heather McMinn (R) and she is unopposed in November after beating challenger Patricia Finch in the recent primary. Finch, I believe, carried Gonzales and Lavaca Counties, with McMinn carrying Guadalupe. There is no Dem challenger.

June 12, 2012 at 8:58 p.m.
  • From what I have been hearing from friends in Gonzales is that the child molester was in this country illegally.

June 12, 2012 at 7:49 p.m.
  • He'll never have to go to trial. Look at the comments. The people who are supporting him, for the most part are the jury pool. The DA has to be re-elected. The people who are making the positive comments are, for the most part, the people who he needs to vote for him. Leave the family alone and let them heal.

June 12, 2012 at 7:12 p.m.
  • The father was right to attack that man for molesting his baby.
    I am a woman, and I to would of beat the man up.
    When you mess with children in a degrading way, you deserve to get what is coming to you.
    I pray this baby can find peace in her mind and heart from all of this.
    When you are sexually abused, it never goes away, but, you can go on.
    Let the baby and her father heal frome this.
    The father should not be held resposible for this thugs death.
    The father has all rights to take that scum bag down.

June 12, 2012 at 6:33 p.m.
  • The father shoulda had a Louisville Slugger handy. It much easier on the knuckles. As for as the bad buy...It's hard to feel sorry for some people. The father saved the state of Texas a LOT of money. I understand that the DA has to present the case to the grand jury, but a no bill is going to be automatic. Let the family heal. The only thing this father deserves is to be left alone with his little girl. Lotsa hugs and NO newspaper or TV and radio reporters.

June 12, 2012 at 6:16 p.m.
  • I believe what the father did was well within his rights, he did what he needed to do to protect his baby girl, I know I would've done the same without even thinking twice!!! Especially knowing that he tried to remove this man from his daughter and the man wouldn't budge, he did the right thing. And for the father to feel remorseful for having killed him just goes to show even more insight to his caring character. I would also like to add that maybe the reason they haven't found the deceased man's family is because they may know what kind of a monster he is and decided to disown him from their family long ago, who knows....

June 12, 2012 at 5:35 p.m.
  • The other person to tell the true story is that little girl. For anyone to defend a child molester it truely saddens me. JUSTICE was servered

June 12, 2012 at 5:24 p.m.
  • It is a parents job to protect there child from harm and that's what this man did.This Father not only saved his daughter but saved other children from being abused by this man in the near future.I wouldn't doubt it if other children come forward after knowing this monster is 6 feet deep in the ground.I have no sympathy for child predators.Children are defenseless and shouldn't have to endure such nastiness from these sick minded people.

June 12, 2012 at 4:19 p.m.
  • BlueD and Noe,

Houston Chronicle story I read said there were witnesses according to Chronicle the girl screaming is what led to the discovery by the dad and others.

June 12, 2012 at 4:09 p.m.
  • This man signed his own death warrant when he chose to breach the innocence of a child.
    This is not murder, but defending the helpless.

June 12, 2012 at 3:11 p.m.
  • I agree with BlueD...I'm not saying that if in fact, the story is true, that the fathers rage was not justified. But we can't know the truth until ALL facts are checked. It is a terrible terrible thing to believe that an innocent life was scarred because of some scum of the earth.

BUT, until all facts are revealed to show that what is being said actually occurred, then the entire event has to be looked at. Then and only then, can we say that what this father did was appropriate.

June 12, 2012 at 1:10 p.m.
  • If he is charged, it looks like the town of Shiner will pitch in to help get him freed. The town is behind him 100% and it should be.

June 12, 2012 at 11:40 a.m.
  • Ya, well what if it didn't happen like he said and had nothing to do with the little one? Seems awefully easy these days to paint someone a witch or a thug, and shoot. With a dead party who can't tell a different story, kind of hard to say? There's nothing in the story to say that his account was validated by any certain facts ... they didn't have to say what they were, just that they existed.

June 12, 2012 at 11:37 a.m.
  • @wuzup: This has nothing to do with vengeance, so your Bible quote is irrelevant. This man was not looking for vengeance, he was defending the innocent. There is a HUGE difference between the two, and apparently you need to go back and study the Bible a little more. The Bible also says "Defend the poor and fatherless" (Psalms 82:3-4), or did you miss that one. How about "defend the helpless and oppressed" (Jeremiah 10:5), or did you miss that one too?

June 12, 2012 at 11:28 a.m.
  • I must say what a situation , Im sure the man was overcome with emotion and this was a natural result. He should be not charged because he commited no crime. Just loving father doing his Job.. GOOD MAN Amen

June 12, 2012 at 10:11 a.m.
  • This father did exactly what any respectable father or parent or grandparent or good citizen would have done....he stepped up and protected an innocent victim when he saw the victim being tortured at the hands of the devil himself. Because our court system is set up to punish crimes that restrict our rights as AMERICAN CITIZENS (life, liberty, etc) and punish crimes that infringe on the monetary system (white and blue collar crimes), it often seems that crimes where innocent children who have no real voice are often overlooked for "lack of evidence" - meaning there was no permanent damage or death. Despite advocacy to help victims move forward, the truth is these pedophiliac types who somehow have such evil wired brains that they are unable to recognize that a child barely out of pull ups is NOT for their taking, continue to wander our streets unpunished for their crimes. Why? Lack of concrete evidence. Had this gone to trial, some DA would likely have found a way to have it thrown out or had given Mr. Pedophile a free ride this time. It happens a LOT in our area, in our state and in our country. Had I walked in, I cannot say I would have reacted any differently in order to remove the caustic parasite from the angel that is a gift. Every child deserves safety and security. This father deserves a MEDAL and although he did not mean to kill the guy, Karma stepped up as it always does.

June 12, 2012 at 9:58 a.m.
  • If the father is charged and is unable to pay for an attorney, I sure hope he gets a good one appointed (maybe even a 'hot shot pro-bono' lawyer will step up) to defend him. There is no question in my mind that it wasn't the dad's intention to kill this piece of scum, his emotions took over while he was protecting his daughter.

June 12, 2012 at 9:53 a.m.

June 12, 2012 at 8:53 a.m.
  • GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE, TRIGGER FINGERS DO!! This man did what needed to be done, if it goes to grand jury he needs to be no billed. I bet wuzup has no kids, if he did there is no way he can sit there and defend the child molester, either that he is one himself. The world is full of scum like that and if the parents will not protect their kids who will. Cops carry guns to protect themselvs not you. Wuzup have you ever wondered why the USA has never had a ground attack against us, its becuase we have the right to bear arms. The man that protected his child should be nominated a local hero and given the key to the city.
    Wuzup you can quote the bible all day, sad to say most folks do not live by it at all, so if a man that does not live by the bible is molesting your child does that mean you do not step out to protect your child. Bottom line is that man saved his daughter, she will have to suffer the rest of her life for what happened, and god willing the father will have no remorse for protecting his daughter.

June 12, 2012 at 8:49 a.m.
  • wuzup, nobody is teaching their children to kill here, its called protecting your loved ones. You are forgetting he didn't kill the man on purpose. Can you imagine walking in and seeing that, you natural instinct is to protect your child, and with emotions running thru your body, your not thinking about your strength. It was an accident, and I am proud that he protected his little girl. These sick people in this world are not just molesting our children, they are killing them to. And that could of been the out come, if it wasn't for this brave father. Somebody needs to stop them. I pray that this little girl is okay and her daddy will always be her hero. I know he is a HERO in my eyes.

June 12, 2012 at 8:45 a.m.

June 12, 2012 at 8:27 a.m.
  • I'm sorry the father was put in a situation where he had to use force to protect his child. I don't blame him in any way. He should not have to pay for the tragedy caused by the individual who attempted to hurt the little one. It's an awful ordeal all around, and my heart goes out to the family along with my prayers that their lives are not turned upside down by this fiasco.

June 12, 2012 at 8:19 a.m.
  • I'm dumbfounded by some of the interpretations of Biblical Scripture here. If you REALLY read the Bible you will find that not only is it correct to defend yourself and others, it's in fact a moral obligation to defend others from harm. There is a difference in defense of others and vengeance or revenge.

We have an obligation to preserve the body and life of other people. Psalm 82:4 even cites an obligation to protect those who are in danger:

Psalm 82:4 "Rescue the weak and needy; Deliver them out of the hand of the wicked."

Ezekiel 33 "... 6 'But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require from the watchman's hand.' In other words, if you do nothing to warn or aid those in harm, you are just as guilty of harming the innocents as the perpetrator of the crime.

And one more example: Esther 8:11-12 11 By these letters the king permitted the Jews who were in every city to gather together and protect their lives -- to destroy, kill, and annihilate all the forces of any people or province that would assault them, both little children and women, and to plunder their possessions...

Self defense is NOT murder. Protecting yourself and those around you is a MORAL obligation.

June 12, 2012 at 8:18 a.m.
  • I look at it as one child molester of the streets 500 thousand more to go .he just removed a pieace of evil off the earth!!

June 12, 2012 at 8:04 a.m.
  • WE AREN'T TALKING ABOUT AN INNOCENT MAN. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT AN INNOCENT CHILD. You go ahead and defend that man, I will defend that child, my child, and that father. I'm human. God created us and knows how strongly we love when we love. You are something else.

June 12, 2012 at 7:48 a.m.
  • "Maybe you ought to read the Bible! "Vengance is MINE sayth the Lord." Maybe that's the problem...too many people think they are above the Lord. I agree that the dead man is scum and deserved to be punished...but no human has the right to kill another!!"

And that ladies and gentlemen is why we have a separation of church and state.

June 12, 2012 at 7:46 a.m.
  • Yeah, and while we are at it..let's go ahead and teach our kids it's ok to kill. Oh that's right, they already know how because of parents like you who support violence. I've had my say and I rest assured in my faith in the Lord. God pity those who live by their own rules and not the Lord's. And as for me being a Catholic priest...not in a million years would that be true. But let's all get our guns and take them out too,Huh?? I bet a million young kids would be saved!

June 12, 2012 at 7:32 a.m.
  • wuzup, I know what the Bible says. Jesus said not to harm a child. We are human and we have emotions and this man will be forgiven if he asks. The bible says that too. We are flawed. He did what anyone else would have, except you. The death of the pervert was accidental. If it were my child, it would not have been. The bible also says, "Thou shalt not commit murder". It doesn't say, thou shalt not kill.

June 12, 2012 at 7:28 a.m.
  • This gentleman is a hero, and my personal nominee for
    "Father of the Year".

June 12, 2012 at 7:21 a.m.

June 12, 2012 at 7:17 a.m.
  • What happend to " love thy neighbor" ...I don't think that dad is a bad person for protecting his daughter. We are humans with human emotions...where there is good there is evil. Molester was evil, father was good, CHILD IS INNOCENT.

June 12, 2012 at 7:11 a.m.
  • This man did what every dad should of done. I hope to see him walk free and every other child molestor learns from this.

June 12, 2012 at 7:07 a.m.
  • Let's be real "wuzup" I must assume you don't recall the Casey Anthony story....the judicial system doesn't always serve justice. So while any parent can protect their children, why not? Hopefully it sends a message to other sick people trying to hurt our children... Get caught, you die, we go home and have dinner and go to sleep, peacefully"...I would have done the same thing to that man except without remorse. The damage that baby girl will have to endure the rest of her life is much sadder than his death. How many other children has he hurt? How many other children did that father save? That father is a hero. I would never kill an innocent man, but we aren't talking about an innocent man. We are talking about a man who didn't value that baby girls life. Unfortunately for him, her father did.

June 12, 2012 at 7:03 a.m.
  • No, you are wrong! Maybe you ought to read the Bible! "Vengance is MINE sayth the Lord." Maybe that's the problem...too many people think they are above the Lord. I agree that the dead man is scum and deserved to be punished...but no human has the right to kill another!!

June 12, 2012 at 7:02 a.m.
  • This Man,did what a Real Father should have done. A father is supposed ta protect and defend his family! I commend his actions,he should make Real Fathers of the world PROUD! I want ta wish him an early Happy Fathers Day!!!!!

June 12, 2012 at 6:53 a.m.
  • wuzup, you are wrong. He was well within his rights to kill the man. He would have been within his right if he had shot the man. You can you deadly force if you or anyone else is in danger of death, serious bodily injury or SEXUAL ASSAULT. A 4 year old should be able to walk around their own property without being molested. This is not the fault of anyone except the dead pervert!

June 12, 2012 at 6:48 a.m.
  • I agree that child molesters should be judged but isn't it supposed to be by the judicial system and ultimately by God? I guess my concern here is where the parent or grandfather was that this child could be taken into a barn without it being noticed. Come on Advocate, give us the WHOLE story!!

June 12, 2012 at 6:38 a.m.
  • I agree with missym, I feel bad for the father of the little girl. I have a 5 year old daughter and would expect the same reaction from her daddy, as well as me. He got what he deserved, you can't change those sick people. Now the poor little girl and her dad will have to live with this awful experience as well as the rest of their family. I hope and pray he doesn't get charged, he was only doing what was right and being a good father protecting his defenseless little girl from a sick in the head monster.

June 11, 2012 at 11:26 p.m.
  • I feel very bad for this man. In all honestly I would have reacted the same way. I don't even know why we are talking about this. Its a no brainer. the jerk who molested the baby got what he deserved. It goes with the territory. Mess with my babies and I will defend them to the end.

June 11, 2012 at 11:03 p.m.